What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Many people have got used to believing that we should exactly do what USAF/USN have done, and missing what they really need.

"F-22 and F-35 don't have canards, so J-20 with canards is really bad"
"F-35B/C are mediumweight fighters, so carriers don't need heavyweight fighters any more"

When USN gets heavyweight fighters again, that would be funny.:woot:
My Chrome just crashed, this is a screenshot before it crashed. Otherwise I have to type again.
full

That “ALWAYS” you mentioned started with J-15 itself, so not much to support your statement some PLANAF is not something quite old enough yet.
But then, who knows, i am not disagreeing with you though
China build Type-15 light tank and is operational and guess what..

https://www.armyrecognition.com/sep...or_mobile_protected_firepower_of_us_army.html

China build a 055 destroyer more powerful than Alreigh Burke class destroyer but different from USN Zumalt class. Guess what?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw3Si0N9lA-ZWTrHI0BVzW9Y&cshid=1583839189462

China successful deploy YJ-18 supersonic anti-ship missile and DF-17 hypersonic missile and guess what?

https://news.usni.org/2020/03/06/report-on-u-s-hypersonic-weapon-development

My Chrome just crashed, this is a screenshot before it crashed. Otherwise I have to type again.
full
If you prefer to consider how to protect the carriers themselves, why should PLAN need to have carriers? And land-based fighters would be enough to PLAN.

If you prefer to consider how to protect the carriers themselves, why should PLAN need to have carriers? And land-based fighters would be enough to PLAN.
carrier is for power projection. I have concerns about how to protect the carrier, same reason. be rational guys.

carrier is for power projection. I have concerns about how to protect the carrier, same reason. be rational guys.

055 and 052D??

Are they build to 24hrs rd the clock to protect the CV from air defense , surface threat and underwater?

full
AWACS detect 4th generation jet(with weapon) in 300-400 km. AWACS detect jet in 70-150 km, depends on angle of the jet.

Unlike land base radar network, naval radar network is very limited. In stealthy era, AWACS detection range is not enough at all. Carrier air defense heavily depends on jet patrolling, much more than 4th generation era. This is huge difference.

What is even worse, you need 2 jets patrolling in every directions, so that 2 jet's electro-optical system manage a mini network for angle/distance measurement.

In 4th generation era, AWACS is deployed forward. So that threat can be mitigated. In 5th generation era, it's not.

In 4th generation era, one jet can cover 1-2 directions. In 5th generation era, you need 500 km air defense, 2 jets can cover 1 direction only.

In 2000s, AAM is about 50-75km. Now it's 160 km. Future it will be longer and longer.

The stress of carrier air defense is much heavier than before. You need at least 2-3 times jets for CAP only, and CAP is 24*7.

Once you get into the details of real operation, you will know what China carrier need.

AWACS detect 4th generation jet(with weapon) in 300-400 km. AWACS detect jet in 70-150 km, depends on angle of the jet.

Unlike land base radar network, naval radar network is very limited. In stealthy era, AWACS detection range is not enough at all. Carrier air defense heavily depends on jet patrolling, much more than 4th generation era. This is huge difference.

What is even worse, you need 2 jets patrolling in every directions, so that 2 jet's electro-optical system manage a mini network for angle/distance measurement.

In 4th generation era, AWACS is deployed forward. So that threat can be mitigated. In 5th generation era, it's not.

In 4th generation era, one jet can cover 1-2 directions. In 5th generation era, you need 500 km air defense, 2 jets can cover 1 direction only.

In 2000s, AAM is about 50-75km. Now it's 160 km. Future it will be longer and longer.

The stress of carrier air defense is much heavier than before. You need at least 2-3 times jets for CAP only, and CAP is 24*7.

Once you get into the details of real operation, you will know what China carrier need.

Modern carrier fleet dont need aircraft to do round the patrol to protect it. They only take off when radar or AWACS sighted threat. Its no more WWII or Battle of Midway when Zero fighter need to stay in the air to provide air cover. I think you misunderstood the whole concept.

Most jet onboard carrier are used for offensive mission against surface and ground targets. Unless un ID target or threat approached.

055 and 052D??

Are they build to 24hrs rd the clock to protect the CV from air defense , surface threat and underwater?
carrier is the most efficient tool for power project so far. destroyer main job is still defense.

Modern carrier fleet dont need aircraft to do round the patrol to protect it. They only take off when radar or AWACS sighted threat. Its no more WWII or Battle of Midway when Zero fighter need to stay in the air to provide air cover. I think you misunderstood the whole concept.

Most jet onboard carrier are used for offensive mission against surface and ground targets.
Pardon me, do you have real military experience? I say what I knew. My major is 指挥自动化。

Pardon me, do you have real military experience? I say what I knew.

You are confusing yourself. Modern carrier fleet has no aircraft or fighter jet doing air patrol. Only AWACS carried out that task. That is what USN been doing all this while. They only take off to ID unidentify target or deal with threat. F-18 hornet or F-35 dont do 24hrs air patrol. I dont know what u are talking about...

You are confusing yourself. Modern carrier fleet has no aircraft or fighter jet doing air patrol. Only AWACS carried out that task. That is what USN been doing all this while. They only take off to ID unidentify target or deal with threat. F-18 hornet or F-35 dont do 24hrs air patrol. I dont know what u are talking about...
Not in 5th generation era. Time changed.

PLAN should choose J-10 instead of J-15 from the beginning.:cheesy:

PLAN should choose J-10 instead of J-15 from the beginning.:cheesy:
J15 is base on T-10K-3 in 2001, where is J-10 back then? J-10 and J-15 are two parallel projects. You should know PLAAF has not much confidence on J-10 until 1998. The investment on J-10 project is not much before 1999.

More importantly, 2 projects rely on J-10 team only is risky. Also politics play a role, you can't ingore Shenyang Aircraft Corporation and the 601 Institute, they need budget.

J15 is base on T-10K-3 in 2001, where is J-10 back then? J-10 and J-15 are two parallel projects. You should know PLAAF has not much confidence on J-10 until 1998. The investment on J-10 project is not much before 1999.

More importantly, 2 projects rely on J-10 team only is risky. Also politics play a role, you can't ingore Shenyang Aircraft Corporation and the 601 Institute, they need budget.
1. It doesn't contradict what I said.

2. What you think would be a good choice for bullying the weak, but meaningless to against USA.

3. China has developed ASBM, and USA also updates its long range AShMs. So, heavyweight fighters have been becoming more and more important.

4. I won't be surprised if PLAN develops two different 5th-generation carrier-based fighters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom