What's new

Russian think tank calls for sale of Su-35 fighters to Pakistan

F-16 block 70 is a beast of it own kind...worth to wait even 10 years...

Final_AirToAirLoadout_SteveOtte_LowResWithChute.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.medium.jpeg
yes and then we will be needing US engineers for the next 25 years to unlock the computers before every mission.

yes and then we will be needing US engineers for the next 25 years to unlock the computers before every mission.
Turkey already debugged its jets and we all know our friendship with Turkey.

i'd still be surprised if putin agrees... putin repeated this time and time again... there is no question of sukhoi jets for pakistan...

i'd still be surprised if putin agrees... putin repeated this time and time again... there is no question of sukhoi jets for pakistan...
Russia need clients for its defence products since India leaning towards USA so they need new customers and for your info Pakistan is also one the largest importer of defence products.

I personally think the Su-35 deal is nearing now. There has been much talk about this deal. The Russians understand that India belongs in the Western camp. The Su-57 saga was the last nail in the coffin. The naval wing definitely requires a strong air superiority fighter to safeguard CPEC assets. The Su-35 is absolutely tailor-made for this purpose. It has the range, endurance and air power to deter any enemy. I suspect that if the deal goes through, Pakistan might initially go for a few and gradually increase the numbers over the years. They will be keen to setup the logistics etc.

The way things are shaping Pak Russia relations are improving rapidly. Apart from the defence aspect of the relationship Pakistan should also tap into trade relations with Russia. Russia needs to be involved in CPEC.

Last edited:
I would recommend buying Chinese flanker, with our own suited weapon and avionics package, It better to have something different from the Indians! And the Chinese J-11 series is absolutely different than Su-30MKI.

If the Russians allows this we could opt for J-11. Without Russian approval the J-11 deal is not possible.

Russia has already opened its doors for Pakistan. India is buying weapons from both USA and Russia and Pakistan is being provided the same grounds from Russia. This is nothing new but already happening. All Russian weapons are available to Pakistan, India at max can only delay the delivery but cannot stop Russia from delivery to Pakistan. I think in future Russia will play as a middle ground between India and Pakistan with China as major weapons provider for Pakistan.
not for atleast next 5-6 years.....cant say after that.....I think its an overstatement that all the grounds are open.
pak will never be given su-35...until India has su-30....I am sure of it...pak can get choppers , guns and tanks up to most ….and we don't even need su-35, china has already developed its copy j-16...check it out....

Final_AirToAirLoadout_SteveOtte_LowResWithChute.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.medium.jpeg
india has already been offered that....but may be they wont opt it

pak will never be given su-35...until India has su-30
Russia don't follow these ethics since Russian are selling same products to China and India as well. Masla yeh nahien k bar mien kitni daru hai masla yeh k tu kitni pee sakta hai means when we have money we can buy any fighter like Eurofighter, Rafale, J-11 or SU-35.

Russia don't follow these ethics since Russian are selling same products to China and India as well. Masla yeh nahien k bar mien kitni daru hai masla yeh k tu kitni pee sakta hai means when we have money we can buy any fighter like Eurofighter, Rafale, J-11 or SU-35.

Su-35 is the most likely candidate out of the lot. I don't think Russia will allow J-11 to be sold to Pakistan.

I think that Russia is warming up to the idea to close previous chapters and enter a new era with Pakistan.

Like China, Pakistan shares a lot of common interests with Russia.

Last edited:
break the begging bowl...focus of Project AZM and move on....during conflict will Russia block spares as well?

Su-35 is the most likely candidate out of the lot. I don't think Russia will allow J-11 to be sold to Pakistan.
If they get good share then they will allow China happily just like engines for JF-17.

break the begging bowl...focus of Project AZM and move on....during conflict will Russia block spares as well?
Project Azm will take 10 to 15 years, focused on 5th Gen fighter jet but right now we need dual engine long range fighter jet to protect our port and also for deep strike missions inside enemy territory.

If they get good share then they will allow China happily just like engines for JF-17.

Project Azm will take 10 to 15 years, focused on 5th Gen fighter jet but right now we need dual engine long range fighter jet to protect our port and also for deep strike missions inside enemy territory.

Exactly. The argument is sound. We need a strong dual engine platform in the short term. Be it in smaller numbers. Pakistan has in the past been negotiating for a deal with the Russians for a good reason. There is a truly genuine requirement. This is not a luxury acquisition. Su-35 is the most realistic option out of the lot. If we compare the Su-35 with insanely expensive Western fighters it is worth every bang for the buck. At a minimum it delivers similar specs and even outshines at others. Cost wise it is also very much within our range as compared to other similar high performing platforms. The truth is that Pakistan simply doesn't have the resources to acquire Western platforms even if they were being sold. The American unwillingness to provide more F-16s is a blessing from God. I am 100% certain that Pakistan would today still have opted for F-16 if this was a possibility. Luckily it cannot due to American change of heart. This will force the air force to look for alternatives. The Su-35 is a dream platform for the naval outfit.

Last edited:

USA won't be a Pakistani ally or a friend until regional equations change. They have their ars beaten in Afghanistan, there isn't much we can do for them there - and post Afghanistan, USA has limited interest towards Pakistan and extensive interest towards India for it being anti-China. Stop looking towards USA, they were never reliable and now they are visibly anti-Pakistan.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom