What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like US is going to use the anti-USSR Afghan model against the Russians, let's see how well both sides learnt from that war and what improvements they have made in their counter strategies.

Russians have lost the PR war, they lost the PR war the moment they tried to build a narrative to invade Ukraine.

Which world you living in?

People world over arnt stupid and understand Russian reasons. This is not the era where CNN, FOX, BBC will run their 24*7 "war coverage" with propaganda. Social media, plus host states establishment own record in fighting unjust and inhumane wars has wiped out these media houses credibility.

we can have good links with russia, but this invasion is pure aggression. and violation of a sovereign nation. the chinese are understandably pro-russia, but the pakistani fanboys do so because of china, or because they have forgotten that russia has murdered and killed many in the past (they are most probably imran hossein followers, who probably thinks that putin is imam mehdi).

You nailed it. I was hooked to Sheikh Imran Hosein at some point but I gradually realized that this man has lost his way.

Awful racism. :(

What American media does at dawn, European media does at dusk.

This attitude is present elsewhere

:coffee:Iraqi people are illegal but refugee from Ukraine are legal quite a double standard which runs
  • Notice even if there is war, a Iraqi man/women is not worthy to enter safe ground

I find it strange when there was war in Syria it was all Hush hush but if it is war in Ukraine , then it is on social media

• Media was not allowed , full coverage
  • Ground coverage was not allowed or discouraged
  • Media outlets like CNN or BBC barely covered the stories
  • Mostly articles were showed in some internal page tied to middle east
But Ukraine
  • There is social media campaign
  • Tiktok campaign
  • Full coverage
  • Now seeing constant images of women hugging their men good bye

The world is full of double standards, even the imagry of war is so politicized

Last edited:
:coffee:Iraqi people are illegal but refugee from Ukraine are legal quite a double standard which runs

I find it strange when there was war in Syria it was all Hush hush but if it is war in Ukraine , then it is on social media
Please forgive the crass example but there was a joke my driver used to say which suits this predicament we find ourselves in:

Angrez khaney Cake/Pastry - pad marney te kushbo ashney.

Asi khaney amlok - pad marney te badboo ashney.

Again I’m sorry for the crass example but akalmand kay lia ishara kafi hain. 😊

just imagine the sense of entitlement of westerners...

they are so high on themselves that its laughable..

"sieze" assets? you mean "steal Russian national wealth"

Good luck with that. 600 billion dollars of theft should see a nuclear response

I am just horrified with the thoughts of that.

Imagine a thug who is sitting on biggest stockpile of nukes known to mankind and some clean shaved, "think tanks" graduates, wearing Armani suites, conspiring to steal his money!

These idiots needs to come to their senses pretty soon.

China’s SWIFT alternative may undercut US sanctions

China’s Cross-Border International Payments System could give Russia a lifeline and accelerate de-dollarization

De-dollarization of trade is under debate in Western Europe. Germany’s Manager Magazine wrote on February 14, “Exclusion from the international payment system SWIFT is considered the sharpest sword that the West could wield as an economic sanction against Russia.

"However, it is a double-edged sword: the economic consequences would not only be serious in Russia, but also in Western Europe. In addition, the decoupling of Russia and China from the US dollar would be accelerated. Both countries are already working on competing payment systems."

Russia also has developed an interbank messaging system, which now covers about 20% of domestic financial payments.

China’s yuan has advantages and disadvantages as a dollar substitute.

China’s consumer inflation rate stands around 1% year-on-year vs. 7.5% in the US, and the yuan to some extent has acted as a hedge against dollar inflation.

--------------------

Pakistan's inflation could be 5-6% if yuan was the global trading currency 😒

This is disingenuous.

1. Iraq invaded and annexed Kuwait in 1990. US-led forces protected KSA and liberated Kuwait in 1991 with UN mandate.

2. Yugoslavian Civil War and its implications.

3. Yugoslavian Civil War and its implications.

4. Home to Al-Qaeda Network which was responsible for numerous terrorists attacks around the world including 9/11. US-led forces dismantled Al-Qaeda Network in the region with UN mandate.

5. Controversial development but the oppressive Saddam regime is gone for good?

6. Qaddafi regime was about to commit genocide in politically rebellious Benghazi.

7. Assad regime is responsible for destruction of Syria.

Can WE stop making excuses for oppressive dictators?

I have marked that post as trolling and removed it. Let this be a reminder that sheer amount of likes on a post won't make it exempt to judgement.

I disagree with your characterization. Pinning the destruction of Libya/Syria on their dictators is an unfortunate stance; the issue is obviously more complex. The West has either gladly watched similar massacres/similar levels of oppression when it fits into their hegemonic goals (e.g., Israel, or the Saudi regime) and has committed scorched Earth tactics of its own (Fallujah, etc.) - including the use of some sort of chemical warfare there.

Politics is not about who might be oppressive. The only question is: what's the alternative? In Syria, it would have been - as Harvard professor Stephen Walt and University of Chicago professor Mearsheimer have pointed out - is radical jihadists and warring factions. Your 'oppressive dictators' bring about a sense of order and are often the best of the bad options in complex regions / countries.

You nailed it. I was hooked to Sheikh Imran Hosein at some point but I gradually realized that this man has lost his way.
Isn't a preemptive defensive attack allowed, don't USA , Israel etc use this doctrine? So why isn't Russia allowed to defend itself from the hordes of NATO ? The risk is if Russia has drawn the line in Ukraine they may use immoral weapons of semi-mass-destruction including depleted uranium weapons, nuke artillery, chemical and biological weapons etc. The moment the Russians decide it's do or die we can expect all hell to break loose and all kinds of weapons to be used. It's important for responsible states to ensure that the war is limited and dampers are put in place to prevent unlimited escalation. The only losers will be a devastated Ukraine.

View attachment 819104

Without negotiations Ukraine is going to be cut in half. The only territory left will be a land locked region in the west.

Extreme sanctions have been placed and Russia has been removed from SWIFT. What has Russia got to loose now. They will leave a landlocked Ukraine and join China CIPS. We will see a unipolar world. NATO has a policy, your either with us or against us. China also needs to think, they have Hong Kong and Taiwan issues, in the future China could also face severe sanctions. Its best to plan for it now. Let the west know Asia/Russia can survive without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom