What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t understand why the Russians don’t secure the Ukrainian border with Poland , hungry and others since all sorts of resupply is flowing from there. At least fly air strikes on the resupply route

K
I wondered the same. It seems the Kremlin expected a short war and underestimated the losses. I think they dont want to commit more forces westward and have more troops spread thin. The size of Ukraine also means trying to take the whole country Russia will need a large occupation force which they likely dont want.

Militarily I think they can only conduct surgical strikes when they identify targets westwards so too hard to stop flow of weapons without significant boots on the ground.

I still don’t understand why the Russians don’t secure the Ukrainian border with Poland , hungry and others since all sorts of resupply is flowing from there. At least fly air strikes on the resupply route

K

They have no ability as their airforce is useless.

Think how difficult covering such a large area would be for USAF and then multiply by 10 times for Russia.

France has taken a much more intelligent approach by not officially revealing what was sent to Ukraine and on what scale.

What's confirmed (visually confirmed) is that we sent helmets,body armors and anti tank missiles. (MILAN and ERYX)
Do you have any photos of Ukrainians with French army helmet and body armor? I heard about the MILAN but not about the ERYX.

Below is your post. Which second woman ?
View attachment 826855

People like you and your French friend should be held accountable for posting snarky nonsense on the internet.
I made another post posting not longer after that post posting a photo of a woman on stretcher who later died,

Do you have any photos of Ukrainians with French army helmet and body armor? I heard about the MILAN but not about the ERYX.

Here you can see Belarussian volunteers with spectra helmets and S3 body armors

00001_GILET-PARE-ECLAT-S3-CCE-ARMEE-FRANCAISE-AFGHANISTAN-LEGION-.jpg

Basically old stocks we are getting rid of. I've read modern helmets and body armors were also sent but no visual confirmation as of yet.

We get allot of stats on russian losses, are there any detailing Ukraine. I would suspect a much bigger difference but havnt seen anything which is cooberated.
Suppose to have a lot of tanks in Ukraine but Russia probably destroyed most of them which is why the Ukraine president is begging for 200 tanks from nato.

I wondered the same. It seems the Kremlin expected a short war and underestimated the losses. I think they dont want to commit more forces westward and have more troops spread thin. The size of Ukraine also means trying to take the whole country Russia will need a large occupation force which they likely dont want.

Militarily I think they can only conduct surgical strikes when they identify targets westwards so too hard to stop flow of weapons without significant boots on the ground.
Putin believes he can take Ukraine in 3 days. He was not prepared for a long war. Now his army runs out of foods. He reportedly asks chinese to deliver army meals. How rediculous.
I hope chinese don’t send meals with chopsticks.

Here you can see Belarussian volunteers with spectra helmets and S3 body armors

View attachment 826872

Basically old stocks we are getting rid of. I've read modern helmets and body armors were also sent but no visual confirmation as of yet.
Oh is this like Coat D'Ivoire era equipment? From the 90s and 2000s I mean.

By the way,the post says "Belarussian volunteers unite with Ukrainian forces to defend the city of Kiev. They're calling them Kastus Kalinouski".

Your media is free as far as I can tell. Have seen documentaries in DW that are critical of German government. You can vote and replace your head of state if the majority of your electorate so desires. I consider these as traits of free society :cheers:

I still cant find the facepalm smiley at the like button :( Maybe it is there but it is censored like all opposite meanings on social media in Germany are censored/deletet. Maybe i dreaming that police hitman charge the flats of people who have an opposite view as the german gov has and throw them into jail.

Naaaah, pdf do not hide the faceplm smiley ;) But the rest and more is real...

Some good points. One thing he does not mention is that there is not a single video of a javelin engaging a Russian tank in combat. Not a single one.
He didn't really say much really. He is just talking about why the video is edited. And that we don't know what we don't know.

The problem is, there are enough length of video for us to know that in most of these case, it is the Russian who is paying for it. Granted, what he said is correct, nobody is going to show any failed strike, and it did not give you enough perspective, but then wouldn't the reverse also be true? Failed strike on Ukrainian position is not going to be shown, and the Russia also are only focusing on their perspective. So, things would be kind of balance out.

Those video that was release was released for a perspective they want to tell you, this is not a "Objective" video in a sense that it allow you to think for yourself, So basically he is talking about something we already know, but at the same time, he is also ignoring the fact that Russia is seriously behind on its schedule.

PS. you are not going to see any missile hit the target on a first person view. That would review operational detail, you may see them after the war, but I don't think you will saw any of them when the war is still going on.

Last edited:
I still cant find the facepalm smiley at the like button :( Maybe it is there but it is censored like all opposite meanings on social media in Germany are censored/deletet. Maybe i dreaming that police hitman charge the flats of people who have an opposite view as the german gov has and throw them into jail.

I don't live in Germany and don't speak German. I do work with quite a few German people and I do not have the impression that Germany is a security state from them. So, this is what I (an average person who resides in the west) believes to be true. :coffee:

:laugh:

You can use following:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Some good points. One thing he does not mention is that there is not a single video of a javelin engaging a Russian tank in combat. Not a single one.
Are there actually any videos of Javelins destroying Russian armor?

K

Ukrainian/Poland Border is deep inside Western Ukraine. You cannot just go and secure the entire Polish/Ukrainian border even if you start from Brest, in fact, doing so would make your situation worse. Think about it like this, if the Russian is hit by the Ukrainian on the Polish/Ukrainian border, where could they go? They can't cross the border and go into Poland. which mean if they were attacked along the border, they will be stuck......

And you can't fly airstrike over the supply route, you would have to cross a lot of Ukrainian territories in order for you to do that, think of the SAM along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom