What's new

SAAB-2000 Erieye delivery flight to PAF at ATHENS - 27/05/2020

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

@Flight of falcon

Yes it was sad brothers and we now remain the only dedicated forum and message board related to Pakistani defence affairs, but that's also our strength. Just look at the years we have clocked, the forum is 20 years old, that's no small thing. I've done 14 years actively, and three as a lurker, that's 17 years.
The site has grown to massive proportions and we are now read widely by the political establishment, the military, common folk in Pakistan and expats the world over. We have been far more successful than any previous site could ever become and we continue to grow mashallah.
It's you guys who are our greatest asset, and every patriotic poster on this forum. Together we can do so much more, and hopefully continue to go from strength to strength.

Back to topic guys, so how many systems does Pakistan now actually possess. I counted 7?
i m on this forum from 15 years i had another id before i forgot its password so made a new one.
i must say the forum is home to some of us

049 serial number was changed. So was of other Saab fleet.
Just tracking the serial number on the plane is not a sure way of knowing the exact numbers
why they changed serial number sir i have never see in history of PAF that they repaired a plane and change serial number .there is no other way to track aircrafts sir only serial numbers construction number registration numbers are the one to be tracked .

049 serial number was changed. So was of other Saab fleet.
Just tracking the serial number on the plane is not a sure way of knowing the exact numbers
there is no example and proof of serial number chage sir . please find then new serial number and prove it

Let's just all agree to keep number of Saab 2000s a mystery and agree to disagree, if PAF went through all the effort in keeping a tight lid on the acquisition wouldn't it like to keep the numbers a guess.
If so doubt any responsible officer would reveal if destroyed unit returned to service or not.
Had alot of people claiming confirmed sources for their Swift retort versions. Infact I heard some stories direct from people serving in the military but turns out they were just as clueless as rest us and wanted to feel important. Even internally Pak military is good at compartmentalization.

Let's just all agree to keep number of Saab 2000s a mystery and agree to disagree, if PAF went through all the effort in keeping a tight lid on the acquisition wouldn't it like to keep the numbers a guess.
If so doubt any responsible officer would reveal if destroyed unit returned to service or not.
Had alot of people claiming confirmed sources for their Swift retort versions. Infact I heard some stories direct from people serving in the military but turns out they were just as clueless as rest us and wanted to feel important. Even internally Pak military is good at compartmentalization.
its not about the numbers sir its all about transpency . we are tax payers and we even dont know when PAF failed to protect them how much money they loss . PAF should be brave enough to accept the failures and admit them in public . if it was another country air cheif was facing questions of law makers and defense minister next day . keeping it under the carpet on the name of secret is BS . enemy know what was damage of attack .

its not about the numbers sir its all about transpency . we are tax payers and we even dont know when PAF failed to protect them how much money they loss . PAF should be brave enough to accept the failures and admit them in public . if it was another country air cheif was facing questions of law makers and defense minister next day . keeping it under the carpet on the name of secret is BS . enemy know what was damage of attack .

Since when do Pakistanis pay any "tax"? :-)

Exactly.ttp Ehsanullah told some press guy few days after attack that they destroyed 3 planes and killed 12 soilders. Initial PAF told that 1 planes is destroyed and few soldiers dead.

Exactly.ttp Ehsanullah told some press guy few days after attack that they destroyed 3 planes and killed 12 soilders. Initial PAF told that 1 planes is destroyed and few soldiers dead.
there is no transparency in pakistani forces . they have internal system to handle things but they not care answering to public and civil gov . OBL raid was best example .

Accountability of taxes is missing for alot of other things as well at least in military terms they have in interest of national security and potential fog of war excuse. We lose assets to crashes, attrition and have been at a constant state of war with a unconventional enemy. What matters in such instances is have the rectification been made so they are deterred in future and are they able to repeat these losses.
When a once PM can authorize gold fixtures for the rest house in Murree I doubt accountability of tax payer money is a priority. Even today gov in Sindh is building and releasing funds for apartments worth 4-5 crore each for members of provincial assembly in Clifton Karachi despite having shortage of funds for COVID-19 efforts. There was a news report on it perhaps a week back.
We have elected representatives in government and in opposition whose job is to hold accountability for such things which are not for public domain. Unfortunately they have often been incompetent or simply lack the education to bother in these things.
However I'm a optimist and my own observation awam as well as people in power have started questioning things more proactively now. So that's the start towards cutting future waste of funds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom