What's new

Russian warplane violates Turkish airspace

Neptune

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
This was to be coming. Probably, that's why US Air Force have expanded its presence over Turkey to Dıyarbakır AFB (Ex NATO CAOC, now under national command) and Erhaç AB. The official MFA press release it at down below.

News:
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - A Russian warplane violated Turkish airspace near the Syrian border on Saturday, prompting the Air Force to scramble two F-16 jets to intercept it, the Foreign Ministry said on Monday.

The Foreign Ministry summoned Moscow's ambassador to protest the violation, according to an e-mailed statement. Turkey urged Russia to avoid repeating such a violation, or it would be held "responsible for any undesired incident that may occur."

Foreign Minister Feridun Sinirlioglu spoke with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, as well as key NATO partners, the statement said. Russia launched air strikes last week against forces opposed to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

(Reporting by Ayla Jean Yackley; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
Turkey says Russian warplane violated its airspace - Yahoo News

MFA Rep. of Turkey:

A fighter aircraft belonging to the Russian Federation violated Turkish airspace at 12:08 on 3 October 2015 south of the Yayladağı/Hatay region. The Russian aircraft exited Turkish airspace into Syria after it was intercepted by two F-16s from the Turkish Air Force, which were conducting patrols in the region.

The Acting Undersecretary of the Ministry summoned the Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Ankara to the Ministry and strongly protested this violation, demanded that any such violation not be repeated and affirmed that, otherwise, the Russian Federation will be responsible for any undesired incident that may occur.

The Foreign Minister called the Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation Sergey Lavrov to reiterate the views stated above and express our reaction. The Foreign Minister also held telephone calls with his US, French, Italian and UK counterparts to evaluate the situation. The Foreign Minister will also consult with the NATO Secretary General and his German counterpart.

No: 269, 05 October 2015, Press Release Regarding the Violation of Turkish Airspace by a Russian Federation Aircraft / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Let's see how turkish air force and govt responds to such air space violations .The response of the pakistani govt and PAF to air space violations by US drones and jets is............well the whole world knows,

If any air craft of any air force operating in the region is shot during the aerial engagement it will escalate the situation.So it is very less likely that US,NATO, turkish and russian jets engage each other in air combat.
on the lighter part looking forward for an aerial engagement between the russian Su 30 and F-16s of NATO.Will support the russian jets though

My great Sultan, invite Putin for some ev yemegi....... I'm sure, he'll enjoy your cooking so much that he'll desist from violating Turkish airspace! :D

No. Last time I invited him, he asked me "Can I have Vodka served with food instead of Raki?" And I looked at him like "Bro, who's giving you Raki in the first place?"

No Alcohol in my palace..errr...I mean Presidential office ;)

''The Acting Undersecretary of the Ministry summoned the Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Ankara to the Ministry and strongly protested this violation, demanded that any such violation not be repeated and affirmed that, otherwise, the Russian Federation will be responsible for any undesired incident that may occur.''

2988C80100000578-3119803-Flames_of_war_Footage_taken_near_the_city_of_Daraa_showed_the_Mi-m-46_1434021752730.jpg

Expect it next time.

Last edited:
Might happen again. Turkey can't really do anything..

That is the question I asked yesterday and did not get any answer. If it was a syrian aircraft ii would have been shot down. Why not Russian one ?
A*sheads (I can no longer call these 'Syria' or 'Syrian') are a hostile group of people, who fights Syrian people themself but Russia isn't a hostile country with many ongoing projects and some strong ties between countries at least for now and it has warned.

That is the question I asked yesterday and did not get any answer. If it was a syrian aircraft ii would have been shot down. Why not Russian one ?

yes your right
maybe when they saw the bear in the cockpit they were like ok not a good idea

A Russian plane is a Russian plane and a Syrian plane is a Syrian plane. You need to warn first before you not forgive the next time.

I dare Turkey to shoot down RU warplane. lol

NATO !

Back
Top Bottom