What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Seems the project is full steam ahead
No, not yet.

It could very well be just a major study case, to assist in J-35 as well as sixth Gen platform, SAC might want to reach that plateau faster than CAC i think.

The answer we need about FC-31 program lies in v3 and possible AVIC display of v3 in near exhibitions and Air Shows. If the platform does showcase export-cleared FIFTH GEN tech, then we can safely assume that China is pursuing this project further for export or even self procurement

No, not yet.

It could very well be just a major study case, to assist in J-35 as well as sixth Gen platform, SAC might want to reach that plateau faster than CAC i think.

The answer we need about FC-31 program lies in v3 and possible AVIC display of v3 in near exhibitions and Air Shows. If the platform does showcase export-cleared FIFTH GEN tech, then we can safely assume that China is pursuing this project further for export or even self procurement

So maybe aiming for Zhuhai 2020?

So maybe aiming for Zhuhai 2020?
If the flight happens and made public before the event, nothing is stopping for the New Variant to be Marketed or for the time being, more specifically, Displayed.

We could very well be seeing a flight display finally in the Zhuhai, If the v3 was designed to address the shortcomings of the two earlier designs, v3 most probably is sort of a sorted out model, maybe even ready for LRIP once required by customer (local/international).

What is opinion about its RCS after having look of the picture??
Design is no doubt, Low profile and RCS with stealthy features such as DSI, V tail swept further down, Diamond nose.

Since this is still a v2, the design overall is a major upgrade over the original demonstrator, slim and broader body. Canopy seems sunk in as compared to v1.

Shortcomings are still there apparently, and that has got to do more with the evident exposure of engine and nozzles, no coating or any structure to reduce their exposure and heat radiation YET.
Another thing, which is a question mark in general over Chinese fifth Gen Aircrafts are the stealth coatings, Are they plain RAM coatings, layer by layer or are they heated down into the structure holes and body, latter being the case with F-35 and F-22 resulting in an extremely low RCS.

Yes, in November last year parts of it were posted, but the whole one only today (at least as far as I know)
That’s exactly what i was referring to in early post, could you post that tease pic as well ? The one that had only the stabilizer i guess

That’s exactly what i was referring to in early post, could you post that tease pic as well ? The one that had only the stabilizer i guess

Yes ... in fact there two snippets posted, which I pasted together to this:

FC-31V2 - 20190904 grey 1+2.jpg

Any indication the design has been scaled up to use the WS-10 engines, due to the delay in the engine programs?
If only that was so simple, we would be flying WS-10 Thunders...

Grow up Yar, Can you imagine an airframe, designed to sustain a limited thrust and resistance, to actually be capable to host engines having 35-45% more thrust and in turn the drag it could create, It would shatter mid air, Wings apart, body reduced to rubbles...

Having 2 WS-10 is not a joke and that definitely is suitable for a Heavy class fighter such as Flanker or even heavier J-20, unlike FC-31 being a medium

WS-19 is probably getting closer and closer, maybe enter production by late 2022

@Deino Could you summarize the recent developments known on the WS-19 please ? Since you keep yourself updated with details.

If only that was so simple, we would be flying WS-10 Thunders...

Grow up Yar, Can you imagine an airframe, designed to sustain a limited thrust and resistance, to actually be capable to host engines having 35-45% more thrust and in turn the drag it could create, It would shatter mid air, Wings apart, body reduced to rubbles...

Having 2 WS-10 is not a joke and that definitely is suitable for a Heavy class fighter such as Flanker or even heavier J-20, unlike FC-31 being a medium

WS-19 is probably getting closer and closer, maybe enter production by late 2022

@Deino Could you summarize the recent developments known on the WS-19 please ? Since you keep yourself updated with details.
If I remember correctly ws-10 is alot larger than rd-93 and the m88 from the Rafale and ej-2000 from euro fighter are about the same size as ws-13. Ws-19 also about same size but more powerful.

If I remember correctly ws-10 is alot larger than rd-93 and the m88 from the Rafale and ej-2000 from euro fighter are about the same size as ws-13. Ws-19 also about same size but more powerful.
Different leagues, WS-10 is in the league of F-16/SU-XX/F-15 Engine while RD-93, WS13, WS19, M88, EJ200

Back
Top Bottom