What's new

Russian and Turkish Defence Delegations arrive in Islamabad

Ok then you need to update your history of Turkey before claiming Turkey has a colonial legacy. Turks came to Anatolia from the steppes of Altai mountain in the 11th century. We (seljuk turks) penetrated Armenia and entered Anatolia in mid 11th century. Seljuks defeated the chrisitan armies in almost all our battles in Anatolia. The most important blow to Roman presence was dealt in 1071 in battle of Malazgirt, 20.000 Turks defeated the 70.000 holy roman army consisting of Frankish, English, Norman, Georgian, Armenian, Bulgarian and so on.

From then on is history, we Turkified Anatolia and conquered all Roman cities in modern Turkey. The successor to Seljuk Empire, the Ottoman Empire, conquered the Roman Empires capital Constantinople in 1453 and ended the world's longest reigning empire.
Neither Ottoman Empire nor Turkey, the successor to the Empire has ever been colonized.

We haven't "reclaimed" any land. Those lands belonged to the Romans and we conquered those cities from the 11th century till today. You must understand Turks came to Anatolia (modern Turkey) from north Asia in the 11th century and conquered these lands. Since then those lands have belonged to us
Lolz dir you are missing the point!!

I am talking about the land being colonized as you can see in all my posts!! What you say is like we Pakistanis stood up against the Brits and made leave the subcontinent and this we have never been colonized (remember there were no Pakistanis when the British rules this area)

I was talking about the land being occupied by foreign forces. You may want to read my previous posts if you are interested in understanding this.

Lolz dir you are missing the point!!

I am talking about the land being colonized as you can see in all my posts!! What you say is like we Pakistanis stood up against the Brits and made leave the subcontinent and this we have never been colonized (remember there were no Pakistanis when the British rules this area)

I was talking about the land being occupied by foreign forces. You may want to read my previous posts if you are interested in understanding this.
I give up, you can't understand a very simple point.
Turks came to Anatolia (Modern Turkey) in the 11th century from Asia. We conquered these lands from 11th century up till about 17th century from Roman presence.

There was no colonization anywhere. Anatolia (modern Turkey) belonged to Roman Empire up till 11th century. From 12th century Turks came from Asia and conquered those lands.

As you can see no colonization have found place. Or can you?

I give up, you can't understand a very simple point.
Turks came to Anatolia (Modern Turkey) in the 11th century from Asia. We conquered these lands from 11th century up till about 17th century from Roman presence.

There was no colonization anywhere. Anatolia (modern Turkey) belonged to Roman Empire up till 11th century. From 12th century Turks came from Asia and conquered those lands.

As you can see no colonization have found place. Or can you?
Dear i am sorry but i really am not getting the point or perhaps it is you. I will again say that i have, from the very start, mentioned the land being colonized. Now saying that the land we call Turkey today belonged to Romans originally is absurd, you just need to look at the there name for crying out loud, "ROMANS" the land of Rome and Italy belonged to them if you read there history. Rest where are conquered lands that were colonized. The area we know as turkey was included. That is the simple thing i have been saying. Yes the Turks came later and recaptured those lands and i know that in quite some detail as reading Islamic History is a hobby and the Turk history is one glorious chapter. :)

He meant the territory,before the Turks came to Anatolia.
Finally,
Thank You!

He meant the territory,before the Turks came to Anatolia.
Perhaps he meant that, but when you mention a word like colonization you put a complete different context into the picture. He put Turkey in the same category as colonized countries of Asia. Which makes no sense, Turkey has never been colonized by Europeans. Instead we have for centuries made up the only power that stood up against the bulkward of Western colonizers

Unfortunately this do not changes the fact that our regions were colonized by foreign forces, just like Turkey was.
Mate, i think there is a misunderstanding.

Romans, ruled over Anatolia, true....During that time, We western Oghuz Turks were at the Central Asia....Didn't lived under occupation or under the rule of any foreigners...after 1071, Turks came to Anatolia. We drove them out claimed Anatolia as our own.

What you are saying is like "America was under Indian occupation"

the land being colonized
Explain to me in detail exactly which area was colonized and when, then we can take the discussion up from there.
. Now saying that the land we call Turkey today belonged to Romans originally is absurd
Modern Turkey's name was established in 1923. Before than there was not a country named Turkey. It was called Ottoman Empire. Before the Ottoman Empire, it was called Roman Empire. Before Roman Empire it was Greek. Before Greek it was Persian. Before Persian it was Hittite.

Yes the Turks came later and recaptured those lands
Seljuk Turks did not REcapture. Seljuk Turks conquered those lands. These lands DID NOT belong to the Seljuks before. It belonged to the ROMANS

Perhaps he meant that, but when you mention a word like colonization you put a complete different context into the picture.
That is about perspective sir, point of view, matter of opinion, you sure are entitled to your own. However you cannot claims to know what "I meant" :)

Mate, i think there is a misunderstanding.

Romans, ruled over Anatolia, true....During that time, We western Oghuz Turks were at the Central Asia....Didn't lived under occupation or under the rule of any foreigners...after 1071, Turks came to Anatolia. We drove them out claimed Anatolia as our own.

What you are saying is like "America was under Indian occupation"
I believe there is one, especially now that you explain it like this. My point was that these lands too were once rules by foreigners, people not native to these areas like the Romans. True that later the Turks came from central Asia and conquered these lands (would we call that colonization of these lands? )
Thanks for explaining this. :) :tup:

@Arsalan im waiting for answer to my question

Explain to me in detail exactly which area was colonized and when, then we can take the discussion up from there.

Perhaps he meant that, but when you mention a word like colonization you put a complete different context into the picture. He put Turkey in the same category as colonized countries of Asia. Which makes no sense, Turkey has never been colonized by Europeans. Instead we have for centuries made up the only power that stood up against the bulkward of Western colonizers
Just a misunderstanding.

Oh for God's sake mate, you are taking this way too personally as if i am somehow insulting Turks. I merely am pointing to the fact how these LANDS where rules by foreigners. By what you say, they still are ruled by non-native people.
AS for the name and area, take Istanbul area for example. It was ruled by Greeks, then Romans then the Turks, who would you call native and other then those native people wont all other be foreign forces ruling the land? This is all i mentioned. You took it on yourself that it was an attack on Turk pride. Remember as i said, i have studied enough the glorious chapter of Turk history related to Islam and that is something i myself is proud of being a Muslim. However i wont say that Istanbul have never been colonized and rules by foreign forces (never said that it was the Turkish people as we call today from which it was taken) Try and understand the difference between piece of land being rules by foreign forces and a nation being ruled. The later is not something that i have been talking about.

Modern Turkey's name was established in 1923. Before than there was not a country named Turkey. It was called Ottoman Empire. Before the Ottoman Empire, it was called Roman Empire. Before Roman Empire it was Greek. Before Greek it was Persian. Before Persian it was Hittite.

As for the name, I believe the USA was also not called USA when the Europeans first set foot on those shores, so would that mean that those lands were not colonized.

Seljuk Turks did not REcapture. Seljuk Turks conquered those lands. These lands DID NOT belong to the Seljuks before. It belonged to the ROMANS
So should we say that Seljuks colonized these Turk lands (the area we know today as Turkey)

Just a misunderstanding.
:lol:
He took it as some attack on Turkey which never was the intention.

Hopefully it is all explain now.

I believe there is one, especially now that you explain it like this. My point was that these lands too were once rules by foreigners, people not native to these areas like the Romans. True that later the Turks came from central Asia and conquered these lands (would we call that colonization of these lands? )
Thanks for explaining this. :) :tup:
Hımm, can be called colonization in our case.....I don't know..it was not like UK colonization....where they sit in England and colonize far lands....We came all together and began to live in Anatolia. Made it our home...I would call it invasion.

Anyways...i feel like this is an unnecessary discussion.

Main point is Turks never ruled by foreign nations.

Just a misunderstanding.
Thats the thing brother. I dont think its a misunderstanding i think he has no idea that Turkey wasnt Turkey before 1923. I dont think he understands that the Romans did not colonize or capture anything from the Ottoman Turks or Seljuk Turks.

Thats the thing brother. I dont think its a misunderstanding i think he has no idea that Turkey wasnt Turkey before 1923. I dont think he understands that the Romans did not colonize or capture anything from the Ottoman Turks or Seljuk Turks.
how many times wold i have to point out that it is not about "Turks" the nation!! I was pointing to the lands!!
Perhaps it you too are feeling the Roza!! Chill out, if my last post cant explain it to you i am not sure what else i can add.

He knows about Seljuk/Ottoman/Turkish history and he never claimed that the Romans colonized or captured anything from the Ottomans or Seljuks,trust me on this,its just a misunderstanding.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom