What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

No one knows whats inside it at the moment.
0 analysis.

But it will be huge jump over jf-17 and even f-16,thats a given.
Its another matter how pakistan finances it though.
Another matter of fun here is PAF actually downgraded it's capabilities from premier western tech like F-16 to Chinese rip-offs as their primary combat aircraft it's a matter of pity.

I think at present PAF is having an idea of having 2 squadrons of fighters. ( 40+).

With generous soft loan and usage of domestic facilities on a deal based on mutual interest it can be done time bound.

Pakistan is not broke, they can afford it over a period of time with some help from China .

fund it via jf17 sales revenue.

No one knows whats inside it at the moment.
0 analysis.

But it will be huge jump over jf-17 and even f-16,thats a given.
Its another matter how pakistan finances it though.
First part is logical and good.
About second part. we will finance it with Indian Money.

Another matter of fun here is PAF actually downgraded it's capabilities from premier western tech like F-16 to Chinese rip-offs as their primary combat aircraft it's a matter of pity.

No...............f-16 block 40-52 is not that good in 2014 anymore.Plus its future development is nil with 0 possibility of aesa as usa will not allow it.

So jf-17 and j-31 are actually good options

I think at present PAF is having an idea of having 2 squadrons of fighters. ( 40+).

With generous soft loan and usage of domestic facilities on a deal based on mutual interest it can be done time bound.

Pakistan is not broke, they can afford it over a period of time with some help from China .

Depends if IMF allows them to spend so much when they have taken a loan from them.
Its like india trying to buy su-27/30 in 1991 financial crisis.Not a good time imho.

Also the main concern will be maintainance cost and of course the USA FACTOR with chances of aid significantly reducing.

But i do believe that as we will be getting pakfa and rafale,pakistan has a good case of getting j-31,they cannot be found sleeping here.

good for you then, no need to worry about our downgraded equipment, while you keep waiting for another 10 years for new upgrades to come before you even sign the deal.

Isn't FC31 downgraded version of China 5th gen aircraft? I mean considiring India will have advance western aircrafts while Pak will get downgraded version of 5th gen Chinese aircraft? :/

Unless China can make exception for Pakistan and provide same aircraft as they will use themselves.

Don t understand what type of stealth fighter with smoky engine.....Saw demo leave smoke trail .....its fuel or engine.....

The first time i heard about MRCA,i was a in 8th grade in 2007,i am now close to graduation and they have not even signed the deal yet.So it is india,it may even surpass the 2029 mark

Or maybe they dont have the cash for MRCA at all and bluffing everyone so they stay away from Pakistan. It doesn't take 8 years only to sign an agreement. Look at their other purchases, all those in acceptable within their range, they signed it within the time frame.

they also wanted to buy j10 .. what happened to that... they are basically loose mouth.

Hi,

J10 B 's are available---a sqdrn strength was available to us for immediate delivery---but then we got extra F16's from Jordan----and as more F 16 's become available---the need for the J 10 B will diminish.

Now as for the J 31----PAF will have to run a parallel program for acquiring this aircraft.

Don t understand what type of stealth fighter with smoky engine.....Saw demo leave smoke trail .....its fuel or engine.....

Smoky engine has nothing to do with stealth.
Its smoky as it uses rd-93 engine which like almost all rd series is smoky.

In USA, Gen. Asim Saleem Bajwa stated that Pak has no plan to buy FC-31

Not gonna happen within next 4-8 years...until the platform matures. And we have some sales going with JFT. Thus we wont have JFT development on our heads without revenue...more resources to spend on a third project. And a ready to buy and operate 5th gen platform available.

good news at all
TOT and Chinese engine will be better

No chinese engine won't be better than rd-93 at least for a while in lifespan.
RD-33/93 is rated at 4000 hours compared to estimate of 3000 hours that chinese members are giving for ws series.

Truth needs to be seen though.

Or maybe they dont have the cash for MRCA at all and bluffing everyone so they stay away from Pakistan. It doesn't take 8 years only to sign an agreement. Look at their other purchases, all those in acceptable within their range, they signed it within the time frame.

India has reserves>300billion.
The bone of contention is tot agreement and too many projects at the same time.

But rest assured winter is coming:butcher:

Back
Top Bottom