What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, arming and training Ukrainian is not an escalation when there is ALREADY a war happening. So does Sanction or economic hostilities. Because what you are essentially referring to as who did what first. And in this case, Australia did not start this war. So whoever is starting this war is the one that first raise the tension and escalated. Without the war, would you think Australia will send those Bushmaster to begin with?? Saying sending weapon is an escalation from the Russian perspective is like the war itself have no implication on the Russian to begin with...

God, is it really that hard to understand?
You are fighting with your neighbor.
A guy from another town comes and hands your opponent a knife to stab you with.
You can spend your time on the semantics whether it constitute an escalation, or give him a punch in the mouth if you can?

People are "just sooo over it" with regards to Ukraine. No more Instagram likes so they're forgotten. Sad for Ukrainians.

You joking right.

Ukraine ppl are given red carpets in entire Europe and Canada UK. They can work live and settle if they want.

Canada has announced unlimited Ukrainian will be welcome here.

The support they have received from west is unbelievable.

(https://****/mod_russia_en/595)#Russia #Ukraine #Briefing
@mod_russia_en

MoD Russia, [4/1/2022 7:44 AM]
[ Video ]
🇷🇺🚁 Crews of Ka-52 helicopters carried out air strikes against Ukrainian nationalist military infrastructure. The flights took place at extremely low altitudes.

▫️During their tasks, the military pilots managed to save the helicopters, which had been damaged by the shelling. They managed to repair the helicopters at the forced landing site using their own resources, after which they continued to carry out combat missions.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #Ka52
@mod_russia_en

MoD Russia, [4/1/2022 12:13 PM]
🇷🇺🇺🇦Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

▫️On April 1, at around 5am Moscow time, 2 Ukrainian Mi-24 helicopters entered Russian airspace at an extremely low altitude.

▫️Manoeuvring to advantage of terrain folds, Ukrainian helicopters launched a missile attack on a civilian oil storage facility on the outskirts of Belgorod.

▫️As a result of the hits, some of the tanks were damaged and ignited.

❗️I would like to stress that only civilian vehicles were supplied with fuel from this facility. The oil depot has no relation to the Russian Armed Forces.

▫️The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue the special military operation in Ukraine.

▫️Units of the Russian Armed Forces have completed the mopping-up of Urozhainoe from nationalists and are fighting with the Ukrainian 54th Separate Mechanized Brigade for the capture of Oktyabr state farm.

▫️The advance during the day was 8 kilometers. A Ukrainian motorised infantry company, reinforced by a tank platoon, was destroyed.

💥Onyx high-precision cruise missiles of Bastion coastal missile system have destroyed the headquarters of a grouping of Ukrainian troops near Shakhterskoe. Up to 40 personnel, 5 armoured vehicles and vehicles of various purposes were destroyed.

✈️💥During the day, operational-tactical and army aviation hit 40 military assets of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. Among them: 2 anti-aircraft missile systems, including 1 Buk-M1 system near Murakhovo and 1 Osa launcher near Velikie Novoselki, as well as 32 areas of concentration of Ukrainian weapons and military equipment.

💥Russian air defence means have shot down 1 Ukrainian Mi-24 helicopter near Gulyai Pole and 4 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Novomikhailovka, Izyum and Kharkov.

📊In total, 124 aircfaft and 82 helicopters, 357 unmanned aerial vehicles, 1,854 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 202 multiple launch rocket systems, 777 field artillery and mortars, as well as 1,722 units of special military vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were destroyed during the operation.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine #Briefing
@mod_russia_en

I think training has a big impact as well - the tactics and usage of their equipment seemed completely all over the place and not reflective of good use of their firepower nor numbers.

Cheap equipment is just one aspect - well used cheap equipment can still prevail well. More importantly, not studying the combat theatre and providing confusing orders to troops is only adding to that mix of just a poorly planned effort
Well, I was referring to the inept of the Air Force and implying they have similar issue as with the ground force.

As a whole, there are a lot of issue plaguing the Russian. There are no intelligence input into many aspect, from the counter-intelligence failure to the US/UK intel op that obtained the entire schedule of the invasion, to no battlefield intelligence on ground and air, they don't know where the Ukrainian are, even VIP, I never see a head of state of a warring nation goes on this many public call to everyone in the world, you would have expected the FSB/GRU have similar capability than our FBI and CIA. I read an article somewhere saying Zelenskyy have made somewhere about 43 social media appearance and 13 international call to address foreign government (US twice, Canada, Australia, NATO, EU, Belgium, Germany, France, UK, Israel and some other) I mean, he would have ate a cruise missile somewhere between his 5 and 6th call if we are at war with the Ukraine......

Training, as you said is an issue. Seems to me, this Russian force cannot perform complex task and complex manoeuvre, even basic combine arms tactics are lacking, no inter-layer cover, no Air-Ground warfighting capability is achieved.

As for planning, I have said it days ago that the entire C2 structure is lacking in Russian term, I mean, who is really in charge of the overall operation? The Russian attack in 4 fronts, and none of them (Beside the Crimea and Donbas) are intersupport with each other, no exploitation on the gain they made, and no correction to the lost they suffer.....It is as if they were just point to a point on a map and was told to take it........

You are fighting with your neighbor.
A guy from another town comes and hands your opponent a knife to stab you with.
You can spend your time on the semantics whether it constitute an escalation, or give him a punch in the mouth if you can?
Well, unless you made the knife yourself, you will have to get it somewhere. And you are already fighting, not verbally but physically, it way pass escalation the moment someone else handed your opponent a knife.

As I said, if there are no war, there will not be a transfer of the knife in question.. And you can come punch that person in the mouth, but it would be a bad idea when you still have not finished the fight you were fighting with and start a new one.

Great investigative work. Creepy music in the background. Very haunting :pop:
331 regiment (the unit in this video) ceased to exist as a combat force. They have suffered 30-50% casualty as per latest report.

And yeah, this is a very good investigation.

For US, we have these:

Code One: Airplane is clean, no issues, and signed off to be on the mission capable sortie readied list.​
Code Two: Airplane has issues but none serious enough jeopardize critical capabilities such as flight controls, radar, navigation, propulsion, and weapons.​
Code Three: Airplane is grounded due to serious problems that adversely affected critical systems.​

For examples, open the radome automatically make the jet Code Three because that is an adverse condition to the airframe, then the radome has to be closed and its security must be signed off by an authority figure. A single bullet hole anywhere is a Code Three item. A dirty seat is a Code Two item. Mechanical bindings on the rudder pedals is Code Three.

The VKS must have the same criteria and statuses for its jets.

There is no doubt that the Russian military is rife with corruption and inevitably, that WILL creep into Maintenance. There is no way any Russian pilot will fly with a loose control stick and why is it loose? Maybe the mechanics ran out of safety wire that is required to secure the stick? The pilot would immediately put the jet as whatever the VKS version of Code Three. No commander could order me to takeoff. I will take the court martial. Did poor maintenance contributed to the sorry performance of the VKS over Ukraine? Definitely.
Similar system with the Army.

We probably have a bit more leeway for bullet hole, You can't have any on the window or windscreen tho, you are require to fix them if you took incoming round in one of the window. Some time you don't really care and drive it anyway.

We probably don't really care about the status of the vehicle, as long as the engine run and the gun work.

331 regiment (the unit in this video) ceased to exist as a combat force. They have suffered 30-50% casualty as per latest report.

And yeah, this is a very good investigation.
Are specially trained crack troops really able to make a big difference in these type of invasions?

I can understand their utility in hostage rescue and such special crisis jobs. Cool that they are able to jump out with parachutes. But in a open free for all warfare, are they worth the money spent on their training? Is an average infantry troop man not capable for this type of job? :undecided:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom