What's new

Russian and Turkish Defence Delegations arrive in Islamabad

i think trade of ak-103 and mi-28 + rpg 29 tot

UK was the strongest supporter of Turkey in EU. Now with UK's Brexit, Turkey has no alternative but to expedite its desire to join SCO. It needs complete support of Russia to push it's case. Hence it decided to bury the hatchet with Russia.

If it is a Russian trade delegation, then why is the topic of thread is titled "Russian Defence Delegation".

" Defence Delegations of Russia and Turkey have arrived in Pakistan. They would meet senior Military leadership and also Defence and Defence Production ministers and would discuss possible future deals as well How to increase defence corporation between two countries."

Dear thank you for this valuable post but can you please read what i was saying? We were NOT talking about heavy lift helicopters :lol: It was HEAVY ATTACK helicopters sir!

Sir,
YAK, T50 and stored Czech trainer aircraft were looked at as LIFT platforms by PAF. Fortunately funds were a problem and some help from foreign JF-17 buyers demands of Duel Seat JF-17 PAF decided to deffer this procurement. Now JF-17 B is going to take the role of LIFT aircraft for PAF.
Something similar may happen again. Though the chances are slim but that should be enough to create that doubt and stop for stating things as certain.

Sir,
It would suit to the requirement of Pakistan but it might not allow Pakistan to develop heavy lift platforms. Moreover Heavy Lift technology from the US was denied to Pakistan after 2005 earth quake.
That was heavy transport helicopters not heavy attack helicopters as we were discussing.

NH90 is not available to Pakistan.
S-70 is not available to Pakistan.
Merlin is not available to Pakistan.
CH-47 is not available to Pakistan.
H-225 not available to Pakistan.
V-22 Osprey not available to Pakistan.

The solution is to go for Russian, Chinese or invest in a Domestic Helicopter. China is still trying to learn from the Russians to make a heavy lift helicopter hence it leaves Russia as the only option.

Now what would the utility of such platforms be...Well here are civilian projects that required heavy lift helicopters.
Attack,,,not transport!!

Please do read what the post is about before quoting and replying to it with such ambitious statements and claims dear. We were talking about attack helicopters and not transport helicopters. I really do not know what to make of this post. :disagree:

Perhaps you would like to read that original post again.

Dear thank you for this valuable post but can you please read what i was saying? We were NOT talking about heavy lift helicopters :lol: It was HEAVY ATTACK helicopters sir!

Something similar may happen again. Though the chances are slim but that should be enough to create that doubt and stop for stating things as certain.

That was heavy transport helicopters not heavy attack helicopters as we were discussing.

Attack,,,not transport!!

Please do read what the post is about before quoting and replying to it with such ambitious statements and claims dear. We were talking about attack helicopters and not transport helicopters. I really do not know what to make of this post. :disagree:

Perhaps you would like to read that original post again.
Sir
One design can be made to fulfill both tasks (Attack & Transport). Technology remains the same designs can be modified for various roles.

Understanding on how to build heavy lift platforms is the basic aim.
Utility is secondary.

Sir
One design can be made to fulfill both tasks (Attack & Transport). Technology remains the same designs can be modified for various roles.

Understanding on how to build heavy lift platforms is the basic aim.
Utility is secondary.
COME ON!!
Please!!
At least try to talk about something that makes a bit more sense then this. The argument was about attack helicopter, you just ignored that and were talking about transport helicopters. NO shame in admitting that it was a mistake. It would be much better for everyone involved rather then you trying to prove your point by further speculations, that will do nothing but take this discussion further away from reality.

I give up, you can't understand a very simple point.
Turks came to Anatolia (Modern Turkey) in the 11th century from Asia. We conquered these lands from 11th century up till about 17th century from Roman presence.

There was no colonization anywhere. Anatolia (modern Turkey) belonged to Roman Empire up till 11th century. From 12th century Turks came from Asia and conquered those lands.

As you can see no colonization have found place. Or can you?

But other parts of the Ottoman empire was colonized and from the ashes of the occupiers came the present day Arab state was it not?

and do the modern day Turks have any ambitions of re-establishing their historical empire and maybe even beyond like when your forefathers dreamed of conquering the whole of Europe or are you guys content with what you have right now?

But other parts of the Ottoman empire was colonized and from the ashes of the occupiers came the present day Arab state was it not?

and do the modern day Turks have any ambitions of re-establishing their historical empire and maybe even beyond like when your forefathers dreamed of conquering the whole of Europe or are you guys content with what you have right now?

Bro....why not open a separate thread???? let us have discussion regarding topic.....

The Arabic Peninsula was ruled by the Ottoman Empire up till the end of the First World War. Upon suffering defeat to the allied powers Ottoman signed the treaty of Sevres in 1920which partitioned the former Middle Eastern territories. Then in 1923 upon defeating the Allied occupiers in Anatolia we made an agreement with the allied powers in Lausanne, called the treaty of lausanna which carved up the modern Turkish Republic's borders.

In other words, i won't call middle East colonized by Allied Powers but occupied by Allied forces until they handed it over to Arabic prince and kings. But what we know as modern Turkey/Anatolia has never been colonized. It has only been occupied for 1-2 years like Germany was upon losing WW1 alongside Germany and Austria-Hungary aka the Triple Entite.
We are not interested in re-establishing our former empire. But we are very much interested in and engaged in projecting influence and power in former Ottoman territories. This is mostly done via Soft Power, aka media and economic power, since Turkey is the wealthiest country in East Europe, Middle East and West asia

UK was the strongest supporter of Turkey in EU. Now with UK's Brexit, Turkey has no alternative but to expedite its desire to join SCO. It needs complete support of Russia to push it's case. Hence it decided to bury the hatchet with Russia.

Turkey will not pursue EU membership anymore. The European central bankers are frustrated over Brexit vote and now they are pushing for a "superstate" initiative to keep other states from pulling out. Superstate meaning the whole European confederation will become a Federation, this will be a reality in not too distant future. Turkey's next best bet is alliance with Russia and become a part of OBOR project that is where Pakistan and china comes in. Pakistan will form stronger ties with Russia as backdoor diplomacy is working excluding few minor set backs while simultaneously playing a role in building Russo-Turk ties just like we did with USA and china.

COME ON!!
Please!!
At least try to talk about something that makes a bit more sense then this. The argument was about attack helicopter, you just ignored that and were talking about transport helicopters. NO shame in admitting that it was a mistake. It would be much better for everyone involved rather then you trying to prove your point by further speculations, that will do nothing but take this discussion further away from reality.
Sir,
I know you were discussing Heavy Attack Helicopters. But I wanted to elaborate position of Pakistan acquirement regarding technology to build heavy helicopters hence the earlier post. I Just wanted to give all members of PDF an alternate approach regarding this topic that was being disused.

Sir, we know very well that
1) Light and medium attack helicopters are enough to do the job at hand.

2) Helicopters would not be used against attacking helicopters.

3) Pakistan can not afford to have a very large fleet hence heavy attack helicopters can give the much needed fire power.

4) On the other hand Pakistan has been refused heavy transport helicopter in the past hence technology to develop this capability has to be acquired some how.

If you think this is not inline with the thread you can remove my posts to an other thread were a proper discussion can take place.

Sir,
I know you were discussing Heavy Attack Helicopters. But I wanted to elaborate position of Pakistan acquirement regarding technology to build heavy helicopters hence the earlier post. I Just wanted to give all members of PDF an alternate approach regarding this topic that was being disused.
That was quite irrelevant to be very open!
:)

Sir, we know very well that
1) Light and medium attack helicopters are enough to do the job at hand.

2) Helicopters would not be used against attacking helicopters.

3) Pakistan can not afford to have a very large fleet hence heavy attack helicopters can give the much needed fire power.

4) On the other hand Pakistan has been refused heavy transport helicopter in the past hence technology to develop this capability has to be acquired some how.

If you think this is not inline with the thread you can remove my posts to an other thread were a proper discussion can take place.
No i am not going to remove the post but i hope you grasp the concept that when you quote reply a post it is logical to talk about that. It is like we were discussing helicopters and you quote a post and state that "they are always late" now everyone is wondering what is late in the attack helicopters, it is the decision making, the arrival, the upgrades, the use by PAA, what!!! Only for you to come and say that "Oh no,, i was talking about trains that they are always late, nothing about attack helicopters"

Thank you for derailing the discussion.

Thanks!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom