What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also the ignore option. You can't stand with someone's gibberish, put the cursor on their profile and clock ignore. Bingo, you won't see their gibberish any more. Sigh of relief for not seeing their diarrhea. I'm pretty sure @gambit is a big candidate for being ignored. He is telling people "You don't agree with me, leave America". What kind of gibberish is that?
Am going to give you a critical clue on debating on the internet.

Whenever I debate people, I have literally ZERO interest in changing their minds. For every participant about any subject, there are unknown number of silent readers out there. They read you, me, and who knows who else. They do not ignore anyone. They seek information and opinions from all sides. It is these silent readers, never you, that interests me.

Who are you and why are you so important that your disregard for me causes me anxiety? Zip. You are a nobody to me. If I quote you, it is not because I care about your opinion. I quote you so that the silent readers out there can have a point of reference. Then they can research regressively if they want. Personally, I received many emails from people asking for clarifications and I ALWAYS respond. So why the hell should I care if you ignore me or not? You flatter yourself too much. :lol:

So much for the sanctions:

"US Treasury has withdrawn businessman Alisher Usmanov’s companies from sanctions lists" . . . except for Dilbar and Bourkhan :lol:
What is he a pathann or something? دلبر , بور خان

Sanctions on tycoon’s empire dropped except for yacht and jet

I reckon that even other sanctions will stay on paper, on TV, while under the table a lots of business will go on.
a lot of tartar people use Khan but add ov onto the end of the name I.e ; Aleksandr Khanov.

This might be the VDV that were neutralized today by the Ukrainian forces...

Vehicles certainly look the same as the ones shown in the tweet by pro Ukrainian accounts.

Really? Does NATO have developed and combat deployed hypersonic weapons?
What does this prove?

In regarding weapons development and deployment, here is my take on it...

I hope they succeed and it will be very soon,
It is really important that both sides come to the table. But unless both sides can come to an agreement that is mutually beneficial it’s not going to work.

And based on the assessment of people far more aware of the complexities of this conflict and campaign- the Russians are now looking for a complete crushing defeat of the Ukrainians.

Madness.

View attachment 820930
500lbs bomb rendered safe and removed by Ukrainian EOD Techs.
I have serious doubts about this image...

General-purpose bombs are often identified by their weight (e.g., 500 lb, 227 kg). In many cases this is strictly a nominal weight (the counterpart to the caliber of a firearm), and the actual weight of each individual weapon may vary depending on its retardation, fusing, carriage, and guidance systems. For example, the actual weight of a U.S. M117 bomb, nominally 750 lb (340 kg), is typically around 820 lb (372 kg).​
Even if the innards are completely removed, the outer casing may still be too heavy for one man to shoulder. There is something funky about this.

Washington Post: Russian forces are advancing rapidly towards Kyiv from the east and could attack the city within the next 24 hours.

I have serious doubts about this image...

General-purpose bombs are often identified by their weight (e.g., 500 lb, 227 kg). In many cases this is strictly a nominal weight (the counterpart to the caliber of a firearm), and the actual weight of each individual weapon may vary depending on its retardation, fusing, carriage, and guidance systems. For example, the actual weight of a U.S. M117 bomb, nominally 750 lb (340 kg), is typically around 820 lb (372 kg).​
Even if the innards are completely removed, the outer casing may still be too heavy for one man to shoulder. There is something funky about this.
It’s on some sort of hoist if you look at the image. But you know better about aerial munitions so I will accept your assessment. 🙂

Now, if you want to make such a law, then you must descent down one level, the practical or situational level, and justify why you must restrict speech based only on this situation. You cannot yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater when there is no fire, that is the law. But if you are in the middle of the ocean, then yell 'Fire' all you want. The law say nothing about the latter situation, so it is implicit that you are allowed to yell 'Fire' if you are alone in the middle of the ocean.

Islam also allows freedom of both speech and religion but disallows situational aspectcs if it contradicts islamic laws.

This may look like a debate about religion but in fact i have denied that Islam is a religion. For metaphysically Islam is as much or as little a religion as Americanism is a religion or the US constitutionalism is a religion. Its all about the perception and semantics.

In classical islamic civilization, the constitution and the state is islam itself. Thats why often its hard for westerner to understand what we are talking about. Islam is not comparable to christianity and it has no clergy. In other words Islam is a «decentralized statebuilding philosophy» where the president has to be elected through public approval and be a learned and wise person (sounds like a democracy right?)

In a ideal islamic state you are allowed to practice any religion or even be atheists but you are not allowed to blaspheme openly, because blaspheming means treachery against the islamic constitution and wellbeing of its inhabitants. You are allowed to do what you like when you are alone in private, criticize the president and anyone in public, even openly debate the basis of the islamic law itself - which was quite normal in muslim societies. But you are NOT allowed to express or speak in public in such a manner that it would create anarchy, harm families, lead to people harming themselves or others etc.

In America also you are not allowed to instigate people to do acts that corrupt the state and its apparatus and peoples interests (Instigating robbery or arson, Snowden types etc.)

Last edited:
"Because of US ... "

Millions have been sent to hell

Ukraine is the last country in the long line of this colossal and deadly plutocratic-oligarchic military Empire founded in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, heir to the British empire

A neutral Ukraine was beneficial for all: beneficial for Ukrainians, for Russians and for Western Europeans. The only losers were the fanatics in London and Washington

The freedom to spread Chaos and terror across the face of the earth

Gambit

a lot of tartar people use Khan but add ov onto the end of the name I.e ; Aleksandr Khanov.

Vehicles certainly look the same as the ones shown in the tweet by pro Ukrainian accounts.
So this is what they mean by "heavy machine gun" in metal slug lol

Islam also allows freedom of bott speach and religion but disallows situational aspectcs if it contradicts islamic laws.

This may look like a debate about religion but in fact i have denied that Islam is a religion. For metaphysically Islam is as much or as little a religion as Americanism is a religion or the US constitutionalism is a religion. Its all about the perception and semantics.

In classical islamic civilization, the constitution and the state is islam itself. Thats why often its hard for westerner to understand what we are talking about. Islam is not comparable to christianity and it has no clergy. In other words Islam is a decentralized statebuilding philosophy where the president has to be elected and be a learned and wise person (sounds like a democracy right?)

In a ideal islamic state you are allowed to practice any religion or even be atheists but you are not allowed to blaspheme openly, because blaspheming means treachery against the islamic constitution and wellbeing of its inhabitants. You are allowed to do what you like when you are alone in private, criticize the president and anyone in public, even openly debate the basis of the islamic law itself - which was quite normal in muslim societies. But you are NOT allowed to express or speak in public in such a manner that it would create anarchy, harm families, lead to people harming themselves or others.

In America also you are not allowed to instigate people to do acts that corrupt the state and its apparatus and peoples interests (Instigating robbery or arson, Snowden etc.)
Are you Tarrant's lost child?

Washington Post: Russian forces are advancing rapidly towards Kyiv from the east and could attack the city within the next 24 hours.

It’s on some sort of hoist if you look at the image. But you know better about aerial munitions so I will accept your assessment. 🙂
You are correct about the hoist. But as far as defusing an unexploded ordnance go, this is still odd.

Rarely, the specifics of a munition or bomb will allow the technician to first remove it from the area. In these cases, a containment vessel is used. Some are shaped like small water tanks, others like large spheres. Using remote methods, the technician places the item in the container and retires to an uninhabited area to complete the neutralization. Because of the instability and complexity of modern bombs, this is rarely done. After the munition or bomb has been rendered safe, the technicians will assist in the removal of the remaining parts so the area can be returned to normal. All of this, called a Render Safe Procedure, can take a great deal of time. Because of the construction of devices, a waiting period must be taken to ensure that whatever render-safe method was used worked as intended.​
I talked to a few guys from Eglin AFB who been deployed and they said they preferred to clear the area and detonate. Large bombs that failed on ground impact are more unstable than IEDs. There are plenty of stories on how they found WW II era bombs that are still dangerous.

You are correct about the hoist. But as far as defusing an unexploded ordnance go, this is still odd.

Rarely, the specifics of a munition or bomb will allow the technician to first remove it from the area. In these cases, a containment vessel is used. Some are shaped like small water tanks, others like large spheres. Using remote methods, the technician places the item in the container and retires to an uninhabited area to complete the neutralization. Because of the instability and complexity of modern bombs, this is rarely done. After the munition or bomb has been rendered safe, the technicians will assist in the removal of the remaining parts so the area can be returned to normal. All of this, called a Render Safe Procedure, can take a great deal of time. Because of the construction of devices, a waiting period must be taken to ensure that whatever render-safe method was used worked as intended.​
I talked to a few guys from Eglin AFB who been deployed and they said they preferred to clear the area and detonate. Large bombs that failed on ground impact are more unstable than IEDs. There are plenty of stories on how they found WW II era bombs that are still dangerous.

I’ll agree with you about UXO handling. I’ve done an EOD course myself so I do appreciate what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom