What's new

Russia wins large contract to modernize Indian Su-30MKI fighters

what do you mean...by buying so much you are llojking for war in asia ...India is control asia and that truth..pakistan will not let them happen...Allah is with uis ///Inshalaah
Okay pal. Pakistan can do NOTHING about it- it has already begun.
The Super 30 will probably be the most advanced operational fighter in the world when inducted. The capabilities of this aircraft are simply insane.

I wouldn't go that far,but this UPG certainly cements MKI's position as 2nd best (after F-22) fighter a/c on the planet and by far the best 4.5 gen fighter.

I wouldn't go that far,but this UPG certainly cements MKI's position as 2nd best (after F-22) fighter a/c on the planet and by far the best 4.6 gen fighter.
I still think its RCS is a problem, but in upg, they are applying RAM, lets see what happens then....

I still think its RCS is a problem, but in upg, they are applying RAM, lets see what happens then....
Yes a signifcant amount of RAM will be applied and AESA radars inherently add a high degree of stealth by being able to jam and literally "fry" enemy radars.

I wouldn't go that far,but this UPG certainly cements MKI's position as 2nd best (after F-22) fighter a/c on the planet and by far the best 4.6 gen fighter.

The F-22 will still be the best air-to-air fighter in the world, but the Sukhoi has immense air-to-ground and will have Brahmos capabilities that the F-22 doesn't. In addition, the F-22 suffers from requiring a lot of maintenance per flight hour. Thus, the Super 30 will be a much more useful aircraft because of its overall capabilities.

4++ will be right....BTW 4.999999....:D

I wouldn't go that far,but this UPG certainly cements MKI's position as 2nd best (after F-22) fighter a/c on the planet and by far the best 4.5 gen fighter.

i would like to say, super mki will be the top jet on its class. with AESA radar and brahmos it will rule air and ground from the sky.......i guess it gonna be a true demon in the skies. anyways su-30mki got good shapes. a true dangerous beauty.

haters hate, but who cares them.

The F-22 will still be the best air-to-air fighter in the world, but the Sukhoi has immense air-to-ground and will have Brahmos capabilities that the F-22 doesn't. In addition, the F-22 suffers from requiring a lot of maintenance per flight hour. Thus, the Super 30 will be a much more useful aircraft because of its overall capabilities.
It's an overstatement, nobody can be the best in the world, plus if you are comparing a 5th gen and a 4.999999 gen aircraft, then, the 5th gen. aircraft will ofcourse have some better systems...

Good news, so it will be a 4.999999999999 generation aircraft now? :lol: just joking

More like 4.5++++ gen fighter!

Very valid points but there is a pretty strict list of requirements for an a/c to be considered a 5th gen fighter and the MKI (because it was built as a 4.5gen fighter and isn't intended to be a 5th gen fighter) which although the MKI does and with the SUPER UPG will do so even more will meet most of the requirements it will still fall short in a few areas (but will be damn close!). But the Super MKI will be a PERFECT complement to FGFA and will easlily rule the skies of Asia until the aforementioned arrives.

It's an overstatement, nobody can be the best in the world, plus if you are comparing a 5th gen and a 4.999999 gen aircraft, then, the 5th gen. aircraft will ofcourse have some better systems...

Actually the F-22 has only two things: stealth capability and supercruise capability. The systems that the Super 30 will receive are way beyond what the F-22 has. The same goes for its massive armament and easier maintenance.

Very valid points but there is a pretty strict list of requirements for an a/c to be considered a 5th gen fighter and the MKI (because it was built as a 4.5gen fighter and isn't intended to be a 5th gen fighter) which although the MKI does and with the SUPER UPG will do so even more will meet most of the requirements it will still fall short in a few areas (but will be damn close!). But the Super MKI will be a PERFECT complement to FGFA and will easlily rule the skies of Asia until the aforementioned arrives.

This is why I don't consider the 5th generation label to be of much value. While F-22 vs. Super 30 is debatable, there can be no doubt that the Super 30 will be superior to the future F-35, which is generally considered a fifth generation fighter. Even with its stealth, the F-35 will be spotted at long ranges by the amazing AESA radar that the Super 30 will have, and in terms of maneuverability and acceleration performance, the F-35 is outperformed by even the decades old Mig-29.

have you all also noted in that artical, where it says that the new k-100 A2A awacs killer missile are also part of super mki upgrade.

Actually the F-22 has only two things: stealth capability and supercruise capability. The systems that the Super 30 will receive are way beyond what the F-22 has. The same goes for its massive armament and easier maintenance.

This is why I don't consider the 5th generation label to be of much value. While F-22 vs. Super 30 is debatable, there can be no doubt that the Super 30 will be superior to the future F-35, which is generally considered a fifth generation fighter. Even with its stealth, the F-35 will be spotted at long ranges by the amazing AESA radar that the Super 30 will have, and in terms of maneuverability and acceleration performance, the F-35 is outperformed by even the decades old Mig-29.

I'm not under estimating a mki but I think stealth is a big,big factor and comparing it with the F35 is taking the entire debate a little too far.

RCS of the fighter was a concern to me I would have liked to see more changes in composites as well as ram coatings but this is one hell of a upgrade for the bird.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom