What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

212213uplgmgcogzttlgot.jpg

Hopefully the second and improved prototype will make its appearance soon.

there is no info about 2nd prototype, neither about testing of 31001 . so pace is slow as compared to govt backed J20

Hopefully the second and improved prototype will make its appearance soon.
Is there any sort of timeline expected? Because the second prototype is going to open the flood gate for future prototypes.

Is there any sort of timeline expected? Because the second prototype is going to open the flood gate for future prototypes.

According to "insiders", the first flight is expected within 2015; it was rumored that the original plan was to have it fly at the 2014 airshow but delays got the better of it.

According to "insiders", the first flight is expected within 2015; it was rumored that the original plan was to have it fly at the 2014 airshow but delays got the better of it.
Delays are expected. The biggest thing I've learned by going into the tech field is that, the bigger the project, the higher chance of delays or outright failure. I doubt it will fail, but a project this big, delays are expected.

Regardless, I can't wait to see the second prototype! It should be a huge improvement on the current version.

Delays are expected. The biggest thing I've learned by going into the tech field is that, the bigger the project, the higher chance of delays or outright failure. I doubt it will fail, but a project this big, delays are expected.

Yes, but it would be better if people adopted Thomas Edison's mindset: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work". Granted, the limited budget involved with the private FC-31 project is a pain as well.

Regardless, I can't wait to see the second prototype! It should be a huge improvement on the current version.

There was a model; from what can be deduced from it, the version should feature a single piece canopy, F-35-style vertical stabilizers, cropped wings, EOTS, and possibly new engines.

Yes, but it would be better if people adopted Thomas Edison's mindset: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work". Granted, the limited budget involved with the private FC-31 project is a pain as well.

There was a model; from what can be deduced from it, the version should feature a single piece canopy, F-35-style vertical stabilizers, cropped wings, EOTS, and possibly new engines.
The engines are the biggest concern, if this (and the j-20) is to be a successful project. Can't help your most technologically advanced fighter be reliant on a foreign supplier, can we?

Back
Top Bottom