What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

1. It doesn't contradict what I said.

2. What you think would be a good choice for bullying the weak, but meaningless to USA.

3. China has developed ASBM, and USA also updates its long range AShMs. So, heavyweight fighters has been becoming more and more important.

4. I won't be surprised if PLAN develops two different 5th-generation carrier-based fighters.
What's the benefit of heavy jet, long range? No, J-20 range will not be significant longer than J-35. Not long enough to compensate the disadvantage regarding carrier jet.

When we talk about confrontation with USA, long range bomber is the key for 21th century naval battle. Carrier is not as important as before. Carrier is more and more vulnerable anyway.

China build Type-15 light tank and is operational and guess what..

https://www.armyrecognition.com/sep...or_mobile_protected_firepower_of_us_army.html

China build a 055 destroyer more powerful than Alreigh Burke class destroyer but different from USN Zumalt class. Guess what?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw3Si0N9lA-ZWTrHI0BVzW9Y&cshid=1583839189462

China successful deploy YJ-18 supersonic anti-ship missile and DF-17 hypersonic missile and guess what?

https://news.usni.org/2020/03/06/report-on-u-s-hypersonic-weapon-development
Bro,

You seriously need to rework your comprehension skills, lately, i have witnessed you getting into silly arguments and fights just because of misunderstanding the other party.

LKJ86 mentioned “PLAN loves Heavies and J-15 is an example, We might eventually see a fifth gen heavy as per their choice”

But, i just countered this with the fact that J-15 is the only heavy jet PLANAF ever had are J-15 for carriers and J-11 for Coastal bases. Apart from that, they also operate some J-10 and J-7, nothing more, so I don’t yet see the fact that PLAN “LOVES HEAVIES” since the currently inventory is already a mix of Heavy Medium and Light although heavies are in more numbers.

I also didn’t reject his idea that PLANAF seeks a Heavy Fifth Gen fighter (could be a J-20 Carrier borne derivative) since that has been rumored for quite some years now and CAC doesn’t disappoint its customers. But SAC has put a lot of hardwork into FC-31 and if AVIC assists them, they might launch something in the medium class that has far more advantages collectively than a heavy carrier borne fighter (such as accommodating space, Weight, Take Off length, Engine Capabilities, EW)

So kindly give a second and a third read before getting into arguments, i am advising you because i am a cool guy unlike many...

Since the end of WW II, the list of those who said that then crashed and burned grows long...I hope the PLA leadership thinks like you do.
Those who rely on experience will fail. Everything has changed, US Navy knew it, China expert knew it. Time will prove who is right.

3 most important factors: hyper-sonic weapon, stealthy bomber, satellite constellation.

Anyway, it's off topic, I stop here.

Those who rely on experience will fail.
THIS is an epic fail.

Experience is the foundation of change. Without experience, one would not know what works and what does not. The combination of one's own experience and the experience of others is the best foundation for evolution.

What a moronic statement. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LKJ86 mentioned “PLAN loves Heavies and J-15 is an example, We might eventually see a fifth gen heavy as per their choice”

But, i just countered this with the fact that J-15 is the only heavy jet PLANAF ever had are J-15 for carriers and J-11 for Coastal bases. Apart from that, they also operate some J-10 and J-7, nothing more, so I don’t yet see the fact that PLAN “LOVES HEAVIES” since the currently inventory is already a mix of Heavy Medium and Light although heavies are in more numbers.
Do you know that JH-7 (close to 30 tons) is developed by PLAN independently?

Do you know how many J-10AH/J-10SH PLAN just has? Only about 24, while the whole number of J-10 is over 500 already.

And the backbone of PLAN is JH-7, JH-7A, J-11BH, J-11BSH, J-15, and Su-30MKK2.

Last edited:
What's the benefit of heavy jet, long range? No, J-20 range will not be significant longer than J-35. Not long enough to compensate the disadvantage regarding carrier jet.

When we talk about confrontation with USA, long range bomber is the key for 21th century naval battle. Carrier is not as important as before. Carrier is more and more vulnerable anyway.

Long range bomber is vulnerable especially not having stealth and speed could be easily taken out by enemy fighters. Best alternative would be large stealth fighter bomber that has long range, AESA frontal & rearward facing radar for attacking rear targets since it can't dogfight. Soviet Union once had the largest fighter Tu28/128 Fiddler over 90ft long. The new China stealth bomber could be made into heavy fighter bomber instead being able to reach Guam and pacific to engage US naval fleet and fighters. If it could carry dozens of long range PL15, it shouldn't be problem to take out dozens of F-18E/F.

Carrier is vital for fleet defense and long range operation as SAMs alone can't defend the fleet from cruise missiles and enemy fighters. Even US cruisers had problem taking out Iranian F-4E during gulf war where the numbers of SM2MR missiles launched at the F4s were spoofed and failed to hit. Fighters are needed to engage enemy fighters and bombers before they get into anti-ship missile effective range without requiring aircraft radar inertial guidance.

J31 is required for PLAN in fleet defense and offensive operations. It would be better if J35 being enlarged to have larger fuel tank and powered by more powerful WS10B engined instead.

Long range bomber is vulnerable especially not having stealth and speed could be easily taken out by enemy fighters. Best alternative would be large stealth fighter bomber that has long range, AESA frontal & rearward facing radar for attacking rear targets since it can't dogfight. Soviet Union once had the largest fighter Tu28/128 Fiddler over 90ft long. The new China stealth bomber could be made into heavy fighter bomber instead being able to reach Guam and pacific to engage US naval fleet and fighters. If it could carry dozens of long range PL15, it shouldn't be problem to take out dozens of F-18E/F.

Carrier is vital for fleet defense and long range operation as SAMs alone can't defend the fleet from cruise missiles and enemy fighters. Even US cruisers had problem taking out Iranian F-4E during gulf war where the numbers of SM2MR missiles launched at the F4s were spoofed and failed to hit. Fighters are needed to engage enemy fighters and bombers before they get into anti-ship missile effective range without requiring aircraft radar inertial guidance.

J31 is required for PLAN in fleet defense and offensive operations. It would be better if J35 being enlarged to have larger fuel tank and powered by more powerful WS10B engined instead.
Nowadays, no one will design a unstealthy long range bomber.

Nowadays, no one will design a unstealthy long range bomber.

Yes, the new bomber plan will involve maneuverability, stealth and speed with ability to perform air to air combat for self defense taking out enemy fighters. Large bomber that is maneuverable now is the B1 believed to be capable of pulling up to 5G when others could only do 3G.

No ... why then developing the WS-19?

WS19 for fuel economy J31. Ws10 for j35?

If so, it can't get any orders from PLAAF, just like F-14 to USAF.

J31 for PLAAF medium size stealth fighter. J35 for navy large fighter equivalent to F14 meant for fleet defense and high speed interceptor. J31 navalized version for PLAN for less payload interdiction mission direct challenger to F35.

WS19 for fuel economy J31. Ws10 for j35?

J31 for PLAAF medium size stealth fighter. J35 for navy large fighter equivalent to F14 meant for fleet defense and high speed interceptor. J31 navalized version for PLAN for less payload interdiction mission direct challenger to F35.
No one can give you a close speculative answer unless time tells us the fate of FC-31 and it’s relation with J-35 project.

Back
Top Bottom