What's new

SAAB-2000 Erieye delivery flight to PAF at ATHENS - 27/05/2020

It wasn’t Syed the person who started it all but one of the moderators... really really sad situation. Past is past but on this forum only about 10 percent posters post anything worthy of reading and Indians ruin everything here. On Pakdef we had very few Indians and a lot more reliable non fan boy info.

Good times back then

Out of any number of aerial assets, not all are available for operations at all times.
For 24/7 surveillance you need at least 4 platforms in one zone, 8 in two zones, while the remaining are being maintained. Ideally, there should be some additional standby units as well.

That is kind of exactly what I said. 4 per sector = 8, maybe 1 attrition reserve so 9 would be ideal. You don't need more then 1 Erieye flying in the same sector, as they will both be looking at exactly the same air picture, complete waste of time, money, men and aircraft. Ideally in each sector one plane should be getting airborne as one is about to come off station. This is where Indian fell down on Feb 27th. As the Phalcons were unavilable and they only had 2 Netra AEW, we simply waited till it went off station (with only 2 you cannot keep 1 airborne consistently) then we attacked. I am very sure PAF learned this lesson hence the new Erieye order. We never want to be caught in same situation as Indians where they can exploit our lack of AEW cover

So does we have RAAD with a better range RAAD=350 km, RAAD-2=450 km RAAD-3=550 km, so what your points
Raad is not A/A it's A/G. My point is that the rafale will be able to launch missiles into Pakistan without being detected.

We need 4 to 6 of these jammers and with Turk's developing rapidly these jammers would remain updated.
I think the PN's aircraft choice for the LRMPA could be a factor for any future EA/ECM aircraft. Basically, maintain a common logistics and support chain. I think the most optimal platform is the Bombardier Global 6000 as Saab and others have already worked on it for LRMPA, EA/ECM, ISR and AEW&C applications.

I think the PN's aircraft choice for the LRMPA could be a factor for any future EA/ECM aircraft. Basically, maintain a common logistics and support chain. I think the most optimal platform is the Bombardier Global 6000 as Saab and others have already worked on it for LRMPA, EA/ECM, ISR and AEW&C applications.
Sir will it not be a better option to get A319 or A220 so that we could use the same platform as a refueler now that Airbus us the prime contractor for the USAF for next generation refuelers and is developing new more advanced boom.

A319 and A220 have similar pay load and range but cost wise A220 is far more economical.

I think in this global environment buying first hand may not be the best. Second hand market for private jets are probably tanking. You could buy them probably for a fraction of the price.

The benefit of @Bilal Khan (Quwa) 's suggestion is that the Bombardier 6000 flies nearly at the speed of sound. This is important as with IN fighters harrassing PN aircraft, the ability to put distance may be crucial and a life and death proposition.

Raad is not A/A it's A/G. My point is that the rafale will be able to launch missiles into Pakistan without being detected.
BVR has been not fire at max range and that range for meteor is stated against big RCS targets like AWACS/tankers etc etc for fighter it has a half range 150 km

BVR has been not fire at max range and that range for meteor is stated against big RCS targets like AWACS/tankers etc etc for fighter it has a half range 150 km

SCALP has a range of 300km. This is how far it can strike from the middle of IoK.
upload_2020-5-29_21-42-51.png

And even 250km away from the border, it can strike all of Lahore unless you plan on flying awacs planes into enemy airspace:
upload_2020-5-29_21-49-4.png

Yes, we can strike further than that but the Rafale will likely remain undetected unlike our Mirage-IIIs.

SCALP has a range of 300km. This is how far it can strike from the middle of IoK.View attachment 636523

And even 250km away from the border, it can strike all of Lahore unless you plan on flying awacs planes into enemy airspace:
View attachment 636528
Yes, we can strike further than that but the Rafale will likely remain undetected unlike our Mirage-IIIs.
They have Air Launched Brahmos too

He run the website.

TBH PakDef did a fantastic job controlling Indian trolls and propaganda by simply blocking any and all. Something that should have long been emulated on this forum to stop intentional misinformation.

I remember you from the old pakistanidefence forum too. Glad to see that you are on this forum as well. A forum is only as good as its members. HKhan forgot that basic fact. He treated Bilal Khan in a very nasty way and many members spoke up against his behavior. Members chipped in money whenever required to maintain the forum but the forum was then promptly closed once the donations were made.

Pakdef had many professionals who broke important news consistently and correctly. People like Mansoor Ahmed and others who provided very important perspectives. Sad to see how everything went down the drain. But you are right, moderators need to be more aggressive here to control the filth from across the border.

I remember that. He went by the name of FaisalK on PakDef and had been the first to discuss the possibility of PN getting MILGEMS a whole long time back. And H Khan ripped him a new one for no reason.

He run the website.

TBH PakDef did a fantastic job controlling Indian trolls and propaganda by simply blocking any and all. Something that should have long been emulated on this forum to stop intentional misinformation.

I remember you from the old pakistanidefence forum too. Glad to see that you are on this forum as well. A forum is only as good as its members. HKhan forgot that basic fact. He treated Bilal Khan in a very nasty way and many members spoke up against his behavior. Members chipped in money whenever required to maintain the forum but the forum was then promptly closed once the donations were made.

Pakdef had many professionals who broke important news consistently and correctly. People like Mansoor Ahmed and others who provided very important perspectives. Sad to see how everything went down the drain. But you are right, moderators need to be more aggressive here to control the filth from across the border.
Yep, I was a member of PakDef since early 2000 before it was even the forum people came to recognize in its later form. Contributed a lot to their articles and pictures and stayed in touch with Usman Shabbir on FB. Its discussions were of better quality over all than here but HKhan definitely did not know how to moderate that forum and would go in a hissy fit anytime someone would call him out on his views or for deleting posts and thread willy nilly. The owner originally was Syed something, but he gave up moderating it a long time ago as well. Regardless, once you lose readership and participating members, there is no way to bring that back. Hence, even when they tried to resurrect the forum last year, had a token of people posting and naturally died on its own.

Back
Top Bottom