What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do you think they will try to take the whole of Moldova or just link up with transnistria
The Prinistrovian Republic (Transnistria) is not officially recognized by Russia, but recognized by another legitimacy-problematic states, created by Russia (Abazia, Ossetia, etc.). This tells us that Russia also does not consider these lands as part of Moldova. There are already Russian soldiers stationed in this region and protecting the region from any intervention. Judging by the Russian sources, it is seen that the Russian soldiers in this region actively supported the Ukrainian operation.

My guess was an south focused invasion incl Odessa, followed by a rapid unilateral move for independence. Thus, Transnistria would be physically reach to mother Russia and I thought that Russia would not need confront Moldova directly, since there was already a de facto situation and 30 years of extinguished fire

However, as far as I can understand, Russia trying to invade whole Ukraine with its own army, create a puppet government and create a great Russia (Russia, Belarus, Ukraine), unlike the Georgian operation. In this case, our old predictions no longer matter.

In a political climate where the parties are already threatening each other with nuclear power, the issue of Moldova remains as insignificant and petty as the grass trampled under the elephants. Big ox in the barn is, err, Ukraine. Whoever gets it will become the owner of the farm.

Latest map 02/03/2022 source Wikipedia.
Looks like Russia will take all the blue area, East Ukraine and West Ukraine will be landlocked country.

View attachment 820061

A Peacekeeping force needs to be put on the western part of Ukraine to salvage Zelenskyy because NATO or the World shouldn't allow a 100% defeat on him. Meaning we need to conduct an intervention safe the western part of Ukraine after Russia has taken all the blue and put troops on the ground. Let EU and NATO invest in Ukraine again dumping alot of money on them then make a round 2... 20-30 years down the round but in order to do that Ukraine has to become a protectorate meaning signing defense treaty with UK or someone else who can militarily get there and is powerful enough to yard off a further Russian invasion into the western portion of Ukraine..

Move capital to Lviv in this new Western Ukraine country that will emerge from this..

You can safe Western Ukraine with either UK or someone else with Nuclear deterence making defense treaty with Western Ukraine without them joining NATO in order to block further Russian incursions and force status quo

Last edited:
Fascinating reading this thread.

If this isn't a demonstration of the slow death of the Western world, I don't know what is. While Putin's Russia has the West scrambling around for a response, and potentially escalating the conflict to the rest of Europe, China must be thinking about the potential opportunities to pick up the pieces and vacuum left behind. Let the West fight amongst themselves and with Russia, while it galvanises its position and emerges as the new global power, rather like how the US emerged from the ashes of WWII.

Apart from the blatant hypocrisy on show by the West, it demonstrates to all their partner nations that they cannot be trusted. Time and time again they have shown throughout the World they are more than willing to fuel the fires of conflict when it suites them, and use nations to achieve their means.

This is a massive realignment of global strategic tectonic plates, with the World increasingly split again between the 'West', and a new 'Eastern block' comprising Russia, China, Turkey, Pakistan, and perhaps many more to come. A very interesting time in history to be living in, I must say.

Gotta love those Ruskies for throwing a spanner in the works! :)
My assessment is that Vladimir Putin have rejuvenated European identity and NATO with his miscalculation in Ukraine. More on this in following post:

Fair? This is the kind of mindset I hate. If something is bad then it needs to be called out. And if something is worse then it needs to be called out even more. No ifs and buts. Scale matters. Intensity matters.

Tell me another country that have dropped nuclear bomb on a civilian population. USA is the only country to do it, not once but twice. There is no comparison.

This is the country that dropped more bombs on Laos than it did during entire ww2. Even today unexploded bombs are being found in Laos. People are still dying today because of that. Invaded Iraq on false pretences. Sanctioned international court judges and their family when they simply expressed desire to investigate it's war crimes. This is the country that destroyed many middle East countries, leading to migration crisis that led to rise of anti immigration and far right in Europe. And what about the many and many government overthrows. Even in countries where people have genuine concern and genuine reasons for political change, this country hijacks those movement for its own benefits. Where do I even stop.

But somehow I am not being fair in my criticism? The fact that I choose to call out atrocities of USA more, because they are worse, is somehow not being fair in my criticism. Bruh you are the one not being fair in your criticism.

I totally agree with you on the part that if something is bad then it needs to be called out.

My take is in following post:

I am not telling you (or any member) to dislike Russia. I am all for PAK - Russia relations.

My contention is that PDF communists tend to bash USA and the WEST a lot but make excuses for Russia. This is hypocrisy.

Let us also consider what (humanitarian) USSR was up to:

USSR invaded Hungary (1956), intervened in Czechoslovakia (1968–1989), and invaded Afghanistan (1979 - 1989).

Soviet invasion of Afghanistan had significant cascading effects which haunted Pakistan in times of the War On Terror as well. General Tariq Khan (retired) summed up these effects nicely in one his articles.

You DO NOT realize to what extent USSR corrupted and damaged Pan-Islamic identity in times of the Cold War. USSR also supported creation of Israel. USSR instigated conflicts in the Middle East as well. There is much academic literature and declassified accounts which expand on this theme. This is a topic in itself.

You need to sharpen your searching skills.

Let us also consider what (humanitarian) Russia was up to:

Russia invaded Chechnya twice and annexed it.
First Chechen War (1994 - 1996)
Second Chechen War (1999 - 2009)

Russia invaded Georgia in 2008 and annexed parts of its territory.

Russia invaded Ukraine twice and attempting to remap it since 2014.

Russia also intervened in Syria to prevent downfall of the brutal and dictatorial Assad regime.

Russia had a rationale for preventing independence of Chechnya - understandable.

