What's new

Russia's Luna-25 Has Crashed Into The Moon: Tass

Just like the japanese ispace craft.

RIP.

Now it's much harder to land on the moon than before.

Who says it is hard? Your link says absolutely nothing about landing at south pole being harder than landing at a predesignated site x.
1. In the Lunar South Pole, the sun is always near the horizon, which make it difficult to charge solar panels as compared to other regions of the moon.

2. South pole is in general darker than any other part of the moon because of its topography and sun's position, (Lunar mountains cast huge shadows due to the sun's position) which makes it harder for the electro optical systems of the craft to capture detailed images and these low quality images make it harder for the craft to determine its landing position.

1. In the Lunar South Pole, the sun is always near the horizon, which make it difficult to charge solar panels as compared to other regions of the moon.

2. South pole is in general darker than any other part of the moon because of its topography and sun's position, (Lunar mountains cast huge shadows due to the sun's position) which makes it harder for the electro optical systems of the craft to capture detailed images and these low quality images make it harder for the craft to determine its landing position.
Poles are always tricky everywhere including earth, even those who know barely anything on space can use their conventional wisdom to gauge that.

But to claim the contrary and then provide no proof is nothing but sheer jealousy & laziness.

Poles are always tricky everywhere including earth, even those who know barely anything on space can use their conventional wisdom to gauge that.

But to claim the contrary and then provide no proof is nothing but sheer jealousy & laziness.

Poles are tricky like landing on the moon is tricky.

You were implying that countries which have landed on the moon many times in the past like the US, China, Russia, somehow cannot land on the pole of the moon.

Let me make it quite clear. USA and China have never attempted to land on the pole of the moon. This does not mean they cannot. There is no jealousy because there is zero reason to be jealous.

A sort of analogous point would be like this claim from an Indian car manufacturer.

https://www.mahindra.com.au/2023/07/04/mahindra-scorpio-crosses-the-simpson-desert-in-record-time/

The problem with their claim is not that it isn't a factual thing, it is. The problem is that no one else has ever bothered to make that record. It doesn't mean the Mahindra is somehow the best off-roader (in fact it is far from). It is simply setting a record that others haven't attempted and brandishing it as somehow meaning the act demonstrates some superiority in whatever category, again, it does not. Even if successful it is not what some members have been trying to suggest.

You were implying that countries which have landed on the moon many times in the past like the US, China, Russia, somehow cannot land on the pole of the moon.

I did not imply that. Can't you read properly?

Screenshot_20230820-195946.jpg

Let me make it quite clear. USA and China have never attempted to land on the pole of the moon. This does not mean they cannot. There is no jealousy because there is zero reason to be jealous.

Who said otherwise?

Yes, there is jealousy.

I did not imply that. Can't you read properly?

View attachment 947235

Who said otherwise?

Yes, there is jealousy.

Jealousy over what? Real mature.

As for other discussion, let's call it a misunderstanding then. I suppose you didn't try to imply other countries which have accomplished much more somehow aren't able to land on the pole. So we'll leave it at that, a misunderstanding since you state here we agree on that point i.e. there are no technical obstacles in the way of others landing on the pole.

A sort of analogous point would be like this claim from an Indian car manufacturer.

https://www.mahindra.com.au/2023/07/04/mahindra-scorpio-crosses-the-simpson-desert-in-record-time/

The problem with their claim is not that it isn't a factual thing, it is. The problem is that no one else has ever bothered to make that record. It doesn't mean the Mahindra is somehow the best off-roader (in fact it is far from). It is simply setting a record that others haven't attempted and brandishing it as somehow meaning the act demonstrates some superiority in whatever category, again, it does not. Even if successful it is not what some members have been trying to suggest.
What has Mahindra to do here?
You claim there is no jealousy, yet you cherry-pick a claim of a Mahindra car being "best off roader" and then prove you are not jealous with the claim? Dum-dum?

Poles are tricky like landing on the moon is tricky.

Its a wonder morons who have just a little knowledge congregate on PDF like moths to a flame. Get a proper education instead of wasting your time here

What has Mahindra to do here?
You claim there is no jealousy, yet you cherry-pick a claim of a Mahindra car being "best off roader" and then prove you are not jealous with the claim? Dum-dum?

The point of that you seem to have missed.

Mahindra basically invented a record which no one has made any attempts at. Then used that to self promote. They didn't participate in a measured comparison or competition of like for like but chose to invent an own goal, score as you would expect it to, and use all that to promote themselves.

@Cheepek @serenity @Krptonite

Watch this FB video:

Prolly @serenity should watch and learn. After that, also give a Google search on how poles are different from the rest of the latitudes.

The point of that you seem to have missed.

Mahindra basically invented a record which no one has made any attempts at. Then used that to self promote. They didn't participate in a measured comparison or competition of like for like but chose to invent an own goal, score as you would expect it to, and use all that to promote themselves.

Aight, Mahindra made some obscure world record, and you are telling me you are not jealous about it by fact checking it(?)

Please learn to be subtle even if you are jealous ;-)

Prolly @serenity should watch and learn. After that, also give a Google search on how poles are different from the rest of the latitudes.

Aight, Mahindra made some obscure world record, and you are telling me you are not jealous about it by fact checking it(?)

Please learn to be subtle even if you are jealous ;-)

These mentions of jealousy reveal a lot more about you.

I am part of an off-roading enthusiast community and it was raised by others that Mahindra is doing a laughable attempt at self glorification with that "record". This topic merely reminded me of the parallels and a fitting example to get a point across that is entirely lost. I suppose you know what I am trying to say and hence have made posts #20 and #38.

I have nothing to be jealous of you or India. Calling others names on the internet is easy and boring.

These mentions of jealousy reveal a lot more about you.

I am part of an off-roading enthusiast community and it was raised by others that Mahindra is doing a laughable attempt at self glorification with that "record". This topic merely reminded me of the parallels and a fitting example to get a point across that is entirely lost. I suppose you know what I am trying to say and hence have made posts #20 and #38.

I have nothing to be jealous of you or India. Calling others names on the internet is easy and boring.
Kthxbye

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom