What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ukraine has a professional-grade army with Western material and intelligence support. US fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraqi Shia majority was against Saddam and happy to see his regime brought down. His army was not professional. Afghanistan has nothing more than lightly armed tribes. If US fought in somewhere like Egypt, it would face heavy casualties. Being a superpower does not enable to just boulder through a whole country with no trouble. Occupying one nation is a costly and long term task.

Indians are making all kinds of excuses to avoid angering all sides.
It's actually comedy gold, I had a good laugh. Anyone who has ever served will know what I mean when I say this "all the gear, no idea!".

India where Britain has been begging for a trade deal and they are holding out for visas for Indians to come to the U.K? I would rather ten Ukrainians come here than one person from India which is cosying up to Putin and women are treated like dirt.

Russia is working to weaken Kyiv regime. If Kyiv regime remains functional for months, and urban warfare continues for months, along with more sanctions and isolation of Russia from global economic system, than it can spell trouble for Russia. Could this become a world war? No, because who will come to aid of Russia? It could back Russia into a corner and Russia would need to take drastic measures to drag others into it.

World war is not scary term. Just means many nations involved. Right now many nations taking political/economic measures against Russia. If others took such measures against opponents of Russia, it would be like a political/economic world war.

One thing is for sure.
The western world still dominates the world completeley. Just amazing to watch. Look at this forum, a so called Pakistan Defence Forum but still tons of Pakistanis support NATO, which droned Pakistan for 15 long years. Thats the power of the west right there.

Western world has a unmatched soft power.
Look at the Chinese, nowhere near the ally Russia hoped for. They are getting contained by America in South China Sea but still not a single voice of support from Beijing. Not any economic deals to ease sanctions on the Russians.

Western world is the master of divide and conqour. There is not even a decent competition. Its almost laughable.

Agreed, it pained to to hear the Operation Pitting would be the last outing for the Royal Airforce C130's soon to be replaced for A400M's and Heftier C17's. The loss of Lynx and reduction in numbers under the "integrated workforce plan" as announced in the 2020 review is a damn shame.

I am particularly keen to hear from UK service personnel about their thoughts on the new Ranger Regt. That RAF Beret and Selous scouts beret badge :disagree:.
The general feedback is lukewarm, whilst they recognise the reasons for their creation these forces will only work in expeditionary role. Can you imagine UK throwing Ranger Regiment in Kremlins path - it will be a blood bath.

We recently announced an upgrade to Challenger 2 tanks but I now expect the numbers to be increased as well. I would also like to think that the number of regular army will be increased rapidly and UK will likely try to permanently base some units in Latvia. They might reactivate their German bases which were let go of recently but that might not happen - I am not certain what leverage UK has anymore over Germany to get these bases back. Most likely number of F35s will increase and if that is becoming too costly Tempest will be accelerated to make the numbers up.

The Navy is doing fine for now but I would expect an increase in the number of Royal Marines to about 30K fighting force with 10K Reserve.

The number of Pakistani posters here defending the Imperialist NATO is appalling....

More power to Russia .. Someone has finally stood up to the US of A, the biggest terrorist in the human history

Russia is no saint its an imperial empire itself, but NATO yes is far worse.. my sympathies are primarily geared towards Ukrainians as they are being used as cannon fodder by the former deceived by their false promises. It kind of reminds me of Pakistan how the west played Pakistan and bigged up Fascist India at the cost of our national security. Lets not also forget how Russia helped India split Pakistan in 1971, and continues to arm fascist India weapons whom have murdered over 100'000s of Kashmiris as well as help save fascist India at the United Nations countless of times and for the latter reason alone I hope this invasion will be very costly to Russia, but at the same time also put more fear in western warmongering countries so they focus on Solely containing Russia, and not have the liberty of spreading their so called 'democracy' to other countries like they did with Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria etc..

P.s Russia is not standing up to the USA because it wants to i.e. for the good of humanity, Putin and his predecessors 'begged' them to let Russia join NATO, and they rejected.. thus this friction is out of necessity than choice.

Last edited:
Russia almost took over the entire Ukraine in hours, it's mindblowing! if this is slow, I don't know what is fast...

Russian forces have not managed to secure Ukraine yet.

Ukrainians are putting up a fight in different locations including in Kyiv and Kharkov and Russian forces have suffered setbacks in some of these clashes.

The matter of concern is what will happen in the cities.

It seems the easy part of the war is over. Eliminating Ukrainian military infrastructure in the open areas was easy but capturing the cities and urban center is not going as per plan. Russia seems to have no plan to capture them. After halted advances, they are now panicking and have increased their firepower.

USA got choked in urban warfare in Iraq. Ukrainians are much better equipped and Russians are not that advanced. The bloody part of the war is just going to begin.

Seems like it.

NATO had to secure following cities while attempting to occupy Iraq in 2003:

Nasiriyah

Najaf

Basra

Baghdad

British forces fought in Basra while American forces fought in other cities.

NATO military maneuvers in Iraq in 2003 are documented in following link:

Iraqi insurgents were able to regroup in Fallujah but American forces cleared this city in 2004:

Fallujah

The number of Pakistani posters here defending the Imperialist NATO is appalling....

More power to Russia .. Someone has finally stood up to the US of A, the biggest terrorist in the human history

Because NATO and Zelenskyy supports occupied Kashmiris and Palestinains... 😜

ZelenskyPalestine.jpg

One thing is for sure.
The western world still dominates the world completeley. Just amazing to watch. Look at this forum, a so called Pakistan Defence Forum but still tons of Pakistanis support NATO, which droned Pakistan for 15 long years. Thats the power of the west right there.

Western world has a unmatched soft power.
Look at the Chinese, nowhere near the ally Russia hoped for. They are getting contained by America in South China Sea but still not a single voice of support from Beijing. Not any economic deals to ease sanctions on the Russians.

Western world is the master of divide and conqour. There is not even a decent competition. Its almost laughable.

I believe most people here don't support one or the other. But, want to point out some double standards. Western world indeed does dominate global financial system. And like you said, there are Eastern powers but they are not on same page. Russia-India-China-Iran, all have their own vision/interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom