What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video here shows about ~eight VDV airborne infantry combat vehicles abandoned in a field with the missiles still in the launchers. A understrength VDV company abandoned their gear intact & went walk-about?!? What the h--l, over?

GENERAL MUDD? OR COMMANDER IN THIEF?

https://****/dvish_alive/9242

The video here shows about ~eight VDV airborne infantry combat vehicles abandoned in a field with the missiles still in the launchers. A understrength VDV company abandoned their gear intact & went walk-about?!? What the h--l, over?

GENERAL MUDD? OR COMMANDER IN THIEF?

HERE GOES ANOTHER ONE..
1646867222934.png

Sanctions work sometimes and sometimes not. Has sanctions worked against North Korea? No. Worked against Serbia? Yes.

Problem with EU-US sanctions on such a massive scale is that its beyond the treshold of having a coercive effect.

Russia now is in a existential mode. What does it has to loose? Nothing. It has everything to win by keeping this war going. As Putin said, Russia will be sanctioned anyway so he dosent care anymore.

Btw, somebody here mentioned Ukraine as a potential Afghanistan replay for Russia. Well it could be.

OTOH this could also be in Russian favour. First of all Ukraine has totally different geography compared to Afg., as Ukraine has few mountains and a terrain thats familiar and similiar to the Russian homeland. Its the birthplace of Kievan Rus after all.

To me this war is akin to American Civil War. Essentially a intra civilization war. While the southern states were mostly blocked from recieving foreign aid (vast oceans), Ukraine is a different story. Thats why this conflict is so complex and potentially unpredictable. Russia could use armed irregular volunteers or similar forces to actually increase its influence, first in Ukraine, then in forexample Poland.

What happens if a fighting between irregular forces takes place along the NATO border and it slowly intensified and spread to Poland, Baltic, Romania etc.

Last edited:
Sanctions work sometimes and sometimes not. Has sanctions worked against North Korea? No. Worked against Serbia? Yes.

Problem with EU-US sanctions on such a massive scale is that its beyond the treshold of having a coercive effect.

Russia now is in a existential mode. What does it has to loose? Nothing. It has everything to win by keeping this war going. As Putin said, Russia will be sanctioned anyway so he dosent care anymore.

Btw, somebody here mentioned Ukraine as a potential Afghanistan replay for Russia. Well it could be.

OTOH this could also be in Russian favour. First of all Ukraine has totally different geography, few mountains and a terrain thats familiar to the Russian homeland. Its the birthplace of Kievan Rus after all.

To me this war is akin to American Civil War. Essentially a intra cuvilization war. While the southern states were mostly blocked from recieving foreign aid (vast oceans), Ukraine is a different story. Thats why this conflict is so complex and potentially unpredictable. Russi could use armed irregular volunteers or similar forces to actually increase its influence, first in Ukrsine, then in forexample Poland.

What happens if a fighting between irregular forces takes place along the NATO border and it slowly intensified and spread to Poland, Baltic, Romani etc.

Yes Sanctions work sometimes but not against proud countries and especially not Russia.

Now that being said Could Ukraine become another Afghanistan for Russia? To early to say that but if we go by topography I would say no. The best element they have is Urban fighting which Russia can negate by levelling cities.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is relatively a new war and only 2 weeks old and we don't know yet how well Ukraine will react to the grind that will be telling of this conflict. The Longevity and patience of the Ukrainians which we don't know anything about yet but will have to find out about as this war continues..

Khalid banu Walid famously once said ''God was testing our resolve and patience with the grind but now is the time to strike''

George Galloway/Scott Ritter. A belief that if the Ukraine doesn't accede to Russia's demand tomorrow's meeting in Turkey, the Russians will change their 'softly softly' tactics and use far greater firepower.

1646867709950.png

$$$$$$$$$$ STUCK IN MUDD.

the trucks use “Chinese military tires, and I believe specifically the Yellow Sea YS20.”

“This is a tire I first encountered in Somalia and Sudan. it’s a bad Chinese copy of the excellent Michelin XZL military tire design,

I have lots of skepticism about reports claiming to explain Russia's poor military performance. But it makes me smile to think it's because they bought cheap tires from China. How cheap Chinese tires might explain Russia's 'stalled' 40-mile-long convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom