What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition, if you sit right next to a bear and irritate it, you would get mauled. The bear will certainly be the guilty one and be put down. But you should also learn a lesson. For God's sake, don't poke the bear, no matter how justified you think you are doing. Especially for those politicians because in the end, it is people who suffer from it.
I would agree with what you are saying if Russia did not have the practice of installing puppet gov. or invading ex-Soviet states. What do you think the Ukrainians are supposed to do when they see Russia invading Georgia? Do you not see the kind of rule in Belarus? The average Ukrainian cannot be blamed for feeling threatened because of such actions.

Chinas... betrayal?

If China will really betray Putin, we just walk over into now unguarded outer northeast, and quadruple our arable land.
And the West will even pay us money for that.
But Xi is sitting very tight in Zhongnanhai, and he will likely do so until he secures the 3rd term, and Russia-US brouhaha settles down. Which will be at least 3-4 years.
For these 3-4 years, Russia will be given the breathing space.

Interesting.
Patrick J Buchanan once said that Russia's far east/Siberia would be eventually gobbled up by China. Patrick also said that the two World Wars made the West really weak. And I bet he's agonized over the wars in Europe, including about the current one.

Russian economy is too small to have an impact.

Their (Russia's) goal is to beat the sanctions and get their economy to a level where it functions without any reliance on Western financial systems. The West manipulated the Ukrainian leadership in order to prevent the Russians from achieving those goals. The root causes of this war can be traced to this rivalry.

Now, their economy may not be huge, but both Iran and Russia have set precedence: You can survive and weather any Western-imposed sanctions. In essence, anyone who trades with them and China can virtually stay out of the Western financial systems. This is the biggest threat I see to the Western financial systems that were created after World War II. It won't be long before US sanctions will be meaningless to countries that are sanctioned because simply they'll have CIPS and SPFS available to them.

COVER UP THE IMAGES OF THE DEAD PLEASE!
Just delete the post.. the other tweets are worse..they show the faces too..

Or do a spoiler on it..please.. since i can't edit that post anymore..

Last edited:
I would agree with what you are saying if Russia did not have the practice of installing puppet gov. or invading ex-Soviet states. What do you think the Ukrainians are supposed to do when they see Russia invading Georgia? Do you not see the kind of rule in Belarus? The average Ukrainian cannot be blamed for feeling threatened because of such actions.
Still, don't poke the bear. It isn't about ideology. It is about reality because each person only have a few years to live on this planet. When a person dies, there is no coming back, unlike computers that can reboot over and over. Regardless how the average Ukrainians feel. They mostly choose to flee when the invasion started. Do you see 2.7 million Ukrainians march towards the battle field? In the end, it is always somebody else's blood.

Okay, this is very surprising....

Since the beggining of the invasion the Ukrainian Hryvnia increased it value by 60% to the Rubel (!)

Their (Russia's) goal is to beat the sanctions and get their economy to a level where it functions without any reliance on Western financial systems. The West manipulated the Ukrainian leadership in order to prevent the Russians from achieving those goals. The root causes of this war can be traced to this rivalry.

Now, their economy may not be huge, but both Iran and Russia have set precedence: You can survive and weather any Western-imposed sanctions. In essence, anyone who trades with them and China can virtually stay out of the Western financial systems. This is the biggest threat I see to the Western financial systems that were created after World War II. It won't be long before US sanctions will be meaningless to countries that are sanctioned because simply they'll have CIPS and SPFS available to them.

Difference is, that russian youth tasted freedom and now runs away from Russia. Who will putin build his giant gulag with, when all young and smart people ran away?

And yes they reciprocate equally or do you think their nuclear bombs don't work or they don't have second strike capability? So the argument the Chinese ability to fight world war is irrelevant as much as the western ability to fight it.

Stop smoking that weed man !!
Well somebody said that in case of WW3 Chinese have an exceptional ability to fight a war. I just said that they would to be able to fight any war as they would be obliterated. You may hold the view that Chinese army is able to withstand a nuclear attack and carry on as normal. This is your democratic right.

Yes but the problem was that Georgia had Abkhazia and South Ossetia and they both didn't want to be part of Georgia.

The Soviet Union changed a lot of regions by giving populations and areas to Republics and when the whole country dissolved,those areas became problems.

For example NKR in Azerbaijan,Crimea in Ukraine,something about Tajiks and Uzbeks I think? Or Kyrgyz and Uzbeks...
Moldova and Transnistria etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom