What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

It has always been medium category sir, if you didn’t knew it.

It will host 2 RD-93 category engines (WS-13E/WS-19)

Just for info sake,
FlightGlobal people are nill in terms of chinese knowledge... Many a times, I have found their articles with typos and bogus info.

@Deino Still no EOTS mounted, HUD on the first one, Seems similar to Block 3.

Makes me wonder deeply, Who manufactures HUD ? Does CAC and SAC have their own models ?

Coz the one on J-10C and the one on J-20, both aren't similar to Block 3, so we have 3 different HUDs. So, SAC makes HUDS, Any images of the latest models ? Coz if the HUD is from SAC (Least likely as Thunder is a CAC product but still possible since PAC is involved), That would mean SAC and PAC are cooperating, What if Block 3 or the Thunder program might have something to do with FC-31 in the future ? Like sort of a testbed or maybe future collaboration with FC-31 being the interim fighter to counter the meteor threat and a possible super sukhoi upgrade with K-77s ?

And since China is already working on PL-21 (Miniaturized RAMJET for Internal Bays), This would be useful for FC-31 as well. And since PAF apparently is only stuck at 50 Block 3s, doesn’t explain how they can wait till at least 2035-38 before inducting AZM. Mirage upgrade is for Ground roles but something stealthy to country S-400, Meteor and Super sukhoi....

Maybe AZM Project could have a NGF in the long term but a licensed FC-31 FGFA in the short term, 2 types of fighters, Hands on experience of operating and upgrading/producing Fifth gen fighter (FC-31) before AZM NGFA.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @aliyusuf @Blacklight @Mangus Ortus Novem @araz

Quote my post in the PAF thread so as to keep this thread clean
Don't get caught up on whether Project AZM is/can be FC-31, TF-X, etc.

Ultimately, the PAF will work with a big industrial power -- i.e., China -- (just as Korea relies on the US) to source the most difficult/complex parts of the fighter.

So,it will be some kind of a JV like with the JF-17?
no most probably sort of JAS-39 Gripen production model, where Design and IP will be ours but some of subcomponents from allied countries would be acquired to fetch benefit of some of the existing technical and production infrastructure to keep cost down and to keep the project feasible in terms of Technology and Finance ....

So,it will be some kind of a JV like with the JF-17?

no most probably sort of JAS-39 Gripen production model, where Design and IP will be ours but some of subcomponents from allied countries would be acquired to fetch benefit of some of the existing technical and production infrastructure to keep cost down and to keep the project feasible in terms of Technology and Finance ....
It's increasingly looking like what @HRK described. AvRID/PAC are managing the design and testing, but will rely on the Chinese industry for critical inputs (especially engine). I do think they'll try localizing some areas, especially airframe/aero-structure and composites manufacturing, and maybe push for licensed local production of engines, electronics, etc (not turn-key, but not CKD assembly either).

Last edited:
It's increasingly looking like what @HRK described. AvRID/PAC are managing the design and testing, but will rely on the Chinese industry for critical inputs (especially engine). I do think they'll try localizing some areas, especially airframe/aero-structure and composites manufacturing, and maybe push for licensed local production of engines, electronics, etc (not turn-key, but not CKD assembly either).
Do we have cabalility to make Radar, Cockpit, EW for a new Fighter?

JV is the best option for timely completion of this project without compromising its capabilities.
The question here is this, are we going to put all the equipments and components of chinese origin or PAF has any western tech in mind via Turkey?
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

I don't care if PAF has a shot at getting this jet.

I just want to see it fly. Make some progress. I'd be a waste if it came this far and become one of those unfinished projects.

As SAC belongs to AVIC..., big brother needs to pump some money into this project.

CAC also belongs to AVIC.
Yeah, but we're talking about SAC & the FC-31 on this Topic.

I really like this jet. Okay, its no J-20, but still as someone who likes jets, i've been disappointed as no progress has been seen for months/years.

Even (some) Chinese Media Outlets seem to have given up on the FC-31.

i've been disappointed as no progress has been seen for months/years.
I think you are really hurt by Turkey:p:
Just kidding!
Even (some) Chinese Media Outlets seem to have given up on the FC-31.
When J-20 is put into mass production, you would find the progress of J-XX from the media.
PLAAF and PLAN need to get feedback from J-20 to develop J-XX.

Turkey shows so many beautiful mockups...
Okay, but what did Turkey have to do with my personal interest in the FC-31 and its progress?

I think you might be confusing my interest in the Gray Falcon with your displeasure towards the Turks and their future endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom