What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
India where Britain has been begging for a trade deal and they are holding out for visas for Indians to come to the U.K? I would rather ten Ukrainians come here than one person from India which is cosying up to Putin and women are treated like dirt.
They think UK will succumb to their demands, its never going to happen. Their bravado is going to hurt them badly, its only a matter of time before all these sanctions on Russia start impacting countries that buy defense equipment from Russia. India is in for a rough ride.

One thing is for sure.
The western world still dominates the world completeley. Just amazing to watch. Look at this forum, a so called Pakistan Defence Forum but still tons of Pakistanis support NATO, which droned Pakistan for 15 long years. Thats the power of the west right there.

Western world has a unmatched soft power.
Look at the Chinese, nowhere near the ally Russia hoped for. They are getting contained by America in South China Sea but still not a single voice of support from Beijing. Not any economic deals to ease sanctions on the Russians.

Western world is the master of divide and conqour. There is not even a decent competition. Its almost laughable.
The Chinese lack the self-confidence to have an independent voice in world politics yet. They are focused on their economic development for now.

The general feedback is lukewarm, whilst they recognise the reasons for their creation these forces will only work in expeditionary role. Can you imagine UK throwing Ranger Regiment in Kremlins path - it will be a blood bath.

We recently announced an upgrade to Challenger 2 tanks but I now expect the numbers to be increased as well. I would also like to think that the number of regular army will be increased rapidly and UK will likely try to permanently base some units in Latvia. They might reactivate their German bases which were let go of recently but that might not happen - I am not certain what leverage UK has anymore over Germany to get these bases back. Most likely number of F35s will increase and if that is becoming too costly Tempest will be accelerated to make the numbers up.

The Navy is doing fine for now but I would expect an increase in the number of Royal Marines to about 30K fighting force with 10K Reserve.

Sounds good, having worked alongside sappers from REME during the Pakistan Earthquake, I have a lot of respect for British Soldiers, very humble, very professional and they get the job done. I really wish the UK would reconsider reducing their military any further, they are trying to emulate the JSDF model but as you and I both know the self defense force is a toothless tiger.

Very nice to hear about Challenger 2, and the F35's will be a welcome relief, considering when Eurofighter was inducted it was already outdated, which is a shame because I remember first reading about it in Jane's Defense Review and it really was a tremendous aircraft, still is, but with the F35 is on another level, beautiful bird.

Having a permanent presence beyond Estonia and Cyprus will be a bonus and much needed if things go sour in the region.

Thank you for the information, all the best :).

They think UK will succumb to their demands, its never going to happen. Their bravado is going to hurt them badly, its only a matter of time before all these sanctions on Russia start impacting countries that buy defense equipment from Russia. India is in for a rough ride.
Iran has nothing to lose and Russia has a lot to sell to Iran, including modern jet fighters, submarines, tanks, radars, etc. Iran will happily sign billion dollar military contracts with Russia if Russia no longer worries about Western sanctions.

Russian forces have not managed to secure Ukraine yet.

Ukrainians are putting up a fight in different locations including in Kyiv and Kharkov and Russian forces have suffered setbacks in some of these clashes.

The matter of concern is what will happen in the cities.

Seems like it.

NATO had to secure following cities while attempting to occupy Iraq in 2003:

Nasiriyah

Najaf

Basra

Baghdad

British forces fought in Basra while American forces fought in other cities.

NATO military maneuvers in Iraq in 2003 are documented in following link:

Iraqi insurgents were able to regroup in Fallujah but American forces cleared this city in 2004:

Fallujah

Where are the heavy bombardments on Kiev, the capital city? No city in Ukraine has been bombarded properly by the Russians. It is a joke, even one missile slamming against a random building in Kiev will make huge breaking news headlines, this will not happen if there is a heavy bombing campaign by the Russians.

Iran has nothing to lose and Russia has a lot to sell to Iran, including modern jet fighters, submarines, tanks, radars, etc. Iran will happily sign billion dollar military contracts with Russia if Russia no longer worries about Western sanctions.
Don't bet on it. Putin is pro Israel.

@The Eagle @waz check this falseflagger. joined today for trolling.

why not, he is doing the same as Iranian members and that is trolling

Because NATO and Zelenskyy supports occupied Kashmiris and Palestinains... 😜

View attachment 819054

Why would he give support to Palestine and Kashmir? What do you offer the country? Relation between countries is give and take, so did any Arab county send weapon or politcally support? What did Pakistan do for them?

Western world supported Ukrain specially EU, so he will support them.

Don't bet on it. Putin is pro Israel.
Putin is pro-power. Russia-Israel relations have deteriorated since the invasion of Ukraine started. And Putin cares about nothing more than Russia's interests. Russia has never been a pro-Israel state and antisemitism has always been strong in Russia.

If Irian is still going to buy Russian equipment after this war :p: .

I believe most people here don't support one or the other. But, want to point out some double standards. Western world indeed does dominate global financial system. And like you said, there are Eastern powers but they are not on same page. Russia-India-China-Iran, all have their own vision/interests.

Of course this forum is not frquented by goverment officials. Most of us are average joes with opinions on different matters. Thats the cool part bout this forum.

What really surprises me is the Chinese official attitude. It really lost all its clothes. Russia is getting hammered by santions and China and India, both close partners, are nowhere to be seen. If China wanted to it could easily provide the economic means for Russia to weather the sanctions. But so far China really chickened out.

I am not saying this with light heart, but one simply cannot trust China as a defence partner. It can provide cheap equipment and other goods. But when it comes to real trouble China will back off. It will never go against western interest as long as it values the western trade above anything else.

As long as this battle prolong Russia will be in big trouble (lets take aside Swift and hard sanctions that will be hard to swallow). As i see it the Russian failed to overwhelmed Ukraine forces - 3 days passed and they still didn't enter Kiev and the big cities and the elected Ukraine government show resilient to stay. Putin though he can put poppet regime and make this operation fast like south ostia war but he wrongly calculate Ukraine.
As long as this battle prolong Ukraine will surly get west support and this can turn out to be a gorilla war with disadvantage for the Russian (Thier is already reporters that some Russians forces have shortages of fule to continue) just imagine what will happen if Ukraine will get massive anti tank and anti air weapons against big army that enter urban areas (Ukraine will have lot of targets)

Where are the heavy bombardments on Kiev, the capital city? No city in Ukraine has been bombarded properly by the Russians. It is a joke, even one missile slamming against a random building in Kiev will make huge breaking news headlines, this will not happen if there is a heavy bombing campaign by the Russians.
You do have a point here. Russia is certainly not doing a heavy bombing campaign like the US did with Iraq, for example. 1700 sorties in three days is not a lot for a country the size of Ukraine. Israel would do something like 150 sorties in a single hour just in defenseless tiny northern Gaza.

Look at the Chinese, nowhere near the ally Russia hoped for. They are getting contained by America in South China Sea but still not a single voice of support from Beijing.
We have some beautiful "angels" praying on the Chinese internet, they are well protected by the country and has never set foot outside, and these angels never prayed for the people in the Mid east, Africa, Syria, Yemen...etc, pathetic bunch.

Iran's thirst for weapons is not enough to prop up Russian defence industry, Russia needs to trade unhindered to progress as a country otherwise clamor for improvement amongst masses becomes untenable and then its revolution time. The Russians love a revolution just like the French.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom