What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent seen any metal tags from dead bodies during this war. Do Russian-Ukranian troops use metal tags?

Media is speech. Money is speech. The AARP is a lobby for seniors and they need money to speak for the elderly. Is that wrong?

Speaking from a strictly non-moralistic POV its probably not wrong.

It just happens to be that there will always be someone who is more smarter, clever, ruthless in their hunger for money and power. If we think its OK, fair and good for the common people that a few individuals can control a nation and manipulate the population as they wish, then why should it be called a democracy? What you have is actually a plutocracy or oligarchy who throw some bones at the peasantry and keep them busy with entertainment and illusion that voting matter.

I havent seen any metal tags from dead bodies during this war. Do Russian-Ukranian troops use metal tags?
Yes they do. I’ve seen a lot of images on Twitter showing Russian paper IDs

The US did not invade Cuba and the Soviet Union PEACEFULLY removed the missiles after negotiations.

The Cuban Missile Crisis actually supports our argument. Yes, we did pressured Cuba to the extent that we did a naval blockade on the island. But at the same time, we negotiated with the Soviet Union on how to resolve the crisis PEACEFULLY. In the end, we left Cuba alone to this day. Whereas, Russia seduced/convinced Ukraine to give up nuclear weapons in exchange for sovereignty. All parties worked peacefully. Now Russia invaded Ukraine because Poutine wanted to make a name in Russian history. Not because of perceived NATO threat.
Loooool...Bay of pigs? That wasn't your terrorist country then?

That is what scares me and that is the thrust of my original post. Old farts sitting on TV pointing at maps doesn’t hide the fact that the the people of Ukraine are in a very difficult position.

Forget anything I say about politics or military or or that nonsense. As a human it pains me to see what is happening and all that is offered are warm words and things that go boom.

Like a clip said “we will fight Russia there so we don’t have to fight Russia here”…

Those who cheer for war, have never seen it.

I knew a simple soldier boy
Who grinned at life in empty joy,
Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
He put a bullet through his brain.
No one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.

Siegfried Sassoon

Those who cheer for war, have never seen it.

I knew a simple soldier boy
Who grinned at life in empty joy,
Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
He put a bullet through his brain.
No one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.

Siegfried Sassoon
Exactly 21 years of conflict in Pakistan and on our western border has taught me and many other Pakistanis much. But some still fail to see the pointlessness in war, war it is perhaps the oldest, most archaic and intrinsically primitive method of settling arguments.

You are here essentialy describing freedom speech in Islam.
Close, but not quite.

You said so yourself that Islam put situational constraints on speech because of certain VIRTUES. Am not going to challenge that aspect of your religion.

What is a 'virtue'? What we casually use the word 'virtue' is actually something that is desirable. For example, having a family is desirable, so a family is VIRTUOUS, meaning what we should aspire to have. A truth or fact is not a 'virtue' but being truthful and factual is VIRTUOUS. Am not being pedantic but the difference is critical to remove misunderstanding.

The difference between what Islam teaches to desire and what the US Constitution say is that the US Constitution have literally no constraint. The First Amendment simply say:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​
The First says nothing about what are desirable or VIRTUOUS traits, behaviors, customs, or situations. The First simply forbid Congress to make any law that restrict speech.

Now, if you want to make such a law, then you must descent down one level, the practical or situational level, and justify why you must restrict speech based only on this situation. You cannot yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater when there is no fire, that is the law. But if you are in the middle of the ocean, then yell 'Fire' all you want. The law say nothing about the latter situation, so it is implicit that you are allowed to yell 'Fire' if you are alone in the middle of the ocean.

This 'virtue' or 'virtuous' based misunderstanding of the First Amendment is why so many people make flawed criticisms and comparisons to their current beliefs.

RT shutdowns & Russia Ukraine conflict March 4 Update
watch

1646438852698.png

500lbs bomb rendered safe and removed by Ukrainian EOD Techs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom