What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

EU has set itself a target to reduce 2/3 dependence on Russian gas by the end of this year :o:

Reactions: mmr
And what then ? Level minor cities?
Use kyiv as bargaining chip to take over Eastern Russian dominated Ukraine. Russia will take everything East of Dneiper and give back Kyiv. Thats the logical deal.

Yes Sanctions work sometimes but not against proud countries and especially not Russia.

Now that being said Could Ukraine become another Afghanistan for Russia? To early to say that but if we go by topography I would say no. The best element they have is Urban fighting which Russia can negate by levelling cities.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is relatively a new war and only 2 weeks old and we don't know yet how well Ukraine will react to the grind that will be telling of this conflict. The Longevity and patience of the Ukrainians which we don't know anything about yet but will have to find out about as this war continues

Bro i am convinced that Russia, or atleast Putin and his most closest confidants in the russian leadership, has choosen this path after calculating the effects.

I recommend everyone to read the book «Antifragilty» written by author Nicholas Taleb.
Its a profound book and yet so intuitive concept.

Basically there are systems in nature that are fragile, robust and third category: Antifragile, which are things, beings, systems, that not only survives during stress but in fact it THRIVES during stress. So much that if you remove stressors then a Antifragile system will simply become weak and fragile and dissolve. Antifragile systems MUST HAVE chaos and stress experiences in order to thrive.

Think about it; the human body and mind is essentialy a antifragile system. It only gets stronger by experiencing challenges. When a man get luxurious and lazy life, he simply becomes soft and weak.

This is what i believe Russian leadership, especially Putin have understood. He simply is letting Russia feel pain and scorn, so that Russia learns to manage and weather it, making it stronger and more independent.

Just to mention, there is a another metaphysical system that is also Antifragile. Can you guess what it is bro?
I will give a hint, it starts with I and ends with M….

Last edited:
1646868546467.png
:omghaha:

These foreign mercenaries going over from many European capitals going to create the European version of Al-Qaeda. Far right extreme, xenophobic groups with military experience, armoury and kills.

It is possible.
Saw an Indian strategist a couple of days ago saying that the abundance of the Stinger Missiles could likely end up in the wrong hands and down the road some European airports could become targets. Or weapons ending up with the ISIS/Al-Qaida types who must be sensing opportunity. In the fog of war, a lot happens.

It is possible.
Saw an Indian strategist a couple of days ago saying that the abundance of the Stinger Missiles could likely end up in the wrong hands and down the road some European airports could become targets. Or weapons ending up with the ISIS/Al-Qaida types who must be sensing opportunity. In the fog of war, a lot happens.

Absolutely.
This missiles could end up with harming NATO countries that border Ukraine.

Bro i am convinced that Russia, or atleast Putin and his most closest confidants in the russian leadership, has choosen this path after calculating the effects.

I recommend everyone to read the book «Antifragilty» written by author Nicholas Taleb.
Its a profound book and yet so intuitive concept.

Basically there are systems in nature that are fragile, robust and third category: Antifragile, which are things, beings, systems, that not only survives during stress but in fact it THRIVES during stress. So much that if you remove stressors then a Antifragile system will simply become weak and fragile and dissolve. Antifragile systems MUST HAVE chais and stress around it in order to thrive.

Think about it; the human body and mind is essentialy a antifragile system. It only gets stronger by experiencing challenges. When a man get luxurious and lazy life, he simply becomes soft and weak.

This is what i believe Russian leadership, especially Putin have understood. He simply is letting Russia feel pain and scorn, so that Russia learns to manage and weather it, making it stronger and more independent.

Just to mention, there is a another metaphysical system that is also Antifragile. Can you guess what it is bro?
Il vive a hint, it starts with I and ends with M….

Soviet union was an Antifragile state and workhorses. It honestly works majority of the time.

Example Allah himself caused antifragility in Medina and they were put under 50 years of civil war before Muhammad came to them in that city where men became extremely disciplined to the point where he would sleep on time and wake up early and into the frontline on repeat and inspect the frontline etc etc. They started to live in a highly militaristic disciplined lifestyle.. By the time he reached them and in fact they sought after him from another city as mediator to just stop this sickening lifestyle they find themselves in and it was nonestop brutal civil war.

The question is why? They were being prepared for a bigger goal then just Arabia but to storm the world but they didn't know that at all but it was divine work they have been made into gladitors out of life necessity. They never lost 1v1 duals in international conflicts because they were just so damn good and overly trained because a militaristic lifestyle was forced upon them for over a half-century..

The blitzkrieg ended around late 700s AD because they started to go with luxury lifestyle and wealth hence majority of the old-school in that time were always romanticising their hard-life and anti-fragility lives in poems and several books with a touch of nostalgia as they became overly wealthy but these holding out felt like a dying breed who were vocal people like Abu Darda he never left that lifestyle despite becoming a governor and publically lamenting and shaming all these who left this life-style and accepted luxury.. He was all about the grind and tear despite being the governor of a major city he chose to live in a poor-mans house with only few garments as his sole belongings he was just about that life whereas some of his other friends and now governors themselves in other cities lived in palaces with 100s of concubines and workers serving them with plenty of gold to the point where some of them had parts of their inner houses build with gold blocks

Last edited:
NATO can monitor developments in Ukraine in real time with its extensive surveillance apparatus. Others are not in the position to do this.

Reports such as these:

- are informed by observations through surveillance apparatus.
No doubt they can and so can Russia. My point is that they are deducing things on the ground according to how they would do things. Russia has a very different approach to warfare. Russia is willing to lose soliders, and lots of them, just to achieve an objective. The West, does not have appetite for such an approach and so use air power to devastating effect.

Russian way of war is most costly in terms of lives but financially more affordable. The West way of war is financially draining with reduced cost in war. That is why it is entirely possible that the Russian war effort will continue despite the sanctions. Of course, the sanctions are intended for many different effect to throw a spanner in the war effort but if Russia can control those other effects, its military will still be in a position to continue the war of attrition in Ukraine.

That is why the assessment that West makes is often very much skewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom