What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

“We have nearly confirmed orders from seven countries for JF-17,” Mr Hussain said.

“The PAF has a requirement of 250 aircraft, but now we have decided that we’ll sell some of the JF-17 Block-2 to international buyers besides fulfilling our local demand,” the minister said.

This is fantastic news. I hope all those seven countries buy it. A huge success for Pakistan and China.

Chinese officials claim that several countries have expressed interest in the aircraft believed to be comparable to US F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.

It's comparable to the US F-35 Joint Strike Fighter??? :woot: Now that was epic!! :rofl:

J31 is advance but it is a 4th Generation fighter where as J/F35 to whom which the people compare with is a 5th Generation fighter. J31 uses the same engine RD93 which is the same one which JF17 is using, but the good news is China is working on an improved variant named WS-13A with 100KN of thrust for J-31 & there are rumors that WS-13A will also be used by JF17.

So though the news is official which I am very happy to hear but it will take time for J31 to develop completely.

Mean while PAF needs to work on replacing dead mirages completely with J10B, with this move PAF will get a modern fighter jet.

RD93 is only a test engine of flying J-31 prototypes.

WS-13A (thrust/weight ratio=7.8)was developed for JF17, FC-1 as well as a UAV. A 4G engine of 9500kg class with thrust/weight ratio of 10 is under development, namely WS-17. The time frame of availability is 2015-2016 for WS-13A, and 2019-2020 for WS-17.

Mi-35
Mi-28
Z-10
T-129
J-31

We want to buy a lot of weapons but we don't have enough funds.

It is surprising that CAC has not offered any 5th gen Solution to PAF or PAF have not announced it as they may be evaluating it? PAF has very close working relationship with CAC since inception of JF-17 project and it is said in media that PAF continuously posted few of its staff on CAC, whereas PAF don't have much working relationship with SAC which is building J-31.
CAC has an export version of 5th gen solution and did not get money support from AVIC as FC-31
CF-4th-9ton.jpg

length:15.58m, wingspan: 9m, empty load 9 ton, engine is one WS-15
Since many Pakistan officers and engineers are working in CAC, I think they know about it but 。。。no money you can do nothing

Last edited:
why does pakistan always opt for the option the chinese have rejected. for example the JF-17 is a design the Chinese aren't interested in, pakistan picks it up and takes it same with other projects like Type-98 tank, mbt-3000, F-22 frigates and now the J-31. I think the J-10 has a way better design concept then the J-31, The J-31 seems more like a failed Chinese experiment.

CAC has an export version of 5th gen solution and did not get money support from AVIC as FC-31
View attachment 155361

length:15.58m, wingspan: 9m, empty load 9 ton, engine is one WS-15
Since many Pakistan officers and engineers are working in CAC, I think they know about it but 。。。no money you can do nothing
this may become JF17 block 3

Back
Top Bottom