What's new

SAAB-2000 Erieye delivery flight to PAF at ATHENS - 27/05/2020

I think the PN's aircraft choice for the LRMPA could be a factor for any future EA/ECM aircraft. Basically, maintain a common logistics and support chain. I think the most optimal platform is the Bombardier Global 6000 as Saab and others have already worked on it for LRMPA, EA/ECM, ISR and AEW&C applications.
Thanks for the reply, (I am a big fan of your work and website - thanks for your work keeping us updated)

Must admit you guys are making very smart and calculated moves.
You have very limited budget but your PAF is very forward thinking and thinks outside the box

You don't get he BEST MOST expensive .. But the most effective system within your means

You Air force is well organised and knows how to fight within its means.

SCALP has a range of 300km. This is how far it can strike from the middle of IoK.View attachment 636523

And even 250km away from the border, it can strike all of Lahore unless you plan on flying awacs planes into enemy airspace:
View attachment 636528
Yes, we can strike further than that but the Rafale will likely remain undetected unlike our Mirage-IIIs.
We have RAAD. with more range.

SCALP has a range of 300km. This is how far it can strike from the middle of IoK.View attachment 636523

And even 250km away from the border, it can strike all of Lahore unless you plan on flying awacs planes into enemy airspace:
View attachment 636528
Yes, we can strike further than that but the Rafale will likely remain undetected unlike our Mirage-IIIs.
Some time you're talking air to air warfare and sometimes you're talking air to ground warfare as for scalp they Will be not fired from 300 or 250 km because there Will NO guarantee that this missile hits its targets ( CEP (CENTRAL ERROR PROBABILITY))
to increase the chance of hit accurately its need to be fire in between 250-200 km

You think someone shits gols....ofcourse they pay taxes at around 40b$ per year..now who pays taxes and who dont is the issue

As far as I can remember sir, the tax collection in 2018-19 was $27.5 Billion and not $40.0 billion. If it would have been that figure, half of our worries would have been gone!

My 2C worth

Alright folks, I've been reading a few things about PAF having 7 Erieye's after this addition. It's not true. Here is the breakdown.

PAF's Ereieye fleet

3 Survived from 2006 Order

2 of 3 Acquired from 2017 order. The remaining one is a passenger version. It is still flying without the radar set.

2 more joining this year (including this one)

This information is verified. I was at Chakala today (Evidence at PAF News thread :D)
Can you please clarify the bold part?

Are you saying PAF bought 3 radar sets but only installed two. And the radar set for the 3rd aircraft is available but not installed to this aircraft yet?
Or are you saying that only 2 radar sets (but 3 planes) were bought in this batch?

Some time you're talking air to air warfare and sometimes you're talking air to ground warfare as for scalp they Will be not fired from 300 or 250 km because there Will NO guarantee that this missile hits its targets ( CEP (CENTRAL ERROR PROBABILITY))
to increase the chance of hit accurately its need to be fire in between 250-200 km
CEP stands for circular error probable

That's with any missle be it scalp or meteors etc. 27th feb pak air force fired 3
3 or 4 amraams they all missed
when fired at close to their max range 90 to.100km the longest recorded c5 amraans is 60km

The mig21 kill was achieved at just 6km

Pl15 has a large target 300km and fighter target 190km . Yet likely kill range will be half that

Why because unless fired by a stealth fighter the adversary eill.see your thunders from 100km or more easily and have time to go cold ie drop height to avoid kill as the su30mki did on the day

Where is the evidence PAF fired more than 2 AMRAAMs? And please don’t claim IAF said so? India has totally discredited itself in the on 26 and 27 February 2019 that no one should take anything they say serious.

This started with me saying that 250km of detection of rafales is insufficient because it can strike upto 300km away, allowing it to hit places like Lahore undetected. Then someone else brought up Raad.

This started with me saying that 250km of detection of rafales is insufficient because it can strike upto 300km away, allowing it to hit places like Lahore undetected. Then someone else brought up Raad.
Are you talking about Air to air warfare or air to ground warfare first clarify dude???

Dude you know nothing about the military technology and how on earth our f16 had closed to mig 21 (Within visual range) our f16 is way way ahead to your mig21 at every sense you brainwashed by your gov't/IAF
Please dont get carried away by this searching questions and deliberately placed wrong information within the context of a seemingly reasonable post. Leave him be in his wishful fancy of 40 AMRAMS Fired and ducked by the mighty YEEMMMMMM KAYYYYYY YAIIIIII. We all believe we know what happened and no amount of denial is going to change that.
A

Are you talking about Air to air warfare or air to ground warfare first clarify dude???
Is it not apparent from my first reply that I am stating why 250km detection range is insufficient (because the rafale can attack Pakistan undetected?) If not, it is now and I don't think it's necessary to clog up other's alerts and clutter the thread any further.

Sir,

3 more were ordered in 2017 which were delivered hence taking the numbers to 10 aircraft. May be 1 training aircraft was bought but not reported because it had no significance but just a transport aircraft.

This is probably the reason 11 aircraft are registered in PAF and the claim by Usman Shabir is correct.

The Aircraft that is being delivered is probably a new order which could have been signed in 2017. Most likey this order is of 3 aircraft specifically for Southern Command hence added protection for corrosion from flying over the sea and radars to detect submarine and ships. So PAF might be looking towards a complete squadron i.e 15- 16 aircraft which could be divided up between equally in both commands.

No definitely not see my post #35 I have stated the serials, if you have 3 extra units please provide the serial numbers as I live next to Kamra and I verified the information , same for JF17 serials I have my own collection

Right now we have 7 x Erieye no more than this

Hi guys just a question that what has become of our ZDK O3 AWACS? Considering that we are inducting more Erieyes based systems did we finally give up on ZDK 03? Does anyone haVE any idea what were the issues with ZDK 03 that we dropped them in favour of Erieye based AWACS.
Maybe they are more expensive. Their flight operation cost is more.

Back
Top Bottom