What's new

Russian think tank calls for sale of Su-35 fighters to Pakistan

F-16 A/B replaced with F-35 world over is true to some extent, these airframes have had high flying hours and are deemed too expensive for MLU to block 52+ vs purchase and operations of F-35 which these countries committed to over a decade or so ago.

I think you are selling PAF F-16 MLU ( Upgraded to bloack 52+ ) short, but PAF wouldn't mind if you do.

PS: As for financing of EFT Trench-4 ?, if Pak is smart they can milk the GCC for whats its worth, $400-500 billion D F I, along with kitty for 72 EFT Trench-4 with Support and ammo. If GCC can bank roll Egypt's defence purchases and other investment then they can for sure afford to do same / better for Pak services.

No to F-35 and more F-16s. I would say no more to America stuff unless it’s dirt cheap and out any conditions.

Must work with Turkish and Chinese for true 5th generation option and Russia and Europe for stop gap 4.5 generation planes.

Any numbers confirmed for the SU-35 & how much sure we are that SU-35s are coming to Pakistan?

Other than thunders I realistically see any purchase beyond more thunders

Unless USA gives. You free aid to buy more block 52=

Even after arrival of raffales into sub continent I see nothing serious hitting paf until post 2025.

For the next seven to eight years your defensive posture and limited war under nuclear umbrella will be your order of the day .

The JFT block-3 is big upgrade because it will have 4++ gen radar and avionics and more refined NCW capability, so fielding those in good numbers will give Pakistan a potent defensive Force for it's smaller size against any 4++ gen fighter.

I totally agree with Jupiter2007 and Basal that
""Must work with Turkish and Chinese for true 5th generation option and Russia and Europe for stop gap 4.5 generation planes.
There are solid evidences in major newspapers that China,Turkey,Russia are willing to sell all kind of advances arms,planes,missiles,copters etc. They are also willing to offer payment plans too. Pak AF and goverment must buy those items.

I have this from the highest source in the company who were allotted this block and r the main drillers...
They are very excited n so much so that they think that this one find will change the destiny of Pakistan.
The result of all this is that our friends in the middleast r very worried n to put it mildly have their panties in a knot as this find will have direct bearing on their only source of income.
From highest sources?
Interim FM Hussain Harun first talked about that. There should be strong tell tale signs of the presence. It will be a boom it discovered in the quantity as anticipated.
....we can buy good 50-60 SU-35 :)
A very fine plane.
Country will prosper and spend on r&d and education.

There are no news to confirm that Pakistan has signed any agreement with Russia for SU35 jets.While F16 chapter is completely closed.
But today some news are here from Times of Islamabad.
"" Pakistan likely to buy Z-10ME combat attack helicopters fleet: Sources.25 Sep, 2018.
ISLAMABAD - The Z-10 attack helicopter variant, also referred to as the Z-10ME, is being manufactured by Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC).Defence experts believe that the new variant, which has a 1200 kW turboshaft engine compared to Z-10’s 935 kW, has entered into production following the successful trials of Z-10 in Pakistan in 2016. Pakistan’s efforts to beef up its military equipment through the purchase of 30 T129 and 12 AH-1Z attack helicopters might be hampered as the Coalition Support Fund (CSF) and Foreign Military Financing (FMF) programs stand cancelled, meaning that AH-1Z deal is off for now.
In this case, the new Z-10ME can serve as a viable alternative for Pakistan, if it opts to procure the low-cost yet fully-featured helicopters.""
What is your opinions?

There are no news to confirm that Pakistan has signed any agreement with Russia for SU35 jets.While F16 chapter is completely closed.
"" Pakistan likely to buy Z-10ME combat attack helicopters fleet: Sources.25 Sep, 2018.
ISLAMABAD - The Z-10 attack helicopter variant, also referred to as the Z-10ME, is being manufactured by Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC).Defence experts believe that the new variant, which has a 1200 kW turboshaft engine compared to Z-10’s 935 kW, has entered into production following the successful trials of Z-10 in Pakistan in 2016. Pakistan’s efforts to beef up its military equipment through the purchase of 30 T129 and 12 AH-1Z attack helicopters might be hampered as the Coalition Support Fund (CSF) and Foreign Military Financing (FMF) programs stand cancelled, meaning that AH-1Z deal is off for now.
In this case, the new Z-10ME can serve as a viable alternative for Pakistan, if it opts to procure the low-cost yet fully-featured helicopters.""
What is your opinions?

TOI isnt a reliable source and having 4 different types of attack helo is stupid
I wish they had gone for one type of attack helicopter and had asked for local production along with the investment in aviation sector.

What is your opinions?
So this news of the Z10 ME is a couple of weeks old and pak land just wants to buy it? No test, evaluations, no sign of local trials????? Hmm!! Something does not seem right. This is currently another we could, we should, we would, if, but, when, why story. J10 would have to be tried out again if we want to buy it. The engine needs to mature so this isnot as simple as that. We have a signed deal with Turkey and so far we have no official indication that there are problems with this deal.
A

useless.
in any way, Russian looks at India more lovely. maybe the latter is really rich.

useless.
in any way, Russian looks at India more lovely. maybe the latter is really rich.

Looking @ the economic situation in Pakistan, SU-35 coming to Pakistan will be big shock to both Pakistan and India.
RAW agent Nawaz Sharif has destroyed Pakistani economy in last 5 years. It will take new government next three years to do the damage control while improving institutions and bringing the local body system. We might start seeing a slow recovery after 3 years. We can only purchase big ticket item from Russia if economy improves and i am not see that anytime soon.

Su35 is not answer of S400, We need long range stealth fighter that can fire long range missile. If U.S.A agrees to sell F35 and if China agree to J20, then these are only two options to pick one of them. Su35, J31 is not answer of Indian S400 threat.
With passing time and improving economy, we will try China to agree for J20s.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom