What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

No, ... it is NOT a J-31 simply since none such type exist! PERIOD.

It is however the second FC-21 prototype - most often labeled FC-31V2 - painted in grey but from some info I have, this image si already from late-2018.
Okay, Mr. INT'L MOD. There really isn't the need to put the word 'Period' in CAPS, if you've already used '!' to convey your message.

Now in regard to if there is a type referred to as a 'J-31' could be argumentative based on the information provided by Wikipedia (below)...

FC-31.jpg

Notice how Mr. Yongling referred to it as J-31...

Now I have no clue as to what is a FC-21 (as you've pointed out above).

And i'm certainly not disputing if it was or wasn't taken in late-2018. But even if it was, one would wonder why has it all of a sudden popped up on the .net (now). I mean if it is from 2018, is there any evidence to link it to that particular year in time?

Okay, Mr. INT'L MOD. There really isn't the need to put the word 'Period' in CAPS, if you've already used '!' to convey your message.

Now in regard to if there is a type referred to as a 'J-31' could be argumentative based on the information provided by Wikipedia (below)...

View attachment 616183

Notice how Mr. Yongling referred to it as J-31...

Now I have no clue as to what is a FC-21 (as you've pointed out above).

And i'm certainly not disputing if it was or wasn't taken in late-2018. But even if it was, one would wonder why has it all of a sudden popped up on the .net (now). I mean if it is from 2018, is there any evidence to link it to that particular year in time?

Pardon, if you rate my post as offensive but I would not use Wiki to proof a wrong designation. For example, the Type 002 carrier is still labeled Type 001A and Type 003 = 002 ... so much on Wiki :undecided:

The FC-21 is a stupid typo. Sorry for that.

As for why this only popped up now, I don't know but allegedly the photographer decided only to post it now ... maybe we should ask him.

How 'bout FlightGlobal...?
https://www.flightglobal.com/fixed-...upbeat-note-about-fc-31-report/133476.article

Are they getting 'J-31' wrong too. Not that I care what designation is given officially by the Chinese, Pakistani's OR NATO.

My inquiry was purely inquisitive about the Photo I picked up from the .net earlier today.

In short, YES that report written by my old friend Greg Waldron has a minor error: J-31 is wriong, and there si nothing to debate.

As for that image again: It was posted in two minor cut-out parts already I think last year in September but allegedly - as per original photographer - already taken in 2018. Why it was published only now, I don't know, I wasn't able to ask the original source, but in short to answer your question:

upload_2020-3-22_15-59-14.png

NO, it is not a J-31 nor a FC-31 in PLAAF livery. Most likely - at least from what I heard - it is only the painted FC-31's second revised demonstrator (thanks @LKJ86 for the correction). IMO it has the typical FC-31-logo on its tail as shown on the models, but not yet the PLAAF symbol.

FC-31V2 mock up - 20190813 - 2.jpg

Sorry again if my post was rated offensive, it was not meant that way, and also if I wasn't able to answer your question, but that's what I know ... and again, there is no J-31 regardless what certain press releases post.

New photos of the repainted FC-31 2.0 in flight have been released. If the PAF ends up selecting this fighter, this is what they'll most likely look like in service, of course with a PAF roundel.

9d8673e1ly1gdxtk0k4k1j20m80chgrs.jpg

54426cc7ly1gdxwcvxix3j20yi0f040s.jpg

New photos of the repainted FC-31 2.0 in flight have been released. If the PAF ends up selecting this fighter, this is what they'll most likely look like in service, of course with a PAF roundel.
If you scroll up on Post #2704, you'll find your 2nd image is taken from a different by clearer angle in the exact same spot.

So technically - this picture is pretty old.

Can't comment on the first one where the FC-31 is in air.

A lot of composites... also, appears to be not that small.. medium category?

Interesting would be know the weapons bay capacity and how much feul it can carry....

With overall advancement in the Chinese electronics ...J31 can leverage a lot of mature things from J20 as well.

Would be nice if PAC is at least a study partner in this project.... Production techniques of medium weight stealth fighter are different than JF Blk3, I guess.

Keep us posted @LKJ86
It has always been medium category sir, if you didn’t knew it.

It will host 2 RD-93 category engines (WS-13E/WS-19)

How 'bout FlightGlobal...?
https://www.flightglobal.com/fixed-...upbeat-note-about-fc-31-report/133476.article

Are they getting 'J-31' wrong too. Not that I care what designation is given officially by the Chinese, Pakistani's OR NATO.

My inquiry was purely inquisitive about the Photo I picked up from the .net earlier today.
Just for info sake,
FlightGlobal people are nill in terms of chinese knowledge... Many a times, I have found their articles with typos and bogus info.

View attachment 624616
View attachment 624617
@Deino Still no EOTS mounted, HUD on the first one, Seems similar to Block 3.

Makes me wonder deeply, Who manufactures HUD ? Does CAC and SAC have their own models ?

Coz the one on J-10C and the one on J-20, both aren't similar to Block 3, so we have 3 different HUDs. So, SAC makes HUDS, Any images of the latest models ? Coz if the HUD is from SAC (Least likely as Thunder is a CAC product but still possible since PAC is involved), That would mean SAC and PAC are cooperating, What if Block 3 or the Thunder program might have something to do with FC-31 in the future ? Like sort of a testbed or maybe future collaboration with FC-31 being the interim fighter to counter the meteor threat and a possible super sukhoi upgrade with K-77s ?

And since China is already working on PL-21 (Miniaturized RAMJET for Internal Bays), This would be useful for FC-31 as well. And since PAF apparently is only stuck at 50 Block 3s, doesn’t explain how they can wait till at least 2035-38 before inducting AZM. Mirage upgrade is for Ground roles but something stealthy to country S-400, Meteor and Super sukhoi....

Maybe AZM Project could have a NGF in the long term but a licensed FC-31 FGFA in the short term, 2 types of fighters, Hands on experience of operating and upgrading/producing Fifth gen fighter (FC-31) before AZM NGFA.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @aliyusuf @Blacklight @Mangus Ortus Novem @araz

Quote my post in the PAF thread so as to keep this thread clean

The Width of the weapon bay looks similar to J20

Going for FC31 will make India go towards SU57 or F35
Don’t start here, i said paf Thread.

India won’t be in a position to go for them any time soon. Coming times for indian economy are disastrous, Enemy is breaking from inside, Write that

Makes me wonder deeply, Who manufactures HUD ? Does CAC and SAC have their own models ?
The 'Aurora' EHUD-2 is a product of AVIC itself which we're expecting to be on the Block III.

EHUD-2 (Aurora).jpg

Not sure 'bout the J-10 & J-20 or FC-31. But I think that might fall under AVIC too.

Chinese HUDs.jpg

Just so that you know, SAC (Shenyang Aircraft Corporation) is a subsidiary of AVIC too. So they're actually one big happy family.
SAC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom