What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

Indeed, however we are already too worked up on JF-17, its already facing too many delays, Ive waited the whole year for Block 2 and im still waiting and look at you guys, the maiden flight of J-31 an amazing 5th Gen Jet was held in 2012 and look at this platform now, its maturing in a very fast pace, with regards to pace you guy did surpass F-35 which already took like 7-8 years for testing. what im trying to say is that you guys have an abundance of funds while we drastically lack in that aspect.as much as id love to see the J-31 in Pakistani colors it'll take a lot of time to induct it.we first have to fulfill our need of 250 thunders which is gonna take a lot of time if this pace goes on,lets hope our economy improves and somehow the pace increases and then we might see this beauty in our Air force.you every cooperation is deeply appreciated here in Pakistan.:cheers:

when the economic corridor is completed, I hope it will boost Pakistan economy and make it prosper. Once secure all the fund you need for the defense, you will have no problem to procure the J-31, and I'm eager to see J-31 with Pakistan's flag too

pakistan-air-force-paf-stealth-fighter-f-60-j-21.jpg

Last edited:
i swear it actually happened. maybe it has yet to happen to a PAF official

SU30 grounding is a safety precaution. i think investigations are still ongoing

lets keep the fingers crossed then,
safety precautions do get a hold when a jet crashes for unknown reasons.

311.png

312.png

New Chinese 5th Generation Fighter Jet--J31 Performs More Flight Tests

The J-31 continues flight testing at a Shenyang Aircraft Corporation research facility in northern China. As China's second fifth generation fighter, the J-31 makes China the second nation in the world, after the United States, to have flown two fifth generation fighters. With a length of about 17 meters and an 11.5m wingspan, the J-31 is about the size of the F-35 Lightning II and smaller than the F-22, J-20 and PAK-FA. A large model of the J-31, designated as "F-60", appeared at the Zhuhai 2012 Airshow, indicating a Chinese willingness to export the J-31 as a international competitor to the F-35. Once it enters service, the J-31 is likely to be serve alongside less numerous J-20s as part of a "high/low" combination, similar to the F-35/F-22 mix in the US Air Force. The J-31 is also likely to serve aboard future Chinese aircraft carriers, greatly enhancing their capabilities. Pakistan is likely to be the first export customer for the J-31, as Islamabad hopes to counter the Indian purchase of Russian FGFA stealth fighters.

The J-31 "Gyrfalcon" stealth fighter reportedly uses technology from the J-19, Shenyang's failed bid for the Chinese heavy 5th generation fighter (which the Chengdu J-20 won). The J-31 has conducted at least six test flights in Shenyang since fall 2012 and a second prototype is under assembly. Compared to censorship of some J-20 photos, there is less secrecy about the J-31's development.

To save weight, the J-31 uses an immense number of of 3D laser printed components, including titanium wing spars. Compared to the F-35, the J-31 uses two smaller Russian RD-33 engines instead of a larger engine like the AL-31 or WS-10. This gives the J-31 a flatter fuselage than the F-35; which suggests a more pronounced air superiority focus for the J-31, since a flatter fuselage results in a smaller weapons bay but improves fuel efficiency and speed by decreasing drag. It is likely that the J-31 could carry larger missiles like the YJ-12 anti-ship missile under its wings, but like with the F-35, at the cost of stealth. Vladimir Barkovsky, chief of the Russian MiG aircraft design bureau, has praised the J-31 as a "well done indigenous design" and "good machine" resulting from China's ambitious aviation industry.

New Chinese 5th Generation Fighter Jet--J31 Performs More Flight Tests | Popular Science

Many reports state that it will be ready in 2 to 3 years, which means that by 2018 to 2020 Pakistan can get its first squadrons of the J-31, the likelihood of Pakistan inducting them is quite big, since it has decided to skip the J-20s all together to wait for this stealth plane.
While I consider a 100 of these jets to constitute a good detterent, what is your take on this?
Even if they acquired it which I don't see it in coming it before 2025 or beyond in PAF which too in limited numbers because of the PAF budget constraints.Paf current budget is not more than 3 billion which peanut in comparison of modern Airforces like SA or turkey I don't think CCP will sell there prime technology so easily without proper cash.but I believe PAF will acquire it in future but not before 2025.well it just my opnion other members may have different view points that mine.

when the economic corridor is completed, I hope it will boost Pakistan economy and make it prosper. Once secure all the fund you need for the defense, you will have no problem to procure the J-31, and I'm eager to see J-31 with Pakistan's flag too

pakistan-air-force-stealth-aircraft-f-60-j-21-j-18.jpg

true. couldnt agree with you more, However it takes huge sincere efforts to replenish the economy and it'll take time but lets hope that does happen cuz its gonna be a pretty sight our defense budget is quite big for a country with such an economy.as soon as the economy prospers it'll have positive effect on the defense budget as well.

oh the picture you attached is a joy to watch, J-31 is going to drastically neutralize the upper hand of Indians when it comes to capable aircrafts.it'll balance the odds

I had came across an article in none other than Chinese media terming J 31 as a very bad plane.

Even if they acquired it which I don't see it in coming it before 2025 or beyond in PAF which too in limited numbers because of the PAF budget constraints.Paf current budget is not more than 3 billion which peanut in comparison of modern Airforces like SA or turkey I don't think CCP will sell there prime technology so easily without proper cash.but I believe PAF will acquire it in future but not before 2025.well it just my opnion other members may have different view points that mine.

since you put it that way, we respect your opinion. however I personally think we might get it around 2022,
this platform is maturing drastically.once its up for export and mass production, the cost might decrease a bit.
yet what you said is quite correct to some extent.

I had came across an article in none other than Chinese media terming J 31 as a very bad plane.
please do share it here,
btw evolving platforms often face many issues in preliminary stages.

Except F-22/J-20/T-50/F-35, I don't think there are other aircrafts could be superior to J-31.

Just face the truth, J-31 is a real 5th gen aircraft which is now demonstrating its F-22-ish supermaneuverability for the Zhuhai airshow.

The countries like Japan and Korea are still making their so-called 5th gen aircraft on the paper, but nobody is bashing these flightless toys, so why J-31 is getting such unfair treatment?

We need to save up till 2020-2022 then acquire these jets in strong numbers.
This seems to be the idea. Keep the focus on JF17 future blocks, try bring it to a 4+ generation level with better avionic, EW suite, radars, engine, payload, essentially take it to a new level and do it all in-house keeping the foreign exchange spending to a minimum. A few used F-16 here and there and get to post 2020 scenario and go for the fifth generation planes. this is the reason that supposedly dropped FC20 from PAF procurement list. Lets hope our economy is in comparatively better shape by that time.

This seems to be the idea. Keep the focus on JF17 future blocks, try bring it to a 4+ generation level with better avionic, EW suite, radars, engine, payload, essentially take it to a new level and do it all in-house keeping the foreign exchange spending to a minimum. A few used F-16 here and there and get to post 2020 scenario and go for the fifth generation planes. this is the reason that supposedly dropped FC20 from PAF procurement list. Lets hope our economy is in comparatively better shape by that time.

J-17 is to boost Pakistan's indigenous aerospace industry, so it is a bad idea to keep working on it before getting J-31.

Back
Top Bottom