What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is how to gave them in enough number to have effect. Ukraine had many of those but it took two to three days for them to get neutralized.

And again I say what I believe you can't win against Russia by Russian weaponry and you can't win against USA by American weaponry and you can't win against china by Chinese weaponary.if you want to see effect you must send in western airplane and then pop up the bigger question of who gonna pilot them
Neutralize? Who says anything about neutralize. Didn't the Russians claim they shot down a handful Ukrainian jets yesterday? Ukraine lost aircraft but their air force is not neutralized.

The question is how to gave them in enough number to have effect. Ukraine had many of those but it took two to three days for them to get neutralized.

And again I say what I believe you can't win against Russia by Russian weaponry and you can't win against USA by American weaponry and you can't win against china by Chinese weaponary.if you want to see effect you must send in western airplane and then pop up the bigger question of who gonna pilot them

Well this is not about winning or losing, this is about Ukrainian sapping Russian strength and morale and in wait for a certain insurgency. As I said before, even with those blunder, there are virtually no way Ukraine can win a war with Russia when they are next door. (I believe I said 80% Russia will win on day 7, the probability to win is 80% when I said it on day 7, not80% they will win on day 7)

The question now is how demoralise Russian troop is going to be when they win, this factor dictate the tempo of the coming insurgency. The key is going to be how Ukrainian don't want to be Russian, the more they bomb and the more the Russia engage and attack in Civilian sector, the more they are pulling away from Russian.

, if Putin have some trick up in his sleeve, he is not showing.

And beside the economic stuff, everything I said WILL happen after Russia conquered and occupied Ukraine, which make people wonder why Putin is willing to do that.
Well there is still the option of targeting civilians like how NATO do it and blame it on bad Intel . Hope it don't come to that and always there is the option of good old fashioned carpet bombing and interestingly Russia inventory of iron bombs are a lot more suitable for that approach.

Neutralize? Who says anything about neutralize. Didn't the Russians claim they shot down a handful Ukrainian jets yesterday? Ukraine lost aircraft but their air force is not neutralized.
I don't see them in sky so whatever happened to them they are effectively neutralized. Just like Saddam air force buried under sand

I don't see them in sky so whatever happened to them they are effectively neutralized. Just like Saddam air force buried under sand
But the Russians...they claimed they shot down a handful of Ukrainian jets yesterday...

Just older upgraded stuff, Russia had keep supplying parts to EU nation who flew them. There are a few of them are still frontline fighter (Bulgaria for example).
Those jets are already showing their age not sure it would be wise of NATO alliance to keep their frontline states so underequipped
I heard Poland was offered F-16 but I am not sure if that is an actual proposal or just chatter to keep Russia on edge

Well there is still the option of targeting civilians like how NATO do it and blame it on bad Intel . Hope it don't come to that and always there is the option of good old fashioned carpet bombing and interestingly Russia inventory of iron bombs are a lot more suitable for that approach.

I don't see them in sky so whatever happened to them they are effectively neutralized. Just like Saddam air force buried under sond
This is not about NATO or Russian perspective, this may work on the outside third party (like you and me) but it won't work in Ukraine, because you are bombing them, anything you said is going to be an excuse, would you think it is normal for Ukrainian look at the Russian after they bomb their apartment build and said "Aim better next time?"

That did nothing but increase financial burden when they eventually captured those city (as they are going to need to rebuild it) and piss off the local population.
The thing is I think Putin will cause destruction in Keiv and after causing a lot of destruction they will create a buffer state where ethnic Russians will be used as proxies to control that region
It's like American in Iraq and Afghanistan, the more you bomb the people, the more they hated you, and the more they resist, and in turn, you bomb them some more.....
They dont want to win hearts and minds they jsut want to weaken Ukraine to such a degree that it barely functions and I do think that post war Ukraine will be in a horrible state with so much of its coast turned into a warzone

Those jets are already showing their age not sure it would be wise of NATO alliance to keep their frontline states so underequipped
I heard Poland was offered F-16 but I am not sure if that is an actual proposal or just chatter to keep Russia on edge
Well, they needed money to buy more advance jet, everyone want the latest and most expensive stuff, but can they afford them is another issue. And traditional EU country do not care about their Military to invest in it, they have been neglecting that for a very long time, and this war is going to make EU people think Europe is not secure as they think, not at all.

That is why all the money coming in.

these old fighters wont defeat Russia all by themselves. But before they are destroyed they will cause some damage to Russia and prolog this thing a little longer. The aim is to drag this thing out until Russia collapses or gives up.

It may be an alliance but its not like all the countries have a hundred billion dollar budget. Britain for example have a hard time keeping a tank force. Not sure why they trying to keep upgrading them when they are reducing them in large numbers.

The thing is I think Putin will cause destruction in Keiv and after causing a lot of destruction they will create a buffer state where ethnic Russians will be used as proxies to control that region

They dont want to win hearts and minds they jsut want to weaken Ukraine to such a degree that it barely functions and I do think that post war Ukraine will be in a horrible state with so much of its coast turned into a warzone
They do if they have to deal with insurgency.

The formula is simple, the more you have done to deal damage on the country, the more they are going to fight back, the time of the losing side kowtow to the winner is long gone, we have not fought any war like that since 1982 when British fought the Argentinian in Falklands, and that's because the local population is basically British...

Well, they needed money to buy more advance jet, everyone want the latest and most expensive stuff, but can they afford them is another issue. And traditional EU country do not care about their Military to invest in it, they have been neglecting that for a very long time, and this war is going to make EU people think Europe is not secure as they think, not at all.

The irony of being NATO has made them complacent.

Well this is not about winning or losing, this is about Ukrainian sapping Russian strength and morale and in wait for a certain insurgency. As I said before, even with those blunder, there are virtually no way Ukraine can win a war with Russia when they are next door. (I believe I said 80% Russia will win on day 7, the probability to win is 80% when I said it on day 7, not80% they will win on day 7)

The question now is how demoralise Russian troop is going to be when they win, this factor dictate the tempo of the coming insurgency. The key is going to be how Ukrainian don't want to be Russian, the more they bomb and the more the Russia engage and attack in Civilian sector, the more they are pulling away from Russian.
If you want to demoralizing Russia the way is popping them with sniper weapon antimaterial rifle ,atgm and Man-Pads that's what make an effective insurgency.
Sending airplanes that will get destroyed only increase the morals . Just think about the photos of destroyed western supplied airplanes on Russian medias . To me they act as moral booster . But even you capture 90 percent of those I said it won't increase moral as much they are just some guns in untrained eyes . But the casualties they can inflict are devastating to moral of the Frontline and back home.

Last edited:

With all this ramping up of military spending i Eastern Europe it would be interesting to see which platforms they choose for modernization of their airforce as I dont think they can continue with older migs for long

antibacterial rifle
What?

these old fighters wont defeat Russia all by themselves. But before they are destroyed they will cause some damage to Russia and prolog this thing a little longer. The aim is to drag this thing out until Russia collapses or gives up.
A lot of battle Ukrainian fought is either a spoiling attack or delay action. That show you how they think they win their war....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom