What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOSCOW, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Russian troops have destroyed a concrete dam built in Ukraine's Kherson Region in 2014 to cut off water to Crimea, the RIA news agency quoted the governor of Russian-annexed Crimea Sergei Aksyonov as saying on Saturday.

Ukraine cut off the fresh water supply to Crimea by damming a canal that had supplied 85% of the peninsula's needs before Moscow annexed Crimea in 2014.

The Soviet-era canal was built to channel water from the River Dnieper to arid areas of Ukraine's Kherson region and Crimea.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...dam-that-blocked-water-crimea-ria-2022-02-26/

To tell you the truth, I often doubt whether you are Chinese. Because you often make great mistakes in your understanding of China, but your Chinese level is beyond doubt.

The Chinese did not forget the humiliation of the Opium War, but they would not boast about the economic strength of the Qing Dynasty, let alone blame the British for the Opium War. The Chinese hated the incompetence of the Qing government and their own weakness.
The reason is simple: Although China opposes imperialism, China is very familiar with imperialism. China has a history of 5000 years, at least 4000 years. China itself is an imperialist country. China used to treat other countries with imperialism, so we certainly have no reason to condemn other countries for treating us with imperialism.
We do not hate Britain, nor boast about the backward and incompetent Qing Dynasty. We hate our own weakness and regret our imperialist history.
I often doubt your ability to read English. I never mentioned anything about the humiliation English had on Chinese during the opium War and after. Yet, you are addressing this point in your response to me. Kind of time waste for both of us.

To reiterate, my point was only to those who imagined a much more glorious and rich day before that humiliation, which is nothing but a wishful thinking. It was not about humiliation. This point is about a realistic understanding of our history. Maybe that humiliation got you so much that the truth means less to you. I am certainly not at that stage and that mental stage is not the definition of being Chinese. If it were, God forbid, China would be hopeless.

1645912164068.png

True, but the majority of the casualties we read online is nothing but Ukrainian propaganda. It's hard to believe that Ukraine has killed 4000 Russian soldiers but there are no videos to prove even half of these casualties. From what can be seen on the ground, the Russians are advancing towards Kiev and the capital of Ukraine may fall soon, probably in less than 72 hours.

If Putin can impose its will on the Ukrainians and Ukraine accepts neutrality, and a pro-Russian government is installed, support for Putin and his policies will surge to unseen levels and no amount of sanctions can change that in Russia. Sure, some cosmopolitan people in Moscow and Saint Petersburg will despise Putin's foreign policies more than they do now, but Russia is not only Moscow and StP.

Russians are proud people. If you think that sanctions will lead to public dissatisfaction to the point that it can convince the Russians to rise against Putin and hand their country to the West on a silver platter, there's a good chance that it won't happen.
Its all propaganda until its confirmed and that is true for both sides the real story of this miserable war will only come out after its over - that is if any think or anyone is left to read about it.

Lets see - if what news are showing is true than its going to take a lot of heavy firepower to get the now dug in Ukrainians to give up. Remember Stalingrad - there is a reason Germans failed to capture it.

Not a platter mate - more like some one more sane will take the helm and steer the Russian ship to pastures anew. Russia has gone through many a regime change not one of them was on a platter for anyone.

I was just providing information. I’m not a fanboy nor do I support Azov. As a Pakistani, it’s not my fight. But I always hold sympathies for nations defending against aggressors or invaders.
It's ironic how some Pakistanis are supporting naked Russian aggression against a sovereign country even though their government is a Western puppet doesn't mean that any random country should start bombing them. This is the similar type of aggression as what US/NATO did in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya. We were also in the same shoes as that of Ukraine today during Soviet-Afghan war.

Sickening picture @gambit what you say about this? Do you as a freedom loving people condone these nazis?
What is the point of asking me of this? Do you think that I, an Asian-American, have Nazi beliefs? I thought you to be a more serious person. :disagree:

Tempest just got a massive shot in the arm for sure - i think it is more likely to happen.

As for challenger 2 - i think the UK goverment is going to have a hard think about if they want their military supplies to be reliant on Germany - given the way the Germans have been behaving. That programme may get reconfigured in light of what happened and the type of capability we need to rebuild.
Its positive news for Tempest, with regards to Challenger 2 its not all that bad they decided to change the main gun and went with Rheinmetall's offering. I am hedging my bets that the armoured brigade will get an increase in numbers and they will permanently station armoured units in Latvia.

this is Cuban missile crisis all over again! but this time its Nato thats moving the missile and not Russia/Ussr
I asked if you have any doc that detailed an agreement between NATO and Russia that says NATO will not expand eastward. Looks like you have none.

On the other hand, there is a WRITTEN agreement where Russia promised Ukraine that Russia will not attack Ukraine, and that agreement was witnessed by countries, not individuals. Do you know what am talking about? Can you research and find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom