What's new

S-400 : A silver bullet for IAF air defence systems?

Obviously you have comprehension issues.
All the so called allies will milk the Indian cow but never risk their neck for you.
Remember it was a Russian General who referred to IAF pilots as ''Cows in the Cockpits''. Lol.

Since Indian pilots have IQ that of a chowkidar, India has to buy expensive weapons to compensate for their incompetency.

Really good explanation by Pakistan General

Acquasition range 600km
Engage 400km max
5 different missles
5 regiments
costing $5 billion

Considered the best in the world

He explains the impact at strategic tactile level and how it will severly impact PAF response

India can target all of PAF

The US and Israelis dusted the S-400 in Syria. It's overrated and this has been discussed. I

As the General pointed out that when China acquired the system, some Indian Two Star Officer was of the opinion that it will not be so effective against India but now that India is acquiring it, it suddenly becomes a war winner.....the claimed range also seems to be exaggerated and above all it's not battle tested.
Nothing that some decent cruise missile will not be able to counter effectively.
Only in the Ladakh region with mountain ranges. It will be very effective against Pakistan however.

Even Russians won't declare their system to be invincible.

/\

What's this guy's point anyway lol?
The usual fanboy "looked at me, please looked at me."
And as always,he proved to be such a mental slave of the Rus,Yankees,western, Israel.. "even American, Russian, Israel source, expert, analysts agreed or said so."
Lol....what a shame for a country with 1.4 billion people and so called indus civilization.

I have a Pathan solutions to this problem

1)Harrop like swarm drones with a 800 km range. Armed with an anti radar seaker. Cheap to build we could use aluminum reinforced balsa, a smaller turbo fan engine like raad or Babur, coupled with a smaller fuel based prop as a loitering engine and we are good! Build them cheap something like 200-300 k us$ and deploy them at mass.

2) this is a khan vilatey special - as we are using Chinese balloon based radars at the loc. Next logical wepons system would be cIws lighter than air assault platform.

start small for point air defence, missile (pl-10e and pl-12 cum auto cannon based (CIws) system for point air defence.

and bigger platforms with multiple cIws capability with longer range mrls firing capability. I name my invention khan’s air artillery (copy right 2021patent pending) imagine the same firepower as one of our corvettes just in the air

k

The US and Israelis dusted the S-400 in Syria. It's overrated and this has been discussed. I

Even F-22 and B-2s can be dusted off if it is in the hands of Arabs. India will have multiple layers of air defense before Pakistan can get to S-400.
Pakistan needs to acquire long range SAMs and anti radiation missiles.

so many years of deployment of s400 in syria and it doesn't have a single aircraft or missile kill to show for, not even a subsonic surveillance drone...we'll worry about it when it actually has something to show for...

Even F-22 and B-2s can be dusted off if it is in the hands of Arabs. India will have multiple layers of air defense before Pakistan can get to S-400.

I respectfully disagree in Syrian , Libya and Armenian air defence were overwhelmed with electronic warfare and drones.

I would invest suggest an investment in swarm drones that can carry armament just with like wj-700 and very long range anti radiation weapons.

this strategy is from the Cold War. The Americans decided to invest in strategic attack weapons and the Russians in defensive nuclear weapons . The Russians lost! They had to spend twice as opposed to an offensive weapons!

so why not spend on offensive weapons

k

I respectfully disagree in Syrian , Libya and Armenian air defence were overwhelmed with electronic warfare and drones.

I would invest suggest an investment in swarm drones that can carry armament just with like wj-700 and very long range anti radiation weapons.

this strategy is from the Cold War. The Americans decided to invest in strategic attack weapons and the Russians in defensive nuclear weapons . The Russians lost! They had to spend twice as opposed to an offensive weapons!

so why not spend on offensive weapons

k

You cant just rely on swarm drones even though they will be very effective.
The point is how to neutralize S-400 which will be deep inside enemy's territory of 200+ KM. Drones would have to cross multiple layers of defence including long medium and short range SAMs which India has one of the best (jokes aside) and then you also have to consider jammers or laser weapons which India could easily import from Israel.
Swarm drones are more effective at closer range of 1-30 km even if there are longer range available but you have to consider above factor. Until faster and more maneuverable drones are developed, you can not rely on them to penetrate deep within enemy's territory specially when it is highly guarded.
Its like a electric scooter with 100 km range will be perfect for within city commute but not for city to city where you will have to on highways and danger of getting hit by cars going over 100+kmh.

Last edited:

We have Chinese HQ-9B option and in the future we will be able to purchase Turkish Medium range Hisar-O and long range Siper air defense system.

Last edited:

Really good explanation by Pakistan General

Acquasition range 600km
Engage 400km max
5 different missles
5 regiments
costing $5 billion

Considered the best in the world

He explains the impact at strategic tactile level and how it will severly impact PAF response

India can target all of PAF
Air Defence systems are most over rated thing. But please continue to believe the big fat lie. You would see yourself what will happen if you mess with us again. S-400 won't stop a thing.

You cant just rely on swarm drones even though they will be very effective.
The point is how to neutralize S-400 which will be deep inside enemy's territory of 200+ KM. Drones would have to cross multiple layers of defence including long medium and short range SAMs which India has one of the best (jokes aside) and then you also have to consider jammers or laser weapons which India could easily import from Israel.
Swarm drones are more effective at closer range of 1-30 km even if there are longer range available but you have to consider above factor. Until faster and more maneuverable drones are developed they you can not rely on them to penetrate deep within enemy's territory specially when it is highly guarded.
Its like a electric scooter with 100 km range will be perfect for within city commute but not for city to city where you will have to on highways and danger of getting hit by cars going over 100+kmh.
Make sence. I agree with your premise. to learn more I would like to debate this a bit further. I see that these s-400s provide an offensive punch inside paksitan to say a 100 kms Unit deployed 100 kms in India can attack targets 100km inside Pakistan.

I say this because The Chinese surveillance radars pakistan uses and awacs provide us similar surveillance capabilities so it’s mostly about the Indian offensive punch.

a swarm of say 15 wj-700 armed with stand-off anti radiation missiles or Babar armed with anti radiation seekers will set India back 5 billion. If we take say three out of 5 this will create significant gaps in Indian air defence. The cost of a 100 baburs or a 50 wj-700 is much cheaper.

this is the problem with air defence it reduces ones options , this is why the usa has invests significantly in fighters and pilot training as opposed to fixed air defenses. Why should we not focus on all types of drones instead of air Defence systems beyond medium range. What did india achieve with its s-300 in Kashmir On feb 27

k

Back
Top Bottom