What's new

Saudi Arabia announces 20% defence budget increase

Yup, it would be so very soon and it would become an oil exporter in the next two decades ;)
NA oil shale reserves are around 2.6 trillion barrel which is about two times of the current world oil reserves. The important point is about the exploitation costs, in which many of this huge reserve is economical for oil prices higher than 70$ per barrel ;)
Another positive point is that about half of trade deficit is for importing oil, and getting independent means that half of trade deficit would be vanished ;)
I think the price will drop with better extraction methods in the future.

What Mosamania said, makes sense. USA is changing her policy. USA will move her forces from ME to Pacific Ocean and East Asia in future, since that region is getting more important for USA, and the increasing rate of exploitation of oil shales in North America will make US independent from ME in future ;)

I've been hearing that for years now and nothing has changed. Still many military bases in the ME.

@bravata l @Neptune

Naval detterence is built on threat calculus. If you have the luxury of funds, you'd be able to procure assets for even low tier emerging threats from the overall threat axis.

Naval assets are always dual use, therefore RSAN maybe beefing up for both Red Sea and IOR theaters.

I also see an inclination towards building a blue water navy, therefore we might also see a carrier in service with RSAN soon, which is what they need for extending IOR footprint.

Last edited:
Is this a global navigation system or just limited to KSA, i couldnt find any info about it.

An old thread

LAMAH Saudi made secure data-link system.

Yup, it would be so very soon and it would become an oil exporter in the next two decades ;)
NA oil shale reserves are around 2.6 trillion barrel which is about two times of the current world oil reserves. The important point is about the exploitation costs, in which many of this huge reserve is economical for oil prices higher than 70$ per barrel ;)
Another positive point is that about half of trade deficit is for importing oil, and getting independent means that half of trade deficit would be vanished ;)

Apparently, that was a deadly wrong estimation :(

U.S. officials cut estimate of recoverable Monterey Shale oil by 96%

Last edited:
@bravata l @Neptune

Naval detterence is built on threat calculus. If you have the luxury of funds, you'd be able to procure assets for even low tier emerging threats from the overall threat axis.

Naval assets are always dual use, therefore RSAN maybe beefing up for both Red Sea and IOR theaters.

I also see an inclination towards building a blue water navy, therefore we might also see a carrier in service with RSAN soon, which is what they need for extending IOR footprint.

If I am not wrong Iraq too had French fighter aircrafts/Radar during Gulf War but Iraq was ditched later on by manipulating the codes so that Western Countries can bomb them. How come KSA is going to be different as they are acquiring western technologies only. They have money but no brain to understand in and out of these weapons.

Why Saudis waste a lot of money because they never fight in any war
maybe they going to liberate sanafir and Tiran

@bravata l @Neptune

Naval assets have several types of uses. From PSYOP to supporting foreign policy....everything.

As for the upper part of the post, you can read my posts at Saudi FREMM thread.

An CV is not really even under possibilities for RSAN. But they maintain a naval infantry force around 12,000. Even much more than RN, TNF and AE. LPDs and LHDs are the actual long term projects of RSAN. I wouldn't really rely on RSAN Amphibious Fleet as there's a lackness at both numbers and quality. How is it gonna supposed to move a dozen thousand of Marines. Specially for the leading power at GCC? Having the geographic position of KSA as core. It's not really a good decision to come with blue water ships acquisitions before having a strong logistic support fleet backed up by a perfect fleet of submarines and ASW corvettes, LCSs., at least for regional scale. KSA is surrounded by green waters. And only forward threats are at IOR. And its not really possible to encounter them with air-defence frigates.a lot of other things count in the case of RSAN.

Unfortunately they had grown very slowly under the shadow of RSAF.

@bravata l @Neptune

Carrier with RSAN you gotta be kidding they maximum need LHD I mean helicopter carriers like Japan but which can also launch Missiles but before that more Frigates and Destroyers and starting to procure Submarines but carrier No Way man

casual poster, post: 6112583, member: 161532"]A GPS system takes two dozen satellites and a decade to become operational. Putting it once is difficult enough, no one is going to build a " GPS like " system twice.[/quote]

A GPS like system is a reference it could be further either be development of Beidou II/III infact already works in progress by China if it can take a decade by all means it should but saudis would need to look for alternate to GPS in a long run if they want powerful regional military. Last 80 billion dollars can buy alot it is sad country like hindustan is ripped off by russians and west.

Is this a global navigation system or just limited to KSA, i couldnt find any info about it.

Lamah uses 12 Saudi satellites that covers from India to France. It is purely military and so far has no use in civilian sector, only the civilian navigation system for naval purposes they are currently working on.

398672664.png

images

Last edited:
Out of $80 billion, let's take $5 billion on JF-17 or other projects with Pakistan cooperation, can they ?!? :mad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom