What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iran's thirst for weapons is not enough to prop up Russian defence industry, Russia needs to trade unhindered to progress as a country otherwise clamor for improvement amongst masses becomes untenable and then its revolution time. The Russians love a revolution just like the French.
The Russians love a good revolution when they think it is out of their own free will, not when they feel they are being manipulated to go against their national interests by their enemies. The majority of Russians that I have spoken to on the internet completely agree with Putin's foreign policy about NATO's expansion.

This is the battle of the Bulge moment for sure. Russia's attacks in the north and north east have stalled and those from Crimea are progressing for the Russians for now - but they will never be able to hold that terrority as there are not enough "russian speakers" to keep the land bridge alive if they are forced to withdraw.

The Putin regime had one chance - which was to try and scare Ukraine into surrender - that did not happen and won't happen now.

He's seriously underestimated Ukraine. There's a very strong chance that Putin will be finished after this.

Hopefully they will pin his head on a spike outside the Kremlin like they have done with leaders of the old era ( it is important to keep some traditions alive )..

The Russians love a good revolution when they think it is out of their own free will, not when they feel they are being manipulated to go against their national interests by their enemies. The majority of Russians that I have spoken to on the internet completely agree with Putin's foreign policy about NATO's expansion.
Opinions change fast when body bags start arriving on your doorstep. We are all assuming the cost of this war, the actual cost of this was will only be known once it is over - if death toll on the Russian side increases questions will be asked and that will be the start.

Opinions change fast when body bags start arriving on your doorstep. We are all assuming the cost of this war, the actual cost of this was will only be known once it is over - if death toll on the Russian side increases questions will be asked and that will be the start.
True, but the majority of the casualties we read online is nothing but Ukrainian propaganda. It's hard to believe that Ukraine has killed 4000 Russian soldiers but there are no videos to prove even half of these casualties. From what can be seen on the ground, the Russians are advancing towards Kiev and the capital of Ukraine may fall soon, probably in less than 72 hours.

If Putin can impose his will on the Ukrainians and Ukraine accepts neutrality, and a pro-Russian government is installed, support for Putin and his policies will surge to unseen levels and no amount of sanctions can change that in Russia. Sure, some cosmopolitan people in Moscow and Saint Petersburg will despise Putin's foreign policies more than they do now, but Russia is not only Moscow and StP.

Russians are proud people. If you think that sanctions will lead to public dissatisfaction to the point that it can convince the Russians to rise against Putin and hand their country to the West on a silver platter, there's a good chance that it won't happen.

Because NATO and Zelenskyy supports occupied Kashmiris and Palestinains... 😜

View attachment 819054

received_1117190645694455.jpeg

The general feedback is lukewarm, whilst they recognise the reasons for their creation these forces will only work in expeditionary role. Can you imagine UK throwing Ranger Regiment in Kremlins path - it will be a blood bath.

We recently announced an upgrade to Challenger 2 tanks but I now expect the numbers to be increased as well. I would also like to think that the number of regular army will be increased rapidly and UK will likely try to permanently base some units in Latvia. They might reactivate their German bases which were let go of recently but that might not happen - I am not certain what leverage UK has anymore over Germany to get these bases back. Most likely number of F35s will increase and if that is becoming too costly Tempest will be accelerated to make the numbers up.

The Navy is doing fine for now but I would expect an increase in the number of Royal Marines to about 30K fighting force with 10K Reserve.

Tempest just got a massive shot in the arm for sure - i think it is more likely to happen.

As for challenger 2 - i think the UK goverment is going to have a hard think about if they want their military supplies to be reliant on Germany - given the way the Germans have been behaving. That programme may get reconfigured in light of what happened and the type of capability we need to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom