What's new

Russian and Turkish Defence Delegations arrive in Islamabad

:)
I feel that can work both way now right?
It is just that i wont argue any further on this and will be open that it MAY be me who misunderstood. You are free to believe that you were spot on if you want to. What i said make sense to me and from the response i got from many other posters here, they also understood the point perfectly, that is enough for me. Take care! :)

Says who?
They offered us MI-28 and three different Air Defence systems during IDEX 2014. Their delegation also gave briefing to our Military leaders

Actually he did..and also apologized to Israel..

He did not apologize to Israel. He did apologize to Russia. He should have as downing Russian plane was not justified.

I dont think Pakistan will go for a lumbering, expensive to maintain Su-35 as many people claim here.

They offered us MI-28 and three different Air Defence systems during IDEX 2014. Their delegation also gave briefing to our Military leaders
They showed the systems, they gave briefing and the manufacturers did so. This is not enough to confirm that the deal is going through and there wont be any opposition to it. I hope you can understand the difference.

They showed the systems, they gave briefing and the manufacturers did so. This is not enough to confirm that the deal is going through and there wont be any opposition to it. I hope you can understand the difference.
I have heard lot of things about Pantsir S2 being in Pakistan. Our interest in dual seater Mi-28 is pretty obvious.

I have heard lot of things about Pantsir S2 being in Pakistan. Our interest in dual seater Mi-28 is pretty obvious.
Dear if i remember correctly, the same sources started by pointing how we are interested in YAK trainer jets and stuff. This is how thing move in the world. Look at how many countries we associate our JF17 with!! Not every association means that we are sure to get that hardware. Much of these have nothing really happening at all while in many other things fall apart for one reason or another. Military procurement are as complete as any dealing can get and then some.

As for the the Mi-28, it comes ONLY is dual seat variant and there is no single seat version of this helicopter why mention "dual seat" while there is no other thing present? Do you mean dual control?
The question here is not "how" but "why". Do you really think that the army thinks they need a heavy attack helicopter? That is what it is. Wont the likes of T129 or WZ10 along with the Vipers (all medium-light attack helicopters) suite our needs and doctrine better? Traditionally we have always looked towards the medium-light category. You see that in Navy where the interest is in more multi purpose frigates rather then putting lots of investment in heavier destroyers. You see that in air force which have sort of made it a norm to go for light to medium single engine planes. Though the attack helicopters is a different ball game but quite frankly, it is one in which this approach makes the most sense. The viper, T129 and Z10 meet our requirement jut fine (given the tweaks are made that we need and remember that such tweaks might well be required with Mi28 as well). I am really not sure why army would be interested in going for a heavy attack helicopter from Russian when so many other options that meet our needs can be procured.

Dear if i remember correctly, the same sources started by pointing how we are interested in YAK trainer jets and stuff. This is how thing move in the world. Look at how many countries we associate our JF17 with!! Not every association means that we are sure to get that hardware. Much of these have nothing really happening at all while in many other things fall apart for one reason or another. Military procurement are as complete as any dealing can get and then some.

As for the the Mi-28, it comes ONLY is dual seat variant and there is no single seat version of this helicopter why mention "dual seat" while there is no other thing present? Do you mean dual control?
The question here is not "how" but "why". Do you really think that the army thinks they need a heavy attack helicopter? That is what it is. Wont the likes of T129 or WZ10 along with the Vipers (all medium-light attack helicopters) suite our needs and doctrine better? Traditionally we have always looked towards the medium-light category. You see that in Navy where the interest is in more multi purpose frigates rather then putting lots of investment in heavier destroyers. You see that in air force which have sort of made it a norm to go for light to medium single engine planes. Though the attack helicopters is a different ball game but quite frankly, it is one in which this approach makes the most sense. The viper, T129 and Z10 meet our requirement jut fine (given the tweaks are made that we need and remember that such tweaks might well be required with Mi28 as well). I am really not sure why army would be interested in going for a heavy attack helicopter from Russian when so many other options that meet our needs can be procured.
YAK was media not my source. My sources are turning out to be right. We are making lot of deals with Russia.Russia is keen to join CPEC.

YAK was media not my source. My sources are turning out to be right. We are making lot of deals with Russia.Russia is keen to join CPEC.
I was not talking about "your source" but the general rumor mill that is usually quoted. It includes media, members here on this and other military forums and also Facebook in case of some people. Plus to question that "source" i posted some logocal questions and it would be some sensible logical answers that would help us better accept this news rather then a claims that the sources have proven to be right. If this is to be a debate and discussion forum (which it is) then we have to act like that. However it it is a news blog then yes anyone can post any claims. :)
Dont you think?

I was not talking about "your source" but the general rumor mill that is usually quoted. It includes media, members here on this and other military forums and also Facebook in case of some people. Plus to question that "source" i posted some logocal questions and it would be some sensible logical answers that would help us better accept this news rather then a claims that the sources have proven to be right. If this is to be a debate and discussion forum (which it is) then we have to act like that. However it it is a news blog then yes anyone can post any claims. :)
Dont you think?
Russia is opening to us and their are two reasons behind it one is CPEC and 2nd is Indians growing affair with USA.

Russia is opening to us and their are two reasons behind it one is CPEC and 2nd is Indians growing affair with USA.
Still a statement. Would appreciate some logical explanation to the questions i posted about Mi28 sir. :) I would really really really appreciate a constructive debate from you that have something more then claims and wishes.

Here, i will post that again for you.

YAK trainer jets
Sir,
YAK, T50 and stored Czech trainer aircraft were looked at as LIFT platforms by PAF. Fortunately funds were a problem and some help from foreign JF-17 buyers demands of Duel Seat JF-17 PAF decided to deffer this procurement. Now JF-17 B is going to take the role of LIFT aircraft for PAF.

Wont the likes of T129 or WZ10 along with the Vipers (all medium-light attack helicopters) suite our needs and doctrine better?
Sir,
It would suit to the requirement of Pakistan but it might not allow Pakistan to develop heavy lift platforms. Moreover Heavy Lift technology from the US was denied to Pakistan after 2005 earth quake.

The question here is not "how" but "why"
NH90 is not available to Pakistan.
S-70 is not available to Pakistan.
Merlin is not available to Pakistan.
CH-47 is not available to Pakistan.
H-225 not available to Pakistan.
V-22 Osprey not available to Pakistan.

The solution is to go for Russian, Chinese or invest in a Domestic Helicopter. China is still trying to learn from the Russians to make a heavy lift helicopter hence it leaves Russia as the only option.

Now what would the utility of such platforms be...Well here are civilian projects that required heavy lift helicopters.

British_Airways_Helicopters_Boeing_234_G-BISP.jpg
bv234-columbia-fire1-2x.jpg
S-64advertising.jpg

Attachments

• British_Airways_Helicopters_Boeing_234_G-BISP.jpg
    British_Airways_Helicopters_Boeing_234_G-BISP.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 41
  • bv234-columbia-fire1-2x.jpg
    bv234-columbia-fire1-2x.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 33
  • S-64advertising.jpg
    S-64advertising.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 35
Actually this particular visit was not by a Russian defence delegation but a Trade delegation.

httpdailytimescompk/business/28-Jun-16/russia-keen-to-strengthen-trade-ties-with-pakistan

well Russia and central asian countries should also be part of CPEC.
And seriously if India wants a road to Afghanistan then it should also be considered. More we are in road connection business, more bargain position we are gaining.

You know now that you mentioned it I am actually thinking it's a really good idea to give india road access to a-stan now we could use it as a great opportunity troll them so hard.I mean they've worked so hard and spent billions on chabahar -Just Imagine if we suddenly allowed them transit how chabahar port would be undermined and make the indian effort a complete failure and waste.They would find the offer hard to down too since it would be so much cheaper and quicker lol

Trollface.png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom