What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Since 1.0 has gone through static test, and the changes is mainly on the canted tail, is it necessary for second round of static tests?

So, may be fuselage and landing gear have been strengthened for aircraft carrier operation? The continuation of project may come from interest by PLAN for successor of J15, I guessed.

The first FC-31 is only a technology demonstrator, but the so-called 2.0 is a highly developed aircraft with all capabilities fully installed and operational. 2.0 poccesses newly-designed wings, stabilizers and bays, and is nearly half a meter longer than 1.0, that as well means a large difference in the structure.

The first FC-31 is only a technology demonstrator, but the so-called 2.0 is a highly developed aircraft with all capabilities fully installed and operational. 2.0 poccesses newly-designed wings, stabilizers and bays, and is nearly half a meter longer than 1.0, that as well means a large difference in the structure.

I just did some research on the first demonstrator-prototype and its own timeline …

Following the most reliable reports I found it was transported out of SAC on the 19th June 2012 and was spotted at Tianjin on the 21st via the Beijing-Harbin Expressway … later on it was chased – sported again on 23. & 24. June – up to the AVIC 623rd Institute at Xi'an, where it reportedly arrived on Monday 25. June 2012.

The first images of the true flying prototype ‘31001’ appeared in the net on 15. September 2012 and maiden flight occurred on 31. October 2012.

Let’s see what will happen next !

Deino

That is very interesting, can't wait for the actual photo to show up. With all these changes 2.0 is a very different bird from 1.0.

New home grown engine test . WS31E

600x450_AAM8O8VS5MC30001.JPG

600x450_AAM8O9O55MC30001.JPG

Wasn't this from Zhuhai?

Agreed, that was indeed from Zhuhai ... but sadly and almost typically for so many news agencies, not to check their images to the reports.

I like the part 'nearly half a meter longer' best :D

I just did some research on the first demonstrator-prototype and its own timeline …

Following the most reliable reports I found it was transported out of SAC on the 19th June 2012 and was spotted at Tianjin on the 21st via the Beijing-Harbin Expressway … later on it was chased – sported again on 23. & 24. June – up to the AVIC 623rd Institute at Xi'an, where it reportedly arrived on Monday 25. June 2012.

The first images of the true flying prototype ‘31001’ appeared in the net on 15. September 2012 and maiden flight occurred on 31. October 2012.

Let’s see what will happen next !

Deino

Just change '2012' to '2016' and you will get some idea about the future :-)

Any idea when it will debut?

Agreed, that was indeed from Zhuhai ... but sadly and almost typically for so many news agencies, not to check their images to the reports.
So, do you think reporting about home grown engine is correct ? .

So, do you think reporting about home grown engine is correct ? .
Yes, WS-13E has taken it first real flight on 01/07/2016 and everything goes well. China on request of PAF produced a engine with competitive thrust (estimate more than 9000kg-9600kg thrust) and lifespan. Not to mention rid of the smoky trail.

Back
Top Bottom