What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then unfreeze and return their reserves.

There is not gonna be any free gas for sure.

Here is the situation:

1) Europe needs gas
2) Russia says will sell only in Rubles (or unfreeze/unsanction their assets - that seems like their real aim)
3) Europe says wont pay in Rubles and wont unfreeze/unsantion Russian assets

What is the immediate solution out of this catch-22?

Europe will unfreeze when all troops leave Ukraine including Crimea.

Right now its chicken game. We know putin blows on his last legs.

Yes. And no. The german gov is such idiotic that they like to destroy germany. As always...

Europeans are American vassal states. And if and when Europe burns because of the policies of a few hundred Neocons sitting in Washington DC then know that Europe had no legs to stand on to fight for their interests. Already the blowback from the Neocons' wars in the Middle East on Europe is there. This conflict is even closer to home.

Europe will unfreeze when all troops leave Ukraine including Crimea.

Right now its chicken game. We know putin blows on his last legs.

So you dont offer any solution and just want the gas flow to stop like right now?

What is the contingency plan when 100s of thousands of unemployed people start rioting on the streets? Do you have any?

Oh man (or do you define other?), you really want to see Germany die. You are mentally ill.

You belong to 5th column. Germany would die if it bends to this tyrant. Even more so since Putler is losing.

I am a man, im fiercly patriotic. And weaklings who bend to Putin disgust me.

I mean how weak must someone be to betray his own nation to cater the enemy?

I see people with your mindset as traitors. Russian agents and enemies of Germany and Europe

@jhungary

On whether they can reposition their troops. So far, the reports are of troops that were hanging in their rearguard, or weren't able to be deployed into Kiyv for whatever reason. By doing that, they make themselves moderately vulnerable to breakthrough.

We need to note that this is not a rotation, and these weary troops from Kiyv front will be going without rest to the East of Ukraine after few days on a train. This also leaves them without an opportunity to use these troops to rotate their troops on frontlines.

Pulling their front line troops from near Kiyv is out of question, because Ukrainians will have a turkeyshoot at retreating troops.

They had extreme trouble deploying the force of this side into dense forests on Belarus borders, and it means they will have equally bad logistics problem during the retreat.

Retreats are often costlier than advances, because dangers of chokepoints getting under artillery fire are at least doubles during retreats. It's one thing to suffer from chokepoint congestion during offence, when your advance party keeps the enemy occupied 30kms-40 kms away, and completely different when the enemy is right there, shooting you in the back.

They will likely have to abandon a lot of damaged, but still recoverable armour, ammo from emplacement, towed weapons left without tractors. Wounded soldiers take more space than ones who can seat.

The railways are said to be disrupted on Belarusian side, and Ukrainian/LNR/DNR connections with Russian rail were blown up over past weeks in the East. Even with rail, the evacuated armour will take weeks to load on trains to Russia, refit, and redeploy.

----------

Now, they want to deploy those 10-20 BTGs, or what's left of them to the West.

How?

They no longer have the option to deploy them at leisurely pace during peacetime, nor is the LNR/DNR territory is safe now. There is no ammo, and supplies for them there, as it was already used.

They will also have to repair/reorganise broken BTGs. Get new armour/artillery for them. Appoint new officers from somewhere to replace KIAed/WIAed ones.

----------

In other words, they are either off for good, or they will be redeployed half-broken, without serious armour, and supplies. In the later scenario, they will only be able to provide 20 BTGs of very light infantry, or 12-15 ones on basic, and obsolete armour from Russian reserves.

----------

The biggest wutang not discussed yet, is that they will be redeploying 15000+ broken, and demoralised troops who thought that they will be "going for military exercises," into a place they know will be a complete meatgrinder. I bet, there will be surprises.

So you dont offer any solution and just want the gas flow to stop like right now?

What is the contingency plan when 100s of thousands of unemployed people start rioting on the streets? Do you have any?

Dude seriously? In Germany is welfare. Unemployed get 60% of last income and 67% when they have children.

Well, just because Russia want it does not mean the West have to give it to them.

The problem here is, if sanction is not in place, then how can we guarantee Russia will do what they do in peace talk?

On the other hand, I really don't see how the West will roll back the entire sanction unless Russia pay for it, you need to think about it globally, if they do, that will encourage other actor to do the same. There are a few place in the world where land dispute exist, if you don't go all the way, you are just encouraging people for it. This is the lesson the west learn after 2014 and they did nothing serious......
No guarantee except for the fact that Putin has now seen that taking Ukraine is not a 3 day job :laugh:

I can see a couple of reasons why the western countries be willing to let go of sanctions in favor of a settlement:

a) Stop the bombing of Ukrainian cities to save civilians and infrastructure.
b) Russian natural resources are still in demand.

We'll see if my best guess for the current scenario is close to reality in future.

Me? Since when am I the "most powerful man in the world" ?o_O
Dude, then am I Zelenskyy?

You are all talk and no action, I don't care if this is what Bruce Lee talk to Jackie Chan or Zelenskyy said to Biden. YOU, are all talk and no action.

By the way, as I said before, I am no fan of Biden either, so, joke's on you.

You belong to 5th column. Germany would die if it bends to this tyrant. Even more so since Putler is losing.

I am a man, im fiercly patriotic. And weaklings who bend to Putin disgust me.

I mean how weak must someone be to betray his own nation to cater the enemy?

I see people with your mindset as traitors. Russian agents and enemies of Germany and Europe

So all the policy makers with real information and knowledge about what would happen if they stop energy supplies are "5th column" and "traitors"?

May be it is you who is a "traitor" and doing Putin's job to spread discord in German society?

@Ich

Last edited:
No guarantee except for the fact that the Putin has now seen that taking Ukraine is not a 3 day job :laugh:

I can see a couple of reasons why the western countries be willing to let go of sanctions in favor of a settlement:

a) Stop the bombing of Ukrainian cities to save civilians and infrastructure.
b) Russian natural resources are still in demand.

We'll see if my best guess for the current scenario is close to reality in future.
Not talking about now, but a few years in the future, if west lifted sanction too early, Russia may have another bite of an apple, and this time, they will be prepared.

As I said, the West would most likely not going to let go of sanction unless Russia pay for this war. I just don't see any point doing it otherwise, because you may as well tell it to XI or Kim Jung that they are free to invade Taiwan and South Korea as long as you pull out before we did enough damage to you, and take whatever you gain from the war.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom