What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

YAK-141 technology should be available to China if China is developing a STVL jet fighter. After all, Russia had sold the technology to USA for development of F-35B STVL engine.

STVL = Short Takeoff Vertical Landing.

A nice CG - esp. the Type 075 - but IMO a pure fan-art or what-if.

To redesign the FC-31 with one STOVL-engine and turn it into STOVL-fighter is making de facto a new fighter ... which IMO is more likely.

Deino

PS: There's an interesting post at the SDF adding some interesting hints thru the commentary provided by Angadow...

Angadow: if this happened in the last few days, it's probably because a potential client was evaluating it
Someone: navy?
Angadow: PLAN has already finished with their evaluations!

So, who could be this potential client if it is not the PLAN?
Pakistan, Saudis?

By the way, wasn't there a report that NA decided to make a fly-off between both naval contenders?

Deino

DYY9YSYU8AEcDia.jpg

Any idea who might've been evaluating the FC-31 during its recent test flight? It resumed test flights after a two-month-long break.

View attachment 459576

Any idea who might've been evaluating the FC-31 during its recent test flight? It resumed test flights after a two-month-long break.
I think the biggest problem of FC-31 accepted by buyer is the lack of side weapon bay for WVR. They want a F-22 style rather than following F-35.

Flying 2 different versions simultaneously for client evaluation is nonsense. Also not very few people noticed the energy bleeding problem from the video. It appears that the v2 aircraft ignited the after burners during the turn for quite a while, and the turn is not a tight turn at all.

I am always amazed by the energy sustainability of J-20. Obviously FC-31 is far behind J-20 and the video clip looks to be a clear evidence.

Last edited:
I must say i find the airframe of FC-31 more appealing than the J-20....all it needs is a decent powerplant...once found it can give the J-20 a run for its money

May be....but you have to agree with me on this....the J-20 would be an overkill for the PAF....its beyond its requirements....FC-31 perfectly fits the bill for the PAF...
It depends on how much the customers and Chinese navy willing to invest in Fc31 development.
With enough money poured in, it can give very good performance.

Hit and run is the game rule of the 5th gen fighters, means stealthy and super cruise are the most important things.

Let's see what WS19 engine can bring us.

The stealthy feature of FC31 V2 (especially the front part) is top class.

Another problem is policy restraint, how many J20's tech can be adopted on FC31?

It depends on how much the customers and Chinese navy willing to invest in Fc31 development.
With enough money poured in, it can give very good performance.

Hit and run is the game rule of the 5th gen fighters, means stealthy and super cruise are the most important things.

Let's see what WS19 engine can bring us.

The stealthy feature of FC31 V2 (especially the front part) is top class.

Another problem is policy restraint, how many J20's tech can be adopted on FC31?
Two very valid points in your reply....I for one have been a proponent of using the WS-19 on the FC-31...its the best bet that we have on the table right now...and for the second part transfer of J-20 tech should not be a problem if the launch customer is Pakistan considering the relationship that we share with each other....

so which has bigger power, 1 WS-10 or 2 WS-13? And which is bigger, J-10 or FC-31?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom