What's new

Russian and Turkish Defence Delegations arrive in Islamabad

This is anatolia
Anatolia.jpg

Before the Seljuk Turks penetrated and conquered these lands it was Roman/Byzantine Empire.
600 AD
Roman_Empire_600_AD.PNG

ByzantineEmpire867AD4lightpurple.PNG

Above pic 867 AD

Then Seljuk Turks came from Asia and conquered the lands from the romans
mapoftheempireofgreatseao4.gif

Above pic 1100 AD

Seljuk Empire was succeeded by Ottoman Empire
ottoman-empire-1580.gif

And when Ottoman Empire was disintegrated after WW1 Turks led by Ataturk founded Turkish Republic in Anatolia in 1923
62501-004-2331EF6E.jpg

Above is today modern Turkey

So when were we the Turks, the successors of Seljuks and Ottomans colonized?

I want turkey and russia to be part of CPEC too so that we have tri support all weather :*

Military systems are no joke it will take time for them to sell anything serious to Pakistan so early we need to make them trust us with not just fake but honest and just.
For Turkey to be part of CPEC Iran has to join. We know the Pakistan had RCD highway that would have connected Pakistan with Turkey through Iran but it never proceeded as planned.

Our history of playing such roles and our good relations with Turkey along with the ties with Russians which are warming up. I wont be surprised if Pakistan had something to do with this.
May be this is true or just coincidence. However if this is true that Pakistan has played part in bringing the relations back to normal between Turkey and Russia then we would be seeing some thing that might change the dynamics of this region completely.

The roman empire, Constantinople!!
Wont that come under being colonized?
:(
Sir,
If you are talking about the land that is Present day Turkey then the Greek and Roman did occupy it. First the Romans took these lands from the Greek and then the Muslims took them from the Romans.

At the time these lands were not under the Ottoman Turks they were under other empires. If we consider that the Aryan empire ruled present day Pakistan, so we should call it a Persian colony. Still we prefer to called Pakistan a British Colony because they were the last one

The Ottoman Turk captured these lands and colonized them. They were free people and have been free ever since.

That is about perspective sir, point of view, matter of opinion, you sure are entitled to your own. However you cannot claims to know what "I meant" :)

I believe there is one, especially now that you explain it like this. My point was that these lands too were once rules by foreigners, people not native to these areas like the Romans. True that later the Turks came from central Asia and conquered these lands (would we call that colonization of these lands? )
Thanks for explaining this. :) :tup:
i think the correct word shld have been Hellenized...

ur answer lies in my post u quoted...read the last line again...

Things like that does not flow on pure expectations, these are calculated risks when the outcomes are already known

Sir i just pointed out the Roman rule and asked if you think that was not colonization? If so then why?
You gave one logic and i have already replied to that.

But by your logic of how Turkey was not colonized by Romans, the Chinese also made the Japs leave there country. Still that do not stops you from saying that China was colonized. Fact remains that foreign forces did rules over these lands!
sorry but you have gone completely :offpost:

so what's the agenda? fighter jets from russia wont be possible due to indian pressure on russia. turkey doesn't have any fighter jets to offer . most likely some deals of small arms and helicopters .

Lolz dir you are missing the point!!

I am talking about the land being colonized as you can see in all my posts!! What you say is like we Pakistanis stood up against the Brits and made leave the subcontinent and this we have never been colonized (remember there were no Pakistanis when the British rules this area)

I was talking about the land being occupied by foreign forces. You may want to read my previous posts if you are interested in understanding this.

Thk h dost hn hmare leken agr kisi bnday ku izzat ni ras arhe tu koi zarurat ni us ku izzat dne ke just because of the flags.

Hum ju bhe en se le rhe hn paise de kr le rhe hn muft me ni le rhe....ye koi ehsan ni kr rhe hum pr.

Ok then you need to update your history of Turkey before claiming Turkey has a colonial legacy. Turks came to Anatolia from the steppes of Altai mountain in the 11th century. We (seljuk turks) penetrated Armenia and entered Anatolia in mid 11th century. Seljuks defeated the chrisitan armies in almost all our battles in Anatolia. The most important blow to Roman presence was dealt in 1071 in battle of Malazgirt, 20.000 Turks defeated the 70.000 holy roman army consisting of Frankish, English, Norman, Georgian, Armenian, Bulgarian and so on.

From then on is history, we Turkified Anatolia and conquered all Roman cities in modern Turkey. The successor to Seljuk Empire, the Ottoman Empire, conquered the Roman Empires capital Constantinople in 1453 and ended the world's longest reigning empire.
Neither Ottoman Empire nor Turkey, the successor to the Empire has ever been colonized.

We haven't "reclaimed" any land. Those lands belonged to the Romans and we conquered those cities from the 11th century till today. You must understand Turks came to Anatolia (modern Turkey) from north Asia in the 11th century and conquered these lands. Since then those lands have belonged to us
But don't many Turks have non Turkish ancestry or were the natives all genocided when Turks came conquering?

Perhaps he meant that, but when you mention a word like colonization you put a complete different context into the picture. He put Turkey in the same category as colonized countries of Asia. Which makes no sense, Turkey has never been colonized by Europeans. Instead we have for centuries made up the only power that stood up against the bulkward of Western colonizers
Except when Mustafa Kamal Attaturk abolished the Caliphate, Turkey had resisted all other Western machinations, right?

positive development. to enhance further defence ties in shape of defence deals or joint ventures. turkey+china+russia=strongest bond.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom