What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

There is no short cut in developing engines. Otherwise, you have to copy AL-31F engine or others all the time.

Besides, SAC has done lots of work similar to those of NASA in aviation. Maybe China should consider to break up SAC, and founds China's NASA in aviation.

Hi,

So true---manufacturing a capable high performance fighter jet engine is one of the most difficult engineering accomplishments of any engineering industrial megaplex---.

USA UK France Russia only 4 primary producers---. Even Germany---Italy---Sweden Israel South Africa not in the run---.

And only USA, Russia, and China are producing engines as the same class of WS-10.

Hi,

It is a great accomplishment of chinese engineering industrial complex to successfully reach this stage of performance for the fighter aircraft engines---.

Hi,

It is a great accomplishment of chinese engineering industrial complex to successfully reach this stage of performance for the fighter aircraft engines---.
AECC's WS-10 is just as AVIC's J-10. And AECC has to work harder for its "J-20","FC-31", "Y-20", and so on.

And only USA, Russia, and China are producting engines as the same class of WS-10.
Since WS10 has been in development(with newer variants) and used on various platforms for a long time now...I assume the reliability has significantly improved...

According to recent news China is going to produce J15(which is powered by WS10) and other Chinese jets that traditionally relied on AL31 are also now being made with WS10. Does anyone know the current TBO of WS10? Or better yet is there information available on how TBO of WS10 has improved over time?

Since WS10 has been in development(with newer variants) and used on various platforms for a long time now...I assume the reliability has significantly improved...

According to recent news China is going to produce J15(which is powered by WS10) and other Chinese jets that traditionally relied on AL31 are also now being made with WS10. Does anyone know the current TBO of WS10? Or better yet is there information available on how TBO of WS10 has improved over time?
I dont know where I read this and please feel free to rubbish the news. The Chinese floated their company on the stock exchange. As a part of this they had to provide details of the work they will be doing. In the summary they wrote that till 2025 they will not be producing more than 5 engines every year. It seems that, if this is true the Chinese are on the verge of a breakthrough but it cannot be translated into mass production. This is the most critical stage of engine development where you continuously produce engines of high quality. it seems that the Chinese have achieved results but want to ensure they maintain quality while mass producing these engines.
A

In the summary they wrote that till 2025 they will not be producing more than 5 engines every year. It seems that, if this is true the Chinese are on the verge of a breakthrough but it cannot be translated into mass production. This is the most critical stage of engine development where you continuously produce engines of high quality. it seems that the Chinese have achieved results but want to ensure they maintain quality while mass producing these engines.
Do you mean WS-15?

I dont know where I read this and please feel free to rubbish the news. The Chinese floated their company on the stock exchange. As a part of this they had to provide details of the work they will be doing. In the summary they wrote that till 2025 they will not be producing more than 5 engines every year. It seems that, if this is true the Chinese are on the verge of a breakthrough but it cannot be translated into mass production. This is the most critical stage of engine development where you continuously produce engines of high quality. it seems that the Chinese have achieved results but want to ensure they maintain quality while mass producing these engines.
A
Which company were they going to privatize? They have multiple state owned enterprises that are involved in engine development...
...also only 5 engines being produced a year? Like a specific type I assume...WS15 perhaps(since that's still under development for J20). It seems unlikely that this applies to all the jet engines...WS10 is used to power Chinese flankers and J10C...so they must be churning those out at more than 5 a year.

Could u provide more details about this rumor? Like which engine? Which company?

Which company were they going to privatize? They have multiple state owned enterprises that are involved in engine development...
...also only 5 engines being produced a year? Like a specific type I assume...WS15 perhaps(since that's still under development for J20). It seems unlikely that this applies to all the jet engines...WS10 is used to power Chinese flankers and J10C...so they must be churning those out at more than 5 a year.

Could u provide more details about this rumor? Like which engine? Which company?
As age advances, my memory goes. I read it somewhere but cannot remember where. I will try and find the article and post it.
A

Do you mean WS-15?
My friend as I said earlier I cannot remember where I read it. As soon as I find it I will post the article.
A

I am not sure but if I remember correctly it is some internship guy report about WS15 parts producing company or something like that and that number could be a batch number. Lots of debate has been done on it on PDF some thread maybe some engine thread so if someone do the search can find it.

A

Do you mean WS-15?

As age advances, my memory goes. I read it somewhere but cannot remember where. I will try and find the article and post it.
A

My friend as I said earlier I cannot remember where I read it. As soon as I find it I will post the article.
A

A

A
I am not sure but if I remember correctly it is some internship guy report about WS15 parts producing company or something like that and that number could be a batch number. Lots of debate has been done on it on PDF some thread maybe some engine thread so if someone do the search can find it.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chen...ews-discussions.111471/page-810#post-11962113

@fatman17
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chinese-aero-engine-information-thread.300409/page-68#post-11979150

A

I have also read it on pdf, will try to find the link

Is this a J-31/FC-31 in PLAAF livery :what: ?

J-31.jpg

Apologies if its a J-20.

There is also a video (but in Chinese). At Timestamp 3:20, they talk about the Pakistan Air Force.

@LKJ86 @beijingwalker @Beast @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Is this a J-31/FC-31 in PLAAF livery :what: ?

View attachment 616146

Apologies if its a J-20.

There is also a video (but in Chinese). At Timestamp 3:20, they talk about the Pakistan Air Force.

@LKJ86 @beijingwalker @Beast @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

No, ... it is NOT a J-31 simply since none such type exist! PERIOD.

It is however the second FC-31 prototype - most often labeled FC-31V2 - painted in grey but from some info I have, this image is already from late-2018.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom