What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

Your country is famous for making absolute crap. You're world famous for that, you should be proud.

There are a lot things made in India as well, like the name of your country and culture for one :azn:

What is your country famous for on the international media?

Oh yes, "rape capital" and "open defecation capital". Not my words, that's from the international media.

And still Indians buy so much Chinese products that they are in a huge deficit to us. :P

Last edited:
Many reports state that it will be ready in 2 to 3 years, which means that by 2018 to 2020 Pakistan can get its first squadrons of the J-31, the likelihood of Pakistan inducting them is quite big, since it has decided to skip the J-20s all together to wait for this stealth plane.
While I consider a 100 of these jets to constitute a good detterent, what is your take on this?
Firstly, what is the flyaway cost? Add to that the life cycle costs and it would cost a bomb.

Considering your suggestion of buying 100 off the shelf, it would put you down by at least $6 billion at about $60 million a pop at discounted rates that China usually gives to Pakistan! It'll probably cost more. Add to that the life cycle costs and it would add up to at least $10-15 billion at today's rates! That's a lot of dosh.

Secondly, it would be overambitious to presume that the J-31 would be fully operational within 2-3 years. It would take at least 5 years more after which the PLAF would have first priority for induction. That would take another 4 to 5 years before they have sufficient quantity for export.

So, it comes about that it would be at least 10 years before China can commence exports to Pakistan, or not before 2025! And by then add inflationary costs and the package would probably double to a whopping $20-25 billion!

Or am I missing something here?

What is your country famous for on the international media?

Oh yes, "rape capital" and "open defecation capital". Not my words.

And still Indians buy so much Chinese products that they are in a huge deficit to us. :P

The topic was military equipment and how China is known for producing crap. But if you wanna know what else you're known for such as "eating fetesus" and "dogs, cats, lizards, trash, and God knows that else" I'd be happy to post some links :lol:

The topic was military equipment and how China is known for producing crap. But if you wanna know what else you're known for such as "eating fetesus" and "dogs, cats, lizards, trash, and God knows that else" I'd be happy to post some links :lol:

LOL you mean the disproven urban legend? Try asking for that in a restaurant in China, and you'll be arrested. :lol:

The topic is about the J-31, China's new generation stealth fighter. And Pakistan wanting to buy it. Not crap like the LCA, which even the IAF doesn't want. :P

Chinese airforce bought J-7s, a 50-year old Mig21 copy well into the years leading upto 2003-5 but does that make a Chinese Mig-21 it any superior to Su-27s which China first received in 1992?????

Chinese armed forces are known to buy indigenous Chinese crap like Chinese copies of ancient 50-year old Soviet aircraft like AN-12, An-26, Mig-21 (J-7), Mig-23 J-8II to sanitize the image of Chinese weapons but buyer countries are not fooled by this hideous treachery. With an economy 5 times greater than Russia since at least 2000, they even could not come up with their own equal performance missile and copied Brahmos/Russian Onyks missile after TWO DECADES in 2014.

In 2006, they found Il-76 not "up to Chinese requirements" and "too expensive" but had no problem buying crappy and much less efficient Y8/Y12 and they want other countries to buy crappy Chinese goods at higher prices so that the Chinese nation can sustain itself.

The Chinese believe they are entitled to higher prices for their commodities no matter what they produce.

The aircraft is in testing phase, and everyone are talking of buying J31 and comparing it with F35 . I mean guys, the aircraft doesnt have the 5th gen engine, which the F22 and F35 has, along with the combination of electronics in both birds..
The Russians are working on the 5th gen engine to be outfitted on Pakfa , and thats why it takes some time.. And I guess, until such time Russians dont succeed in it, the Chinese would be forced to use 4th gen engine on its 5th gen fighters. (If you know what I mean :P )
J31 is a good platform, its going to be a decent 5th gen fighter. But comparing with F35 is a joke (for now)

The aircraft is in testing phase, and everyone are talking of buying J31 and comparing it with F35 . I mean guys, the aircraft doesnt have the 5th gen engine, which the F22 and F35 has, along with the combination of electronics in both birds..
The Russians are working on the 5th gen engine to be outfitted on Pakfa , and thats why it takes some time.. And I guess, until such time Russians dont succeed in it, the Chinese would be forced to use 4th gen engine on its 5th gen fighters. (If you know what I mean :P )
J31 is a good platform, its going to be a decent 5th gen fighter. But comparing with F35 is a joke (for now)
most reasonable post by an indian, for electronic wise J-20 and J-31 is far far behind from F-22/F-35 but for the engine wait some more year i think it will be reaveld in 2016 or17 we might see LOAN type nozzle just like F-22 have,
as for your information in the starting of a ATF program sevral design presented to pentagon just like J-20/J-31, i mean today J-20/J-31 have a frontal stealth and less on a rear

Your country is famous for making absolute crap. You're world famous for that, you should be proud.

There are a lot things made in India as well, like the name of your country and culture for one :azn:
Yet people can't live without china......even your own prime minister dieting to improve trade...what a hypocrite.

Indians do not eat meat curry which contains private parts of animals filled with sperms or intestines which are not properly washed and are still filed with goat or cow excreta which are very much appreciated in Pakistani kebab and curry dishes. Intestines filled with excreta are not a part of Indian curry dishes unlike some very popular Pakistani dishes and no amount of cleaning or washing will remove the complete presence or smell of excreta from the intestines and we know how some Pakistanis wash their meat.

Going to a rat temple is far more preferable than seeing happily while sitting near an animal and see it being slaughtered and praying and thanking God when an innocent animal is being slaughtered.
What a bunch of lies....should I start naming restaurants in India where your fellow countrymen come and eat same meat belongings to animals filled with sperms and intestines...and talking about sperms after having a population of 1300 millions, don't look good.

Except F-22/J-20/T-50/F-35, I don't think there are other aircrafts could be superior to J-31.

Just face the truth, J-31 is a real 5th gen aircraft which is now demonstrating its F-22-ish supermaneuverability for the Zhuhai airshow.

The countries like Japan and Korea are still making their so-called 5th gen aircraft on the paper, but nobody is bashing these flightless toys, so why J-31 is getting such unfair treatment?

I had came across an article says that China is not Willing to sell J-20 to even Pakistan which is superior than J-31? Could you tell us what is the reason behind this or the article was just BS??

This is how things are done when tech or production of a component is out of reach at the moment. Granted that engines are the most important component but waiting for it to be done till you start on other things seems like a waste of time. You can believe me that they are working on those engines you speak of. They will be happy and proud of even flying a 3rd generation plane with the potential of becoming a 5th generation one rather than waiting on having everything at once. The amount of research and knowledge they have gained by jumping into and flying this project is immense. The Russians are doing the same thing. This is what should have been done with the LCA as well.

every tech needs time to evaluate .. even F-35 and F-22 are unproven platforms ... let the time pass, but at least china has taken fine steps towards modernizing their fleet with J-10's J-11's , J-15's , J-31's and J-20 ... they are learning and learning fast about Electronics and Engines , its just matter of time they will be in market like Russians , WEst and US ... every tree is just a plant in the beginning :D

Back
Top Bottom