What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just delete the post.. the other tweets are worse..they show the faces too..
You are a mature poster, you know the policy on showing gore. It's not hard to click the spoiler button. Rules apply on this forum to us all. No need to throw a tantrum.

You are a mature poster, you know the policy on showing gore. It's not hard to click the spoiler button. Rules apply on this forum to us all. No need to throw a tantrum.
I know.. I just couldn't find the spoiler button..never used it before.. but now I know where it is..

Still, don't poke the bear. It isn't about ideology. It is about reality because each person only have a few years to live on this planet. When a person dies, there is no coming back, unlike computers that can reboot over and over. Regardless how the average Ukrainians feel. They mostly choose to flee when the invasion started. Do you see 2.7 million Ukrainians march towards the battle field? In the end, it is always somebody else's blood.
Of course, not everyone can fight. There will always be more people running away from bloodshed than those running towards it.

Back in 2015/2016, I remember having a conversation about this politics with a group of Ukrainian and Russian colleagues. The Ukrainians even at that time were genuinely worried about Putin's agenda. Luckily, the Russians around them were also not a fan of Putin. Ukrainians were saying that Putin will definitely invade, but Russians were saying that it will not happen. Fear will naturally drive them towards what they see as protection - NATO. Tough luck for them, NATO is not willing to offer protection. :undecided:

Yes but the problem was that Georgia had Abkhazia and South Ossetia and they both didn't want to be part of Georgia.

The Soviet Union changed a lot of regions by giving populations and areas to Republics and when the whole country dissolved,those areas became problems.

For example NKR in Azerbaijan,Crimea in Ukraine,something about Tajiks and Uzbeks I think? Or Kyrgyz and Uzbeks...
Moldova and Transnistria etc.
I don't know much about other ex-soviet states in the region. Just know about what Ukrainians that I know see as aggression from Putin. It is an existential key security concern for them. Their choices are driven by this necessity and not naivety as some people may think. :undecided:

Hey! Don't be strict to him!....naaaughty naughty! 😋

Check this out...

IMG-20220314-WA0005.jpg

We'd always feared the Russian army but this war has proven they aren't the threat we thought they were, I reckon NATO could walk all over them within about a week, I can see now why Putin is terrified of NATO.
They might be weak, but if they can expand to an unlimited degree because if nuclear blackmail, they they dont need to be stronger, they still get the job done.

Lol wut there's no comparison between Desert Storm and Russia vs Ukraine.
Lol wut. As so often, you missed the point. Note I said '...give China a new Desert Storm...' Because you never served, you missed the context of 'new'. So I will explain it to you.

Every war will garner attention and these are always the questions:
  1. Who are the combatants?
  2. What are the technologies, including new technologies?
  3. How are the technologies employed?
  4. What are the outcomes?
  5. Can we replicate the outcomes?
The last time were questions 1-4 with Desert Storm. Since then, no one came up with anything new.

When Xi ordered Poutine to invade Ukraine, he expected the Russian military to CREATE a new version of Desert Storm, one that used technologies unknown to the rest of the world and/or uniquely applied that no one thought of before. Take GPS, for one example. Who thought of coupling a GPS guidance unit to bombs? The US did. The world knew of the F-117, but never seen the jet applied to such a scale before. For decades, the world was continuously impressed about Soviet/Russian technologies, so Xi fully expected the Russian military to deliver a new version of Desert Storm and the Russian military failed regarding questions 2 to 4. The Russian military, Army and Air Force, performed as if it was in WW II, contrary to all the glossy brochures Russia have been handing out all these yrs. Russia sold China the proverbial 'bill of goods' and Xi gambled China's future on Poutine. And the Russian military failed. Russia will take Ukraine and make occupation, but that success will rest on sheer numerical superiority instead of innovations.

For the PLA's leadership, the generals are mouths agape with shock, and not of the positive kind. Without the positive answers from Russia on questions 2 thru 4, the PLA cannot answer question 5, especially regarding Taiwan. So the PLA have to go back to the old Desert Storm where it is uncertain if China can replicate the outcomes on what it has today. That is what I meant with 'new Desert Storm'. But I guess you got a few 'Likes' out of that misunderstanding and that was all that mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom