What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putin says large Russian grain harvest to support higher exports​

Putin says large Russian grain harvest to support higher exports

FILE PHOTO:Russian President Vladimir Putin chairs a meeting on economic issues via a video link, with Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin and other officials seen on a screen, at the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia May 12, 2022.

Sputnik/Mikhail Metzel/Kremlin via REUTERS
Published May 12, 2022
Updated May 12, 2022

Russia, one of the world's largest wheat exporters, will increase wheat exports this year due to a potentially record harvest, President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday.

Russia competes with the European Union and Ukraine for supplies of wheat to the Middle East and Africa. It continues to export despite difficulties with logistics and payments caused by Western sanctions on Moscow over what Russia terms its "special military operation" in Ukraine.

Russia currently expects to harvest 130 million tonnes of grain in 2022, including 87 million tonnes of wheat, Putin told a meeting of top economic officials in Moscow.

Russia produced a record grain crop 133.5 million tonnes in 2020, including 85.9 million tonnes of wheat. The crop was smaller in 2021.

"If this happens, which we are counting on, it could be an all-time record [for the wheat crop] in Russian history," Putin said. He did not provide an export estimate.

Higher exports from Russia in the new July-June marketing season could help to partly meet rising global demand in the event that Ukraine's exports remain low and Kyiv does not regain access to its Black Sea ports, Sovecon consultancy said in April.

Ukraine's ports have been blockaded since Moscow began what it calls a "special military operation" in Ukraine on Feb. 24.

Russian exporters have largely managed to resolve problems with logistics and the transfer of payments caused by Western sanctions imposed on Moscow since late February and are exporting wheat from the Russian side of the Black Sea and sporadically from the Azov Sea.

(Reporting by Reuters; Editing by Kevin Liffey/Guy Faulconbridge)
They have also stolen half a million tons of grain from Ukraine…
1652456248738.jpeg

Last edited:

This is so cool. Video gamers were just geeks who cannot get a girl before. But I think they will become warriors in the coming decades.

Also interesting but from the video is that Chinese commercial drones are used by Ukranian side. But Chinese have given software to Russians that can track the drones. In future, I think commercial tech will drive innovation. This is opposite of what we've seen in the past where military innovation led to progress. Good for humanity as progress will accelerate :coffee:
GAMERS! RISE UP!

The responsibility lies soley at the agressor not the victim. Agressor here being NATO.
It is not up to NATO to make decisions on how Libya should be governed. It is also not up to Islamists to make such decisions, but they tried to enforce their agenda.
You know that very well so stop trying to come up with childish excuses. One can use the argument that might is right and to me your reasoning sounds just like that. But then why use so many non-coherent arguments? why not be straightforward and just say it.

The video proves that most of the German manpower were in Soviet territory and the war was longest and most fierce on the eastern front.

Case closed.
The video does not show that Germany spent tons of money and manpower to build u-boots, surface ships and aircrafts that primarily was used against the West.
It also ignored that the fight was against the Axis, and not solely Germany. The West forced the 3,5 million Italian Army to surrender.
Germany had more troops defending the Reich against the Allied bombing campaign mid 1943 than was employed in the Zitadelle.
Hitler aborted Zitadelle, right after the victory at Prochorowka when he found out about the invasion of Sicily, and immediately send his strongest units to Italy.
That shows his priorities.
Targetting the oil production affected the Eastern Front. The West has a significant part in the victories also on the Eastern Front, as any vehicle blown up due to lack of fuel should be counted as a Western kill.

Last edited:
Russia start this war with over 10,000, sure a lot of them (Conservative OSINT figure putting at 1300-1600) are destroyed, they are always going to be out number by

Russia started with considerable less tanks. IISS counted 2820.

My count is 2500 with recent reinforcements, and I believe the counted loss figure.

Remember, we can't count deliberately withdrawn tanks, and other vehicles.

Ukrainian telegrams tell that Russian telegrams tell that there are 200+ tanks sitting in Belgorod which got very small damage, mechanical malfunctions, and were sent back because front-line repair is impossible for things like optics, suspension failures, internal electronics, fluid systems etc. Most of these failed without firing a shot, and it seem they were withdrawn very early.

Last edited:
Russia's losing entire BTGs but the only thing they can show is some rocket launchers. :lol:
I saw the images that is a massacre. The entire battalion is wiped out. What would Putin say to the Moms of the fallen soldiers?

Russia has lost at least 100 out of it's 570 or so T-72B3 Obr 2016 tanks.

This confirms my initial calculation. Initial attack had 1500 T72 type tanks. ~450 T80+T90 reserves in elite tank army, and divisions, and the rest are the oldest T72s, and other junk like PT76 in the rear guard with arty, and auxiliaries.

Now, they are pushing T55s, T62s, according to Ukrainians, but they are soooo old. I doubt there are still trained crews alive for them.

Last edited:
This confirms my initial calculation. Initial attack had 1500 t72 type tanks. ~450 T80+T90 reserves in elite tank army, and divisions, and the rest are the oldest t72s in the rear guard with arty, and auxiliaries.

Now, they are pushing T55s, T62s, according to Ukrainians, but they are soooo old. I doubt there are still trained crews alive for them.

If you look what kinda optics T-72B3 Obr 2016 has it's many ways better than standart T-90A.

Russia has around 350 T-90A's in service and have lost at least 20 in Ukraine.

Russia started with considerable less tanks. IISS counted 2820.

My count is 2500 with recent reinforcements, and I believe the counted loss figure.

Remember, we can't count deliberately withdrawn tanks, and other vehicles.

Ukrainian telegrams tell that Russian telegrams tell that there are 200+ tanks sitting in Belgorod which got very small damage, mechanical malfunctions, and were sent back because front-line repair is impossible for things like optics, suspension failures, internal electronics, fluid systems etc. Most of these failed without firing a shot, and it seem they were withdrawn very early.

well, my point is Ukrainian tank reserve are always going to be outnumber by Russian tank reserve, which mean Ukraine begging for Armored vehicle is not something new and it's rather quite expected.

The T90 itself isn't much, it's really just an upgraded T72 with a fancy new name (it's more accurate to call it the T-72BU, not the "T-90", which is a marketing stunt). As for people with Russian equipment...that's about 95% of the Ukrainian Army, since Ukraine was where quite a lot of Soviet stuff was built

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom