What's new

Saudi Arabia and China, a new era of strategic relations

No rational human being would ever consider the American-Saudi effort of foiling 400 terror attacks worldwide as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the Saudi-America effort of promoting stability in the ME as a lip service.

Maybe devaluing the human's life is your thing with that lip service, but surely it isn't ours.

And no rational human being would ever consider the Saudi aid to NASA, MIT, and other US medical research centers as a lip service. KSA helped many notable institutions to carry out projects of extreme importance to humanity.

And no rational human being would ever consider the Saudi-American private sector investments, commerce as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider a non-oil $80 billion trade volume as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the public, private Saudi investment in the local US market as a public investment.

And no rational human being would ever consider purchasing public bonds as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the US-Saudi multi-billion industrial projects as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the Saudi-US educational relations as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the two-way Saudi-American infrastructural investments as a lip service.

I'm a dual Saudi-US national, and that lip service part of yours insults my Intelligence as I can always speak with the authority on that.

Those who follow the " Geo-strategical " discourse probably can't distinguish between the concept of business and politics. It's been said that a given group of people, can only think in the categories their mindsets allow them to think of.

We value our relations with everybody, and we can't afford losing Zimbabwe, let alone the US or China.

It's been nice talking to you, keep in touch.

I can't say its been nice talking to you because you do not understand anything I am saying and nor are you willingly to do open your mind.All I get get talking to you is the passice aggressive behavior worthy of any schoolgirl

Yes all this is lip service when you compare it with long term US partners.
I don't need to show the truth to you because you will close your eyes even if I shove it in your face.
Google it if you want to gain some knowledge or continue living like you do.
Doesn't make an iota of difference to me.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Last edited:
No rational human being would ever consider the American-Saudi effort of foiling 400 terror attacks worldwide as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the Saudi-America effort of promoting stability in the ME as a lip service.

Maybe devaluing the human's life is your thing with that lip service, but surely it isn't ours.

And no rational human being would ever consider the Saudi aid to NASA, MIT, and other US medical research centers as a lip service. KSA helped many notable institutions to carry out projects of extreme importance to humanity.

And no rational human being would ever consider the Saudi-American private sector investments, commerce as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider a non-oil $80 billion trade volume as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the public, private Saudi investment in the local US market as a public investment.

And no rational human being would ever consider purchasing public bonds as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the US-Saudi multi-billion industrial projects as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the Saudi-US educational relations as a lip service.

And no rational human being would ever consider the two-way Saudi-American infrastructural investments as a lip service.

I'm a dual Saudi-US national, and that lip service part of yours insults my Intelligence as I can always speak with the authority on that.

Those who follow the " Geo-strategical " discourse probably can't distinguish between the concept of business and politics. It's been said that a given group of people, can only think in the categories their mindsets allow them to think of.

We value our relations with everybody, and we can't afford losing Zimbabwe, let alone the US or China.

Somebody got totally owned. I even cringed when I read the posts of this utter ignorant and saw your more than excellent reply.

This gif should speak for itself:

It's even better doing something similar in real life if you do martial arts.:woot:

With US set to become self reliant and even competitor of Saudi Arabia in oil production, expect China to be the new BFF.
US will no longer care if the gulf is stable , that responsibility falls on China now.

Dude it is not as simple as that.

US still imports 7-8 million barrels a day. The jury is out whether they will ever be truly self-sufficient as it would not be easy digging 3-4 billion barrels out of the ground every year and make it last for decades on end.

The other big point you are missing is that the US's allies in Europe and Asia rely on oil from the Gulf-Region, and if the US cannot assist them in getting this oil, then they may feel that the US is no longer worth being friends with.

[
Dude it is not as simple as that.

US still imports 7-8 million barrels a day. The jury is out whether they will ever be truly self-sufficient as it would not be easy digging 3-4 billion barrels out of the ground every year and make it last for decades on end.

The other big point you are missing is that the US's allies in Europe and Asia rely on oil from the Gulf-Region, and if the US cannot assist them in getting this oil, then they may feel that the US is no longer worth being friends with.

That does not contradict what I am saying.Gulf will remain important to US and US will remain important to GCC.
But China will assume the responsibility of maintaining stability of Gulf region due to it 1.it being the biggest importer and hence biggest looser in case of a price spike and 2.supplanting US as the strongest military in the world

Naturally as a result of this plus the fact that China will be the biggest trade partner of Saudi, unlike US which will actually be a competitor, China relationship will take higher priority for Saudi than US relationship.
It takes a really sensitive fella to get butthurt over this simple fact.

Afterall, I am not talking about rocket science here, just the basic facts which are widely accepted in geopolitical circles.

Last edited:
[

That does not contradict what I am saying.Gulf will remain important to US and US will remain important to GCC.
But China will assume the responsibility of maintaining stability of Gulf region due to it 1.it being the biggest importer and hence biggest looser in case of a price spike and 2.supplanting US as the strongest military in the world

Naturally as a result of this plus the fact that China will be the biggest trade partner of Saudi, unlike US which will actually be a competitor, China relationship will take higher priority for Saudi than US relationship.
It takes a really sensitive fella to get butthurt over this simple fact.

Afterall, I am not talking about rocket science here, just the basic facts which are widely accepted in geopolitical circles.

Let me quote what you said:

"US will no longer care if the gulf is stable"

You need to take back what you said if you did not really mean it.

Let me quote what you said:

"US will no longer care if the gulf is stable"

You need to take back what you said if you did not really mean it.

It is true.Does China care now that gulf is stable ?.You could say it does, but my point was it does not care enough to get its hands dirty.China depends on US to this job for them.

I meant that statement from a military perspective.I didn't mean it for you to take it literally.I mean it should be obvious that the statement is not meant to be taken literally.
I guess some of it was lost in translation.

I am just saying the roles will be reversed in the future.US may care about stability of Gulf in the future but it will be China which will take decisive action first.

Last edited:
@godofwar did you even understand what @Yzd Khalifa wrote to you of the dozens of FACTS that he mentioned? Some very well-known for outsiders and some less so.

It seems not to be the case.

Thanks for your input.I 'll keep it in mid./sarcasm
If you remember the point of contention was not the importance of Middle east but future relations of US Saudi and China.

Your countryman read a neutral commentary on the most likely scenario between these three countries and some how deduced that I was arguing against the importance of gulf region.
Insecure much ?

He then proceeded to change the whole topic to Saudi jingoism with a dash of passive aggressive bitchiness thrown in and derailed the thread.
I hope you will contribute more than him.

Last edited:
@godofwar did you even understand what @Yzd Khalifa wrote to you of the dozens of FACTS that he mentioned? Some very well-known for outsiders and some less so.

It seems not to be the case.

The ancient ME has been the center of the world for thousands of years and is still today one of the most geopolitically and geo-strategically important areas of the world and a crossroad of the world located next to Europe, Africa and the remaining part of Asia aside from being one of the richest ares of the world in terms of natural resources and the homeland of the 3 major monotheistic religions of the world. The 3 Abrahamic religions.

A region that connects the Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean, Gulf, Red Sea and Mediterranean Sea. Enough said.

Oil plays a little role in all that and will continue to play a lesser role but the strategic importance of the ME region will always remain and KSA being one of the regional powers of the ME/Western Asia will remain important for any world power. Let alone the GCC as a whole.

Only simpletons (sorry) look at all those facts and aspects by just focusing on something as trivial as oil.

Oil plays a little role in all that and will continue to play a lesser role but the strategic importance of the ME region will always remain and KSA being one of the regional powers of the ME/Western Asia will remain important for any world power. Let alone the GCC as a whole.

Only simpletons (sorry) look at all those facts and aspects by just focusing on something as trivial as oil.

Yes that is all fine and dandy but I was not debating the importance of Gulf region but commenting on how the relationship between US,Saudi and China will play out in future.

Considering the fact you nor yzd bothered to understand it, I suggest you look in the mirror before throwing words like simpleton.

Last edited:
Yes that is all fine and dandy but I was not debating the importance of Gulf region but commenting on how the relationship between US,Saudi and China will play out in future.

Considering the fact you nor yzd bothered to understand it, I suggest you look in the mirror before throwing words like simpleton.

There is nothing called the "Gulf Region". It's called the Eastern Arabian Peninsula or the Arabian Peninsula if you are talking about it all. Or in a wider picture the ME or Western Asia.

@Yzd Khalifa mentioned about 10-15 important and factual facts that have nothing to do with any natural resources. You used to somehow ignore that and only continued the usual talk of an ignoramus that entered the wrong thread with all due respect.

Judging from that this makes you a simpleton when it comes to this particular issue. Nothing to do with you being a simpleton overall.

There is nothing called the "Gulf Region". It's called the Eastern Arabian Peninsula or the Arabian Peninsula if you are talking about it all. Or in a wider picture the ME or Western Asia.

@Yzd Khalifa mentioned about 10-15 important and factual facts that have nothing to do with any natural resources. You used to somehow ignore that and only continued the usual talk of an ignoramus that entered the wrong thread with all due respect.

Judging from that this makes you a simpleton when it comes to this particular issue. Nothing to do with you being a simpleton overall.

This particular issue was not what I was debating in the first point point.
Gulf region is the colloquial term for these countries.
260px-Persian_Gulf_Arab_States_english.PNG

Despite me having to spoonfeed you everything you are still not even getting the initial point.Ergo, simpleton.

This particular issue was not what I was debating in the first point point.
Gulf region is the colloquial term for these countries.
260px-Persian_Gulf_Arab_States_english.PNG

Considering have spoonfeed you almost everything

:lol:

You just highlighted the GCC. That's not a geographical area, historical area or regional area. It's just a political and economic union. Dude, read a bit about the ancient ME region before you make such mistakes or try to act more knowledgeable than the locals.

Map indicating CCASG members.

Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol:

You just highlighted the GCC. That's not a geographical area, historical area or regional area. It's just a political and economic union. Dude, read a bit about the ancient ME region before you make such mistakes or try to act more knowledgeable than the locals.

Map indicating CCASG members.

Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do understand meaning of colloquialism ?
You dont make points of logic or merit but by taking every thing literally.I think I am done.

Do understand meaning of colloquialism ?
You dont make points of logic or merit but by taking every thing literally.I think I am done.

Yes, please stick to India or Bangladesh.

Now here is Eastern Arabia for you.

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also such mistakes are not the point they are just highlighting your lack of knowledge about this particular issue and region. I already proved that and so did @Yzd Khalifa

Anyway this is not surprising. I know little about the geopolitics of India's region hence I do not discuss that.

Yes, please stick to India or Bangladesh.

Now here is Eastern Arabia for you.

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also such mistakes are not the point they are just highlighting your lack of knowledge about this particular issue. I already proved that and so did @Yzd Khalifa

Anyway this is not surprising. I know little about the geopolitics of India's region hence I do not discuss that.

If you are indeed knowledgeable then will you actually make atleast 1(one) post relevant to the topic ?

Will China supplant US as Saudi's largest economic,political partner in say 30 years ?

Back
Top Bottom