What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

One renowned Chinese military news personage, Yankee, has got new information about the wind-tunnel model for next-gen carrier based fighter. The model keeps undergoing tests even after the first prototype was built.

I think that is just another rumor, coz Yankee has not update any information about it.

Meaning that the design is not frozen yet and the prototype will have to be rebuilt?

One renowned Chinese military news personage, Yankee, has got new information about the wind-tunnel model for next-gen carrier based fighter. The model keeps undergoing tests even after the first prototype was built.

I think that is just another rumor, coz Yankee has not update any information about it.

Thanks a lot, but as @Akasa noted, I'm surprised, why "wind-tunnel model testing should continue even after the first prototype was built" ... and WAS built means, it is already finished?

Thanks a lot, but as @Akasa noted, I'm surprised, why "wind-tunnel model testing should continue even after the first prototype was built" ... and WAS built means, it is already finished?

I can actually speak Chinese, so I can provide some more details.

1. The first post from this guy said that a particular "carrier-based aircraft from a Northern institute" (i.e. 601) is about to appear very soon.

2. The second post said that even if the prototype is built, the wind tunnel model will continue testing. OP also mentions that earlier estimates of the J-XY's progress has been underestimated because they were solely going off the wind tunnel test reports.

My guess is if J-35 does exists, it would be a massive re-design of FC-31 with emphasis at reducing cross section area as much as humanly possible and improved area ruling.

Part of the effort of reducing cross section would be to shrink the main missile bay (from 6 bvr reduced to 4, folded wing missile), and maybe add side bay for ir missile.

If I turned out to be right you guys can worship me later.

My guess is if J-35 does exists, it would be a massive re-design of FC-31 with emphasis at reducing cross section area as much as humanly possible and improved area ruling.

Part of the effort of reducing cross section would be to shrink the main missile bay (from 6 bvr reduced to 4, folded wing missile), and maybe add side bay for ir missile.

If I turned out to be right you guys can worship me later.

you may get worshipped if china buys the j-35.. otherwise it is a dead duck ..

you may get worshipped if china buys the j-35.. otherwise it is a dead duck ..

The navy has to pick one anyway, be it a navalized J-20, FC-31 or a brand new design. My money is on FC-31 evolution. Anyway they must have already made the choice a while back, won't be too long until it is known to all.

0078BlVUgy1gco1y37yobj30jj09rtct.jpg

Via @某某某某6688 from Weibo

Back
Top Bottom