What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Would love to see a single engine version of the fc31, something like a fc1/j17 size. Imagine a small stealthy j17 that has the nose, wings and canted tail of the fc31 powered by the new ws13.

It would cost a great deal less then even the fc31 and a fraction of the price of a f35, it would be ideal for countries like Bangladesh that dont need long range fighters but smaller point defence fighters but still incorporate much of the advanced features of modern 5th gen fighters.

If it could be done for a flyaway price point of around $35m....:yahoo:

Where are you going to put the weapons bay?

6062e483gw1em66vtqo0zj218g2tjnmn.jpg

What would be the load like in lets say A2A config? - There seems to be no side bays.

I assume that short-range missiles for self defence will be mounted on wing-pylons (at expense to RCS). J-31 is a multi-role fighter. I don't think that WVR knife fights are a priority.

I assume that short-range missiles for self defence will be mounted on wing-pylons (at expense to RCS). J-31 is a multi-role fighter. I don't think that WVR knife fights are a priority.

Maybe enclosed pods shall do the trick?

Maybe enclosed pods shall do the trick?

Sure, you can do that, but my understanding is that the main advantage of having stealth fighters is to avoid getting into short-ranged knife fights in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom