What's new

SAAB-2000 Erieye delivery flight to PAF at ATHENS - 27/05/2020

If india doesnt knlw exactly the numbers of plateforms we operate than its huge incompetence on their part...
How do you think TTP had all the details about the kamra attack and was able to damage and destroy almost all of SAAB air crafts..

To be honest i dont think RAW is this incompetent ..simple satellite survilance will give them idea of how many we operate ..they have much more assets ..

The reason behind pakistan keeping a close lid is to avoid backlash and political interference by indian lobby...as as long as their is plausible deniability lobbying general public ans law makers becoming a bit trickier...
For example india protested on saab delivery of 3 new AWECs after it was delivered in 2019 not in 2017....and so on..they even protest when pakistan gets a rifle or glock..

Stop posting immature, childish comments. Even 250 km detecting range is more than enough for PAF. Rafale bvr misisle range is around 120 km which is well inside our coverage range so in order to fire the target, rafale or su30 needs to come in well with in our awacs detecting range.
Doesn't the rafale have A-G missiles with a range of 300km? The rafale would be a threat for up to 300km then.

Our ATR 72s have 7300E. 7000E is used in Helis I believe. Would it be 7500E? So another MPA? Can these SAABs act as LRMPAs as what our Navy intends to get?

I did read somewhere that Pakistan was interested in it before

1- Its 7xxx, cant specify the version.

2- True. Still an option.

Saab 2000 configured as Swordfish MPA.. guess who will get it first

Who? Whats your guess

Can Swordfish act as LRMPA?
There is dedicated variant..
MPA should have sonbaunt and torpedoz
Q3qpIYP.jpg

In short it depends upon what you choose there are numerous variation that any country can opt for ..
Seems pakistan upfront cost being higher was also due to numerous modification made over the baseline model
3zkDsgW.jpg

Vs thailand model which seems to be the exact copy of swedish system

Why pakistan choose saab 2000 plateform instead of jet plateform ..cost? I dont know..most countries would prefer a jet aircraft

Turbo props cheaper to operate and generally have more availablity then jets.

why they changed serial number sir i have never see in history of PAF that they repaired a plane and change serial number .there is no other way to track aircrafts sir only serial numbers construction number registration numbers are the one to be tracked .

there is no example and proof of serial number chage sir . please find then new serial number and prove it
Paf has been messing about with the serial number markings on all their awacs for a while now a f there's no way to confirm how many they got.
We can only speculate.

Paf has been messing about with the serial number markings on all their awacs for a while now a f there's no way to confirm how many they got.
We can only speculate.
how do you know sir ? as i can see all serials numbers are same as delivery flights and no number changed .

the most important and most expensive item survived

of course the Swedes were pissed off with us for failing to protect such an expensive asset but we turned around things and amazed them trough our repair and restoration.

the person who oversaw its repair and took videos and photos of all the phases of this repair and flew the AWAC plans to write a book on his retirement

i have requested an interview and offered help with the book but have to wait for response.
'
please youtube interview :-)

Back
Top Bottom