But Russian rationale for annexing territory from Georgia and now Ukraine is ridiculous. This is worse than 'regime change' interventions. This is blatant disregard of internationally recognized borders.

Putin administration can also choose to silence its critics everywhere (REPEAT: everywhere).

You asserted that Russians are showing much restraint in Ukraine but I contended that you are wrong. Please check what is happening in Kharkov for instance:

Situation is very bad in Kyiv and its surroundings as well.

As I pointed out to you in my earlier post:

"Just wait for the war to progress further."

- - - - -

USA used nuclear weapons in World War 2 - things were different back in the days. USA did not use these weapons in other conflicts, not even in Vietnam.

USA under different Presidencies have done both good and bad things.

Americans helped liberate South Korea (from North Korea) in the 1950s, Kuwait (from Iraq) in 1991, and Kosovo (from Yugoslavia) in 1999. They also helped dismantle Al-Qaeda Network in Af-Pak and ISIL in Middle East in recent years. These were sensible interventions.

Vietnam War (1965 - 1973) was absolutely unnecessary and could be avoided.

Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003 - 2011) could be avoided as well. Saddam Hussein was a crooked man but he wasn't responsible for 9/11. It is true that many Iraqi wanted to get rid of Saddam regime and some Iraqi politicians were in contact with Bush Jr. administration for the needful but the WMD rationale was ridiculous. Iraq had limited stockpiles of chemical weapons at maximum.

What happened in Libya is unfortunate but Muammar Qaddafi is responsible for the mess as well. He had ruled for too long and made too many enemies in the process. Benghazi became the hub of Anti-Qaddafi movement in 2011 but Qaddafi regime's response was to surround and crush Benghazi movement by force instead - Libyan Civil War commenced at this point and NATO decided to intervene in support of Benghazi movement (Operation Odyssey Dawn). This is the problem of dictators - they do not respect common people and have no sense of political dissent. They are so full of themselves.

You need to understand that global affairs are like FIFTY SHADES OF GREY.

My take is very simple: I do not support or condone acts of oppression in any way or form. If a local bully is destroyed by a big bully in this process, so be it. This is called karma.

I said so! The facts on the ground will grow exponentially in the next days. Talk is cheap, but ...

Edit: Longer version:

Now this is the epitome of "pessimistic mentality." Putin administration created a humanitarian crisis in Ukraine to begin with. Putin administration threatened Finland and Sweden as well. The powerful shall be allowed to prey on the weak unabated? This is how the World Order will collapse.

Should Pakistan have assumed that it will be hopeless to resist Soviet forces in Afghanistan?

Looks like Russia will take all the blue area, East Ukraine and West Ukraine will be landlocked country.

View attachment 820061
No. An aim is the 'de-militarization and de-nazification of the Ukraine'. You have to control the entire country for that to happen. If these aims are achieved, I see no reason for an independent Russian eastern Ukraine. In fact, a Ukraine with a high ethnic Russian component works in Russia's favour.

View attachment 820061

They may be able to capture for now ( and that is still debateable right now given the resistence by the UAF and global pressure the Russians are under now and the performance of their military ) - but will they be allowed to hold onto it - that is the question??? Severe sanctions, increasing pressure from ruskies who cannot buy nikes, and iphones will eat away at the Kremlin "narrative" and the inability of russians to participate in life with the west, and a raging ukranian insurgency will be what will liberate that areas in the long run.

This occupation wont be recognised as legitimate ever in any deal - and Russia will have to ultimately roll it back (imho). The west is determined that this cannot be allowed to stand.

I dont think the Russians have truly realised what they have unleashed here and how it will effect Russia in the long run.

The west has just drawn a massive line called Ukraine - and they will make the Russians walk back over it.

Last edited:
They are begging everyone and everywhere, imagine looking for support from tiny Tunisia 😁

Tunisia-Marcus Cornaro criticizes Tunisia’s stance on Russian invasion of Ukraine
By Rim Hana on Mar 01, 2022

Yes, they are not just expecting political support but also boots on the ground which Tunisia or India won't provide even given Indian government agencies like the SBI bank agreeing with the sanction conditions of USA, EU and UNO. :lol:

BTW your linked article is paywalled but I got your point. :)

Nazi terrorists.

I agree, which is why they'll 100% look to turn Russia into a junior position below them. They'll offer loans, and force Russia to concede on vital interests in Central Asia.

They won't pump enough money into Russia to make it grow, only to make sure it doesn't completely economically collapse. Basically, the Chinese will stop the bleeding by using predatory solutions to keep the Russians permanently in a position thats below China.

Lol. A 2 day job turned into a week, with no realistic timetable on completion of major objectives.

The Russians are doing a fantastic jobs (at showing the world their incompetence).
I am thinking, land grab. Also probably would be taking over the oil rich central Asian country.

You can't ask China to do stuff for you for free. Everything comes with a price.

View attachment 820061

I agree all the blue will eventually be taken by the Russians after a furious fight thru out Ukraine for months but my issues is that I wanna safe the western portion of Ukraine from further Russian attacks by enforcing status quo for atleast 2 decades and rearming the western portion of Ukraine. Either Uk or Germany will have to first enter via peacekeeping to separate the 2 new states then sign a defense treaty with Ukraine this will keep Russia out from further incursions and let Ukraine rebuild again and let her live to fight another day... Once Russia exceeds a certain limit Germany or UK has to quickly deploy forces into Ukraine and basically once Russia crosses over that blue line an Incursion has to occur from the polish side. Put in 150.000 German forces and then there will be negotiations settle for the western part of Ukraine

20220302_104306-png.820061

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom