What's new

Russian warplane violates Turkish airspace

Best of luck for turk brothers. You are on the american side and that's why you will pay. We were their allies or forced allies ,i should say, in past decade and we paid heavily and still we are enjoying the outcome

Best of luck for turk brothers. You are on the american side and that's why you will pay. We were their allies or forced allies ,i should say, in past decade and we paid heavily and still we are enjoying the outcome

Dude, we are also on our own side.

Its not that we cant shoot the drones down, the problem is mushi signed an agreement with them and if we stop them it would be a violation. Also the drone strikes benefit us as well as they are quite precise.
One needs a lot of strength and faith to take such a challenge. Tipu Sultan said "one day's life of a lion is better then a hundred years of life of a jackal" I never quoted it before because i used to consider it emotional statement just for the sake of debates and discussion and to score points but now i realized by looking at the present state of the country that tipu was right. Today we are known all over the world as terrorists, lier, corrupt. etc. Our sovereignty is gone. the author in the book "obama's wars" says at one place " we own the pakistani skies".It is generally said "death before dishonor" we chose dishonor and now we are living hundred years of the life of a jackal

Dude, we are also on our own side.
Good to know that.Best of luck.I don't know about the authenticity of the news that turkish govt had her hands in supporting and financing ISIS. If it's true then your govt has committed a massive crime

One needs a lot of strength and faith to take such a challenge. Tipu Sultan said "one day's life of a lion is better then a hundred years of life of a jackal" I never quoted it before because i used to consider it emotional statement just for the sake of debates and discussion and to score points but now i realized by looking at the present state of the country that tipu was right. Today we are known all over the world as terrorists, lier, corrupt. etc. Our sovereignty is gone. the author in the book "obama's wars" says at one place " we own the pakistani skies".It is generally said "death before dishonor" we chose dishonor and now we are living hundred years of the life of a jackal

Good to know that.Best of luck.I don't know about the authenticity of the news that turkish govt had her hands in supporting and financing ISIS. If it's true then your govt has committed a massive crime

ISIS is a Zionist tool, why should we support them.

Nato warns Russia over 'unacceptable' Turkey airspace violations
AFP | Oct 5, 2015, 06.13 PM IST

BRUSSELS: Nato chief Jens Stoltenberg warned Russia on Monday to avoid escalating tensions with the transatlantic alliance through "unacceptable" violations of Turkish airspace.

Stoltenberg convened an emergency meeting of alliance countries after key member state Turkey said its jets intercepted a Russian fighter plane near Syrian border.

READ ALSO: Russian volunteers may fight in Syria

"I just met with the foreign minister of Turkey Feridun Sinirlioglu to discuss the recent military actions of the Russian Federation in and around Syria, including the unacceptable violations of Turkish airspace by Russian combat aircraft," he said. "I call on Russia to fully respect Nato airspace and avoid escalating tensions with the alliance."

READ ALSO: Turkey warns Russia over airspace violation

With tensions high after Russia began air strikes targeting what it said were Islamic State militants in Syria last week, Sinirlioglu requested the talks after Turkey said it had intercepted a Russian fighter on Saturday.

Stoltenberg said ambassadors from Nato's 28 member states would meet in the North Atlantic Council later Monday to discuss the situation.

"I made clear that Nato remains strongly committed to Turkey's security," he said. "Russia's actions are not contributing to the security and stability of the region."

49231422.cms

Nato secretary general Jens Stoltenberg. (Getty Images photo)

READ ALSO: Russia strikes ISIS stronghold Raqqa in Syria, US-led coalition warns of escalation

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is separately meeting top EU officials in Brussels on Monday for talks dominated by the migrant crisis and the deepening conflict in Syria where he has backed rebels seeking the ouster of long-time Russian ally President Bashar al-Assad.

Turkey warned that if there was any repeat intrusion, Russia "will be responsible for any undesired incident that may occur".

Erdogan says Russia's bombing campaign in Syria is "unacceptable" and has warned Moscow it is making a "grave mistake". Nato has stationed Patriot missiles on Turkey's southern border with Syria to prevent any spillover from a bitter conflict which has left 250,000 people dead and sparked a mass exodus of migrants seeking safety in Europe.

READ ALSO: Iran troops to join Syria war, Russian jets pound CIA-trained group

The missiles are however due to be pulled out shortly and it is uncertain if they will be replaced. Nato has said previously the issue was under review.

Jumping at a Chance? US Makes Fuss of Russia Violating Turkish Airspace

Read more: Jumping at a Chance? US Makes Fuss of Russia Violating Turkish Airspace

While Moscow and Ankara have already settled the matter of Russia's accidental incursion into Turkish airspace, the US still seems to be in a fuss about it: an anonymous American official has insisted he does not believe it was an accident, reiterating that US is “deeply concerned over Russian movement in Turkey's airspace”.

Jumping at a Chance? US Makes Fuss of Russia Violating Turkish Airspace

Read more: Jumping at a Chance? US Makes Fuss of Russia Violating Turkish Airspace

While Moscow and Ankara have already settled the matter of Russia's accidental incursion into Turkish airspace, the US still seems to be in a fuss about it: an anonymous American official has insisted he does not believe it was an accident, reiterating that US is “deeply concerned over Russian movement in Turkey's airspace”.
Well, if you are stupid enough to violate NATO airspace...

NATO can go screw itself I suppose. Wasn't it violating of another country's sovereignty when another NATO country (Turkey) actively sent mercenaries, arms and funds to a neighboring country to further destabilize it? Not only they didn't protest, but they actually did the same in Syria to some extent. So they are the last one who should be talking about border violation.

Erdogan is on fire over Russian move in Syria, you can feel it in his speeches in past days. The Muslim Brotherhood gang (Erdogan+Qatar) are disappointed.

And the funniest part? The western countries are protesting Russia over bombing official branch of Al-Qaeda in Syria and similar groups, the world has some amazing twists in it.

NATO can go screw itself I suppose. Wasn't it violating of another country's sovereignty when another NATO country (Turkey) actively sent mercenaries, arms and funds to a neighboring country to further destabilize it? Not only they didn't protest, but they actually did the same in Syria to some extent. So they are the last one who should be talking about border violation.

Erdogan is on fire over Russian move in Syria, you can feel it in his speeches in past days. The Muslim Brotherhood gang (Erdogan+Qatar) are disappointed.

And the funniest part? The western countries are protesting Russia over bombing official branch of Al-Qaeda in Syria and similar groups, the world has some amazing twists in it.
And so did Russia but its only bad when its NATO or Turks?

And so did Russia but its only bad when its NATO or Turks?

So did Russia what? Sending weapons on official request of a country's government to its official armed forces is one thing, sending mercenaries and weapons to overthrow that government and installing an MB-stooge one is a whole another thing.

Based on that logic, Iran can arm PKK to teeth because there is no problem with it, right? Oh, and we call them the 'moderate PKK' in the process to justify it.

So did Russia what? Sending weapons on official request of a country's government to its official armed forces is one thing, sending mercenaries and weapons to overthrow that government and installing an MB-stooge one is a whole another thing.

Based on that logic, Iran can arm PKK to teeth because there is no problem with it, right? Oh, and we call them the 'moderate PKK' in the process to justify it.
Lol Ukraine isnt that far from Iran im pretty sure you might have heard about it. :)

Lol Ukraine isnt that far from Iran im pretty sure you might have heard about it. :)

Wait a minute, wasn't the government in Ukraine toppled with a western-backed coup? As a nation with history of too many coups, you as a Turk should be full aware of how coups work out and what they do to a country. Nevertheless, I have never said that I support Russian actions in Ukraine, the same way western support of the coup government is unjustifiable by any means. Ukraine is caught between the political games of bigger powers. That has nothing to do with Syria though.

Just let me ask you a question: How would U.S react if Soviets supported a successful coup by communists in Canada or Mexico? The answer is not very hard, U.S history in dealing with communist revolutionaries in South America and Cuba is bright as daylight.

Wait a minute, wasn't the government in Ukraine toppled with a western-backed coup? As a nation with history of too many coups, you as a Turk should be full aware of how coups work out and what they do to a country. Nevertheless, I have never said that I support Russian actions in Ukraine, the same way western support of the coup government is unjustifiable by any means. Ukraine is caught between the political games of bigger powers. That has nothing to do with Syria though.

Just let me ask you a question: How would U.S react if Soviets supported a successful coup by communists in Canada or Mexico? The answer is not very hard, U.S history in dealing with communist revolutionaries in South America and Cuba is bright as daylight.
What im saying is this game is being played by everyone, US, Russia, Turkey, Iran, thats international politics, noone is saint.

Back
Top Bottom