What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are specially trained crack troops really able to make a big difference in these type of invasions?

I can understand their utility in hostage rescue and such special crisis jobs. Cool that they are able to jump out with parachutes. But in a open free for all warfare, are they worth the money spent on their training? Is an average infantry troop man not capable for this type of job? :undecided:
Depending on your definition of "crack" troop.

This unit would have been more like the 173 Airborne Brigade we had in the States. Well, they are better trained, but not at a SOF capable level.

In war, you would want to use your better trained troop to move forward first, because that will give you better chance to win a battle, and winning a battle boost morale.

On the other hand, if the intel report is correct, 331 is the one that took Hostomel and was bogged down with subsequent fighting in Hostomel and Irpin. That is where they suffered heavy casualty. Which for me it just did not make sense. You can use them to take Hostomel, but then you let the regular guy to occupy the area. The fact that they were used instead of regular troop suggested either There are not enough regular troop (Meaning they lost a lot more than anticipated) or they don't trust the regular troop. I honestly do not know which one is worse....

You joking right.

Ukraine ppl are given red carpets in entire Europe and Canada UK. They can work live and settle if they want.

Canada has announced unlimited Ukrainian will be welcome here.

The support they have received from west is unbelievable.
Oh ok then why is Ukrainian health minister contradicting you?

What are your thoughts on Ukrainians being able to get ez pz immigration as you claim, while you as a Bangladeshi have seen either first hand or through parents your struggles with proving your merit?

People are "just sooo over it" with regards to Ukraine. No more Instagram likes so they're forgotten. Sad for Ukrainians.

Agreed. It is so sad.

It is gonna take a MASSIVE effort to rebuild this country. Both the infrastructure and people's psychology is destroyed. Wars are f* bad!

Hope, those who initiate these wars sitting in their 7-star luxury villas will one day held accountable and will be made to feel the pain!

Depending on your definition of "crack" troop.

This unit would have been more like the 173 Airborne Brigade we had in the States. Well, they are better trained, but not at a SOF capable level.

In war, you would want to use your better trained troop to move forward first, because that will give you better chance to win a battle, and winning a battle boost morale.

On the other hand, if the intel report is correct, 331 is the one that took Hostomel and was bogged down with subsequent fighting in Hostomel and Irpin. That is where they suffered heavy casualty. Which for me it just did not make sense. You can use them to take Hostomel, but then you let the regular guy to occupy the area. The fact that they were used instead of regular troop suggested either There are not enough regular troop (Meaning they lost a lot more than anticipated) or they don't trust the regular troop. I honestly do not know which one is worse....
I thought that these people were SOF. The video also said that they were elite. :undecided:

Live (Tagesschau):

Ukraine's Security & Defence Council Secretary denies that Ukraine has attacked Russia's Belgorod.

Earlier there were reports that Ukraine has attacked oil depot in Belgorod.

I thought that these people were SOF. The video also said that they were elite. :undecided:
Many people consider the US Marine Corp elite.......you can't possibly put the entire Marine Corp into SOF....

They are better trained and better equip than regular troop.

You joking right.

Ukraine ppl are given red carpets in entire Europe and Canada UK. They can work live and settle if they want.

Canada has announced unlimited Ukrainian will be welcome here.

The support they have received from west is unbelievable.
True
Ukraine refugees are treated as first class refugees especially here in Germany.
They can stay without visa for 3 months.
Free housing, free healthcare, free foods, free education, free vocational trainings, free everything. If the war not stopping millions of Ukrainians will live here.
I am ok with that. Germany needs more likeminded people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